My positive experience with finasteride

To any of you guys out there that are thinking of getting on some hairloss medication here is my own experience. I started taking finasteride approx 8 years ago and at first I believed I was suffering from the usual side effects but I now know that this was purely in my mind and have had great success with this medication and I have undoubtedly kept what I had from the day I started taking the meds !

I know some people are totally against the drug but in all honesty I believe that for guys that ar certain to progress to beyond a nw6 then the drug plays a vital roll in getting the best out of your hair transplant goals . It has in fact kept me off the surgeons table as I'm 100% certain I would have been very far gone without it . I got my medications from various online pharmacies in the begining but all very exspensive , over the last few years I have been put in contact with a gp here in the U.K. Via spex (hrn member) and now get approx 14 months supply of genuine branded proscar for around ?160. This is a small price to pay to keep the hair you have and even improve hair quality if you are looking to go down the surgical route .

I hope this info can be of help and for interest I have had 3 children whilst taking the meds so "it's still working" :)

Here are the contact details for my gp who can help any of you U.K. Hairloss sufferers

drstevengedgar@gmail.com

Here are some photos as a comparison , the first being taken approx 8 years ago in the same place in my house with similar lighting the only difference is on the 2nd pic I have a better camera phone but I honestly feel my hair is much stronger and healthier and may have actually gained some hair .

Here are some photos as a comparison , the first being taken approx 8 years ago in the same place in my house with similar lighting the only difference is on the 2nd pic I have a better camera phone but I honestly feel my hair is much stronger and healthier and may have actually gained some hair .

The first picture is from approx 8 years ago , the 2nd is a few months ago

IMG_7665.JPG.23d25dfe8461268e74f1123871e6a94f.JPG

IMG_7666.thumb.JPG.20231d5e481b794d55997d3066637dea.JPG

Thanks ,Yea I was quite surprised when I saw the pictures side by side ..I'm not sure if I've had regrowth but the hair quality has improved greatly and the hair has darkened so gives a lot more coverage . I am 100% certain that I would have been pretty bald on top with just a strong forelock left like the rest of my male family without the Finasteride.

I've done this little thread to make others aware of how useful this medication can be to prevent future loss . Hope it can help others

Great to hear of your positive experience.

Dr Steve Edgar provides an excellent service for finasteride and Dutasteride.

Grow well!

Regards

Spex

Cheers spex and thanks for putting me in touch with him ! How long were you using finasteride before upgrading to dut ?

I agree with the OP, been on finasteride for 11 years now, have had no side effects and my crown and mid scalp are preserved; which allowed me to use aggressive hair restoration to achieve frontal third density over the course of three procedures.

Finasteride is a mana from heaven, the single most important tool in the arsenal against hair loss.

Hair loss patient and transplant veteran. Once a Norwood 3A.

Received 2,700 grafts with coalition doctor on 8/13/2010

Received 2,380 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 9/30/2011

Received 1,820 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 7/28/2016

• 3 weeks later...

Just had a updated price list from dr edgar this morn i have copy and pasted it below for any of the uk guys that are serious about keeping there hair ;)

Just informing patients my new discounted charges for finasteride and dutasteride private prescriptions in the UK.

14 months supply of 5mg Generic finasteride @ 145pounds

14 months supply of 5mg Proscar finasteride @ 175pounds

6 months supply of 1mg Propecia finasteride @ 330pounds

6 months supply of 0.5mg Avodart dutasteride @330pounds

Feel free to email me for an online consultation form.

drstevengedgar@gmail.com

Kinds regards

Dr. Steve Edgar GMC 4722104

Thanks ,Yea I was quite surprised when I saw the pictures side by side ..I'm not sure if I've had regrowth but the hair quality has improved greatly and the hair has darkened so gives a lot more coverage . I am 100% certain that I would have been pretty bald on top with just a strong forelock left like the rest of my male family without the Finasteride.

I've done this little thread to make others aware of how useful this medication can be to prevent future loss . Hope it can help others

Thanks for sharing your results and experience.

My opinions are my own. I am one representative of MyWHTC Clinic's European branch.

Consultation Dates & Cities for Dr. Patrick Mwamba

London, United Kingdom - Available (Sat.)

Zurich, Switzerland - Available (Saturday)

Bologna, Italy - Available (Saturday)

Brussles, Belgium - Available (Sun.-Sat.) *No Fee*

Dr. Patrick Mwamba is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

When is the best time to take fin? Morning or night after meal etc.

Hi , I personally have always taken it first thing in the morning before breakfast but not sure if there is a optimum time to take the medication.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Just checking in to say the finasteride is still working wonders at keeping my hair in place , and has so far allowed me to stop my search for getting a transplant . Fingers crossed the drug keeps working its magic ! Also zero known side effects to report

• 3 weeks later...
Just had a updated price list from dr edgar this morn i have copy and pasted it below for any of the uk guys that are serious about keeping there hair ;)

Just informing patients my new discounted charges for finasteride and dutasteride private prescriptions in the UK.

14 months supply of 5mg Generic finasteride @ 145pounds

14 months supply of 5mg Proscar finasteride @ 175pounds

6 months supply of 1mg Propecia finasteride @ 330pounds

6 months supply of 0.5mg Avodart dutasteride @330pounds

Feel free to email me for an online consultation form.

drstevengedgar@gmail.com

Kinds regards

Dr. Steve Edgar GMC 4722104

Quick updated price list and contact info for dr edgar

• 1 month later...

Quick update for any uk guys wanting a script for genuine affordable finasteride . Definitely worth trying out medications before jumping straight into the transplant lottery . I’ve had zero known sides and fathered children whilst using the medication and honestly believe without the fin I’d be a majorly bald man now .

• 1 month later...

I have started finasteride 1mg a day its a generic brand from dr fox online.

Its been 6 weeks and I started noticing lack of libido from week 1 until today. There is no morning wood to wake upto excited. I get erections 2-3 times a week but they are not solid like before. I even loose erection during intercourse and find it difficult to get it up again. This may sound like too much information but was important to get it off my chest. My hairloss scale is norwood 5 .Have a light thin hairline left.

Having read many reviews about finasteride on different sites. Lack of libido is common side effect.for some it get backs to normal after 3 months as body gets used it.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi , I’ve been using the drug for years so can’t really remember what it was like when I started first using . My advice would be to not use generics as they appear to not be as efficient. A cheap way of getting branded meds is by cutting proscar into 5ths . I personally think slot of the sides are in the head but I’m no doctor so only speaking on my experience.