Round 2 with Rahal -- 1204 FUT to frontal third (same area)

Ernie

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wow, amazing results...and great planning!

Now you have a HL for life, if not the whole front 1/3, and if you ever start lossing your hair in the back you still have plenty of donor for FUE.

I sure hope that my story ends up as half as good as yours...

• 1 month later...

Hey i am actually located in the Ottawa area where rahal has one of his clinics. Are you @Ernie in the area? I have never actually seen a hair transplant in real life and have been absolutely dying to check out a good one. Please let me know if you would be open to meeting up one day possibly for coffee so I can check out this stellar work in person. I am massively considering going to Rahal. I would direct message you but I can't figure out how so let me know!

• 2 months later...

Question:

I'm a young individual debating my hair transplant down the road.

Do you have any photos of your hair before or around the day that you started finastiride in 1999? and then right before your first hair transplant so I can gauge where my hair loss might end up in 10-15 years?

So I can plan accordingly?

Question:

I'm a young individual debating my hair transplant down the road.

Do you have any photos of your hair before or around the day that you started finastiride in 1999? and then right before your first hair transplant so I can gauge where my hair loss might end up in 10-15 years?

So I can plan accordingly?

You aren't addressing me, but I want to say this: you cannot compare yourself directly to someone else. Nobody loses hair at exactly the same rate as the next person. Unless you have an identical twin, it is impossible to gauge how your loss will progress by comparing yourself to somebody else.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks guys for all the compliments. As much as I love the slicked back look, I’ll shorten it way up at the 1 yr mark in March. Then I’ll post a side-by-side-by-side of pre-op, post HT #1, post HT #2.

Maybe this will help the fine hair guys see what a big round 1 and a touch up round 2 can do for us.

Incredibly life-changing experience for me.

Hey Ernie! I have now scheduled a transplant with Dr. Rahal in August and have so many questions for you. It would really help me out if we could talk or something!

my email is nhlpro11@hotmail.com

Look forward to hearing from you

• 4 weeks later...

Man that’s gonna be a great result!! I’m in the process of trying to schedule my 2nd procedure with Dr Rahal as well. For what it’s worth..I’m planning on FUT and then last procudeure and some point being FUE. Great decision Ernie. 

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website

• 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • Administrators

Would be great to see ol ern come back, but I think he forgot about us baldies, he’s off enjoying his mane and living his life.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

On 4/29/2017 at 1:35 PM, Ernie said:

32 days post-op. Not much shock-loss this time around. If you read my first thread (first HT), I had bad bad bad shockloss in round one at 40 days.

Just a quick, very poor quality update here. Proper update in a few days...

AS ALWAYS, I've posted my pre-op (prior to BOTH hair transplants) here as well. Helps for comparisons sake...

FullSizeRender.jpg.7757e0386396cc4e101c4efe9e4be590.jpg

Ernie, 

I have followed your threads for a while now and I have a question. 

I know you used finastiride for 10 years prior to your first hair transplant. When you first used finastiride how was your hair compared to this photo (pre-op 1st HT)? 

Were you able to maintain the same hairline? Did you gradually lose ground?

I'm 27 and I have been on finastiride and DUT for 4.5 years now and thus far I have stopped my hairloss but unsure what can happen in the near future and unsure when to get my hair transplant. Any tips and thoughts on your hairloss while using finastiride? 

• 1 year later...
  • Administrators

@Ernie 

Would love to see an update, I know it's been years since you logged in, and you're probably enjoying your hair, but hope you come back for an update. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.