4500 Grafts with Dr. Koray of Asmed

ediee02

Man, congrats! Another great work from Dr. koray. I had 4002 grafts with with him and couldn't be happier.

An amazing experience (4002 grafts) with Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED Clinic).

After Transplant. Dr. Koray originally planned on filling the entire front and back with the 4000 grafts but the quality of my hair wasn't as great as he expected, so he focused on the front area. I had miniaturization in my donor hair. 2200 grafts in the hairline and the rest went evenly spaced behind it as needed. He hopes the vertex, which is also miniaturized, will fill in on its own with the Fin I started taking 2 weeks prior to surgery. Dr Koray assured me I would still have a very good result. I trust in Dr. Koray and I hope it turns out great.

_DSC5417.thumb.jpg.40dbd90b63b63b6829459259aedb077b.jpg

_DSC5419.thumb.jpg.38b358e394e80849d2507221a3bfbf89.jpg

_DSC5424.thumb.jpg.3500b8be740a8faa6929215cbcc8b137.jpg

_DSC5432.thumb.jpg.b881ca2ae29cee050aec392bcb6b74c9.jpg

Hi ediee02, I'm just curious what made you decide to go to Turkey from the US when there are lots of HT doctors in the US? I'm trying to decide where to get my HT done... I live in Dubai but from the UK. So considering the Farjo clinic in the UK or Asmed Clinic in Turkey.

Hi ediee02, I'm just curious what made you decide to go to Turkey from the US when there are lots of HT doctors in the US? I'm trying to decide where to get my HT done... I live in Dubai but from the UK. So considering the Farjo clinic in the UK or Asmed Clinic in Turkey.

I chose Turkey because it seems to be years ahead it terms of experience with FUE. Price also had a small part to play as well. In the US it is $8-$12 per graft. I had 4000 Grafts done which would have cost me over $40,000. At Asmed with my flight and hotel the procedure was around $11,000. If I wasn't completely convinced Asmed was the best choice, than I probably wouldn't have done it anywhere.

• 4 weeks later...

Well it's officially been 2 months since my procedure at Asmed. I'm fairly confident that all the transplanted hairs have fallen. Every once in a while I see a hair fall that is substantially shorter in length that the others, so I assume it's the last remaining Grafts. I will say I've seen an increase in coverage in my donor area. It's slowly looking better and better. Still on Fin and no side effects. I do have some growth starting, but it's very slight and it's almost like a stubble. Maybe 40-50 hairs. I have been taking 5000mg of biotin and I will say I think it's been helping my hair growth. The numbness is slowly going away in the recipient area. I think the Fin has stopped any more of my original hair from falling. I never see any in the shower or in my hands anymore. Redness is pretty much gone. No one has ever questioned me having an Ht performed. I think we all put our hair up on this peddastool as if others actually care about it. They don't! It's definitely a personal choice to have hair, and I'm not regretting anything yet. Hopefully I continue to have positive results in my donor area as well as the recipient area.

IMG_2650.jpg.e6f14d48b62d5ac8b1167b57b98f0e37.jpg

IMG_2653.jpg.61a0404fb81557fd249e545674aab446.jpg

IMG_2652.jpg.75cbfe90ba111ca5daef895639ddeb20.jpg

IMG_2658.jpg.ccb61037d6dd06d262cf9e9451d48ca8.jpg

• 1 month later...

3 month update. I took these pics a week ago or so, so I'm a little late with my 3 month update. I had just gotten my first haircut a few days prior. No sides from the Fin at all. I am starting to see hairs sprouting. Some are darker but most of them are thin fine hairs, which I know is normal at this stage. I'd say maybe I have 150-200 hairs coming through right now. Donor area is looking back to normal. Really just a waiting game now.

IMG_3028.jpg.f88799adeebd6ed120935da2bd98d702.jpg

IMG_3029.jpg.9d35b40ccfe503ac8d1872b60ef525bc.jpg

• 1 month later...

I definitely see new hairs coming through. My hairline has gotten stronger. But still missing density. I was hoping to really see a larger improvement between months 4-5. Here is a picture from before a haircut and immediately afterwards. I was hoping for better hair quality as well from the fin but I don't see a change. I think I had a shed about a month ago but it's very difficult to see a big difference. I have been on Finestride for about 6 months.

IMG_3412.jpg.f7f5785b6e5aa3e86adb407b60bd97bb.jpg

IMG_3411.jpg.7f9223f4744f8c805027d2e81f9af9d9.jpg

Hi ediee02,

Looking good from where I'm sitting. Still many months to improve density. Thank you for sharing your journey, been very interesting. Good luck in the coming months, and I look forward to more updates.

5024 grafts with Asmed Clinic. Dr Koray 25th & 26th Oct 2017

Those who spend their time looking for the faults in others usually make no time to correct their own. –Art Janak

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/187649-countdown-my-hair-transplant.html

• 4 months later...
I definitely see new hairs coming through. My hairline has gotten stronger. But still missing density. I was hoping to really see a larger improvement between months 4-5. Here is a picture from before a haircut and immediately afterwards. I was hoping for better hair quality as well from the fin but I don't see a change. I think I had a shed about a month ago but it's very difficult to see a big difference. I have been on Finestride for about 6 months.

Are you relatively happy with the donor area now? Not going to lie your first few pics scared the hell out of me. I mean you can always keep the donor area short if the density is an issue. But it looked more like you were trading thinness up top for on the side...i mean thats the point of an HT, but it shouldn't in the end look like you are balding on the sides either. People will notice that. But it looks like your donor area has come a long way since the last few pics were taken. I hope your end result is absolutely stunning. I think I have hair very similar to yours and the loss might be similar too but I think your front was stronger than mine. I am in the process of working out a date with ASMED myself. This is my preliminary thread: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/188771-fue-graft-hairline-estimation-%2A%2Apics%2A%2A.html

Edited by palma13

Are you relatively happy with the donor area now. Not going to lie your first few pics scared the hell out of me. I mean you can always keep the donor area short if the density is an issue. But it looked more like you were trading thinness up top for on the side...i mean thats the point of an HT, but it shouldn't in the end look like you are balding on the sides either. People will notice that. But it looks like your donor area has come a long way since the last few pics were taken. I hope your end result is absolutely stunning. I think I have hair very similar to yours and the loss might be similar too but I think your front was stronger than mine. I am in the process of working out a date with ASMED myself. This is my preliminary thread: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/188771-fue-graft-hairline-estimation-%2A%2Apics%2A%2A.html

I had never realized it but my donor area was thinning prior to the HT. I went back from pics from a few years ago and noticed the sides of my head had thinned out. So I initially attributed it to the HT but it was just from the natural thinning. I just never really paid much attention. I have new pics and I'll post them in just a few minutes.

I had never realized it but my donor area was thinning prior to the HT. I went back from pics from a few years ago and noticed the sides of my head had thinned out. So I initially attributed it to the HT but it was just from the natural thinning. I just never really paid much attention. I have new pics and I'll post them in just a few minutes.

Wait I thought HT surgeons were super careful about not extracting from areas on the sides where the hair might thin (certainly not if it already is thinning). Isn't the whole point of the HT to pick hairs from the side that are likely resistant to DHT driven loss. I guess maybe the thinning hair they transplanted will take a while to fall out. But its a bit of a crushing realization for me because I had hoped after my 4000 graft FUE I would only need filling of areas where my old hair (not transplanted ones) would naturally fall out. Unless I am totally confusing the issue. In that case my apologies.

• Like 1

Wait I thought HT surgeons were super careful about not extracting from areas on the sides where the hair might thin (certainly not if it already is thinning). Isn't the whole point of the HT to pick hairs from the side that are likely resistant to DHT driven loss. I guess maybe the thinning hair they transplanted will take a while to fall out. But its a bit of a crushing realization for me because I had hoped after my 4000 graft FUE I would only need filling of areas where my old hair (not transplanted ones) would naturally fall out. Unless I am totally confusing the issue. In that case my apologies.

Yea they don't pull from thinning areas. DHT has the ability to affect all hairs on your head. The doctors examin and extract from the thickest areas and areas that are less prone to thinning. It really comes down to genetics if your donor area will thin or not. That's why they recommend finestride to help maintain the existing hair as well as preserve the donor hairs. My donor area has thinned over the years. I've been losing my hair since I was about 12 years old. It's just been a very slow process and I had extremely thick hair at one time. In the end, you have to realize that how you respond to a transplant and the finestride will be pure genetics.

Here are some updates pictures. The donor area has healed well, the sides of my head that I was worried about have filled in nicely. I am still on finestride, with no sides. Overall I'm happy with the procedure. I still do see some small hairs coming through occasionally. I do have some weak areas. But I feel I am much better off now than I was a year ago.

IMG_5014.jpg.06efc735e447a7842ea55a6e937dbeb2.jpg

IMG_5012.jpg.0913f0cb5e347196578dd9fafc92b199.jpg

IMG_5011.jpg.90faba0e16922d8bef8a384549def7c0.jpg

IMG_5015.jpg.5c92e4204b24ee539761333ed6b2a7f1.jpg

• 2 months later...