4500 Grafts with Dr. Koray of Asmed

ediee02

Well the day has come for me to leave to Istanbul Turkey from The United States. It will be an 11hr flight so I'm hoping the seats are comfortable haha. I am a bit nervous but looking forward to 6 months from now when I start to see new growth. I will post before and after pics as the time goes on. This site has really helped me choose Asmed and be confident in that choice. Between 4000-4500 was my online quote, so I will find out when I'm there how many I will have done. Fingers crossed for a safe procedure!

Hey, just chiming in with some support. I don't comment on many threads from forum users who visit ASMED, but I certainly read them all. Especially interested in fellow Americans who take this plunge, as the journey to and from seems the most daunting aspect of it all to me.

ASMED sure does check a lot of boxes for me though. Namely, an excellent track record at a price point I can stomach.

You're doing it, man!! All the best.

Hey, just chiming in with some support. I don't comment on many threads from forum users who visit ASMED, but I certainly read them all. Especially interested in fellow Americans who take this plunge, as the journey to and from seems the most daunting aspect of it all to me.

ASMED sure does check a lot of boxes for me though. Namely, an excellent track record at a price point I can stomach.

You're doing it, man!! All the best.

Thanks! Yes the flight was long and I couldnt really sleep. If I could do it again, I would have gotten 1st class seating so I could lay down. I am at the hotel now. The Asmed driver was very friendly and brought me straight to the hotel. I haven't had any issues yet. Tomorrow is when they will take a look at my hair and head and do the preliminary tests.

4000 Grafts with Asmed. Hello, the days have come and gone. My procedure was completed today. As all the other Asmed posts, I flew in and was picked up by the driver who was holding a sign with my name on it. He dropped me off at the hotel and told me he would be back the next morning at 7:00a. The next day I was brought into the Asmed Clinic. Initial pictures of me with hair were taken. I was sat down with Dr Koray and he took a look at my hair. I had just started finastried 2 weeks prior and he had said that allot of my hair on the top was miniaturized as well as some of my donor. But he did believe that in the coming months that proscar will fix that. He assessed my hair and said 4000 Grafts would be needed. I don't have the final numbers but I believe they settled on 2300 hairs in the front vertex and the remaining 1700 to go to my midscalp back towards the crown. I will find out the final numbers tomorrow. The majority of my hairloss is in the front, in the vertex area so I was very happy with that. He then drew on the hairline that he deemed would fit me best. After the talk we went over and shaved my head. Which I knew was coming but was a shock as this made it real haha. I would think flying 11 hours into a different country would have been the shock factor. But my head ended up not looking so bad shaved! After this they bring you back into the picture room to take more pics and Dr Koray puts a laser level on the lines he drew, to be sure your hairline is straight and even on either side in corolation with your facial features. After this I headed back to the hotel. Day 2, first day or surgery. I was picked up and brought back to the clinic at 7a. After a brief hangout session, we head straight into them shaving my head again and then to the transplant room. I was given the shots to numb the donor and the extractions began. Extractions took roughly 3-4hrs for 2300 Grafts. After that we took lunch and then back to the room for the incisions. The recipeint area was numbed, Dr Koray makes the incisions and the team inserts the graphs. We then do 10 min of laser therapy on the recipient area.. I was given some pain killers and taken back to the hotel. The hotel is great by the way. Very up to date. Day 3 was the same as day 2, with the exception of them washing the Grafts, but they took 1700 Grafts to fill the midscalp towards the crown. I am now back to the hotel and my procedure is complete. I'm scheduled to go in for a wash in the morning and then I'll head back to the airport for my flight home. Overall my experience has been very positive, Dr Koray and Dr Umed (anesthesiologist) have been great, friendly and professional. All the workers were very friendly and helpful.

IMG_1875.thumb.jpg.58f684a39b97edf96caef6d1ec8670ab.jpg

IMG_1820.thumb.jpg.54a31f549b045ba666e5a9095b8a43ba.jpg

IMG_1833.thumb.jpg.c28a2f6fd6b8ebee0850cee473973375.jpg

Day 2 post surgery. Here is a close up of my front hairline. I wasn't completely bald before the surgery, so I'm hoping this will help aide in an excellent result. I just started finestride almost three weeks ago.

IMG_1911.thumb.jpg.1a814d4e25f3d8c1af630abace28cb67.jpg

Looking good, I was in Turkey same time as you with Dr Cinik.

So the technicians extract the grafts from donor, Dr Erdogan opens the canals, then the technicians insert the grafts?

Awesome! How was your procedure? Yes that is correct. The technicians are very talented as well. Very knowledgeable.

Awesome! How was your procedure? Yes that is correct. The technicians are very talented as well. Very knowledgeable.

Mine went great, have a thread here as well. Structure of our surgeries seems very similar.

Day 5 update. Scabs are slowly coming off during and right after a shower. At day 7 I will really make an effort to be scab free by day 10. I still have allot of pain in the donor area but from what I have been told it's normal.

IMG_1960.thumb.jpg.053459f562cbeaf877eafbe3095fcfb4.jpg

9 days after surgery and scab free. Honestly the scabs fell off relatively naturally. The rest I spent maybe 30min in the shower, slowly rubbing my head in a circular motion to remove. The donor area up until day 8 was very sore and throbbing at times. Never any pain in the recipient area. But today I have felt allot more relief. I would wake up in the middle of the night with pain in the donor and would have to take more pain meds. But now it's much more manageable. The recipient area is still quite numb. So far I'm very happy with my post op early result. Not looking forward to the ugly duckling phase in a few weeks. The head isn't that red but maybe has a slight pinkness to it. So most would never suspect a hair transplant.

IMG_2074.thumb.jpg.c908a1cd76140952746e81c9db29dc0b.jpg

Looking very clean and dense as well!

One more day till the critical post-op day 10, you should be in for an awesome result based on his past record and from what I can see of the grafts and placement.

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

Day 13. I had a few lingering scabs since day 9. Those are all gone. Not looking forward to the ugly duckling phase. I'm hoping I'm one of those rare people that don't shed the implanted hair. It's been about a month since I started Finestride and still have no side effects. Not sure if it has really been working but I'm hoping it will help thickin my existing hairs.

IMG_2135.jpg.b6048494ca6ee4c83d9c32fc475ce55a.jpg

Hi. I've got a couple questions. Do they shave head for FUT too? or only for FUE?

Hello, it really depends on the doctor. They definitely will shave the donor hair area. But as far as the rest of the head goes, it's up to the doctor you see. Dr Koray shaves everyone's head. He only does FUE. I think he shaves them so he can put the Grafts in the best spots without having any problems. Creates a better result.

Hello, it really depends on the doctor. They definitely will shave the donor hair area. But as far as the rest of the head goes, it's up to the doctor you see. Dr Koray shaves everyone's head. He only does FUE. I think he shaves them so he can put the Grafts in the best spots without having any problems. Creates a better result.

Ah. I was only concerned about donor area (since I'll be doing HT for crown).

Hows everything going eddie? 1 down 5 to go

I'm a few days away from my 1 month and the shedding has begun! Haha. I was able to hide my hairloss for a long time, which is why the shed is probably a little more demoralizing than most. In another 30 days everyone will know I have had significant hairloss. I have been losing hair for 20 years if you can believe that. I'm 32 years old. Started when I was 12. It just has been a slow loss, and I used to have a ton of hair. My donor area has been affected by it also but I didn't think it was this bad. I may have some shock loss going on as well. But I'm not sure. Dr Koray did know that my donor was thinning out as well. But hoped the proscar would bring it back. I guess only time will tell!

1 Month update. Hard to believe it's been a month since my HT. Shedding started around week 3. No one has noticed I've had a transplant. My biggest concern is my donor area. I started FIN 6 weeks ago. So it will be another 6 weeks til I will see any results. The hairloss had effected my donor area. Dr Koray did tell me this and showed me through pics where it had thinned out. I guess I never really noticed it. But he assured me that he believed the FIN would help to thicken up my donor area as well as the crown of my head. First two weeks was absolutely horrible to sleep. I had swelling the first week but that is gone now. I am starting to get pimples in the transplanted and donor area here and there. The redness is almost all gone. Just a thin line in the front hairline is still read. Here are some pics.

IMG_2370.jpg.fee52f1882d0b17ffdeac95c9e4969a8.jpg

IMG_2367.jpg.ee73d7793397657c1c8592b487a71e2c.jpg

IMG_2368.jpg.ed6089c9bf3cc271b8af02908b108789.jpg

IMG_2369.jpg.23e47a4b974d1cbf2bbb8808d3240733.jpg