Michael Vories, MD FUE 1500 Grafts

This 38 year old patient came in for his 12 month follow up after receiving 1500 FUE grafts into his frontal forelock. For cases like this we can often hide the procedure by clipping small patches in the donor area and extracting from the patches. These patches can be concealed by the untrimmed hair above the patches. Normally the most we can harvest by this method is 1500 grafts. This patient had a previous FUT procedure in his hairline only, so our job was to blend that hairline with the midscalp hair by grafting in his frontal forelock only. He is stable on finasteride, and all grafts were harvested and placed by Dr. Vories.

ba1.jpg.92ab19b31e93a4a3b02daab6352109a1.jpg

ba2.thumb.jpg.1c82d3cf20dd4286d0bbcb55d5d97f42.jpg

ba3.thumb.jpg.b45d895a1cd2137f58b95c81c6eba88d.jpg

ba4.thumb.jpg.b5f9fad5534ea8309711255722d4aa1e.jpg

ba9.thumb.jpg.737ad753fe6d9e219ad3db7831794fb0.jpg

ba5.thumb.jpg.49fdcbbc40f2ec8ff69fb9b7e471e1a1.jpg

ba6.thumb.jpg.f6c37d49ec660a97bd8813fc4fe82345.jpg

ba7.thumb.jpg.d6734897e051ab057261b2c084827296.jpg

ba8.thumb.jpg.7b9cad5ad9e21ff7bf528276adf24c91.jpg

Excellent dense and natural result.

Have been impressed with your FUE work of late.

The hairloss pattern seems a bit atypical than the usual MPB pattern we see, was there an underlying scalp condition etc. that caused the previous hairloss? (LPP etc.)

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

I got it, that explains the sudden density jump in the pre-op photos.

Excellent repair work, up there with some of the best I've seen.

Edited by hsrp10

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

Interesting case. I wonder if he lost his forelock while on finasteride and how long ago that procedure was? This is the classic look of a pt that advanced in hairloss after a hairline procedure (which is where I would be if I stopped fin). Luckily, the old work still looks like modern technique.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Unfortunately he was not on finasteride when his first procedure was performed 7 years ago. His hair loss behind the hairline accelerated until he saw us last year, and we put him on finasterdie immediately. The good news is his hair loss has stabilized on finasteride, so hopefully his pattern will stay this way for some time.