Debating on where to have HT: USA, Mexico or Turkey.

memzinla

Hello! I just came across this forum. :)

I'm a 29 year old guy, and I haven't noticed any loss of hair. I see myself everyday though. I've always been worried about going bald because my dad is bald. I noticed my grandpa from my mom's side has a lot of hair, but a big forehead. I feel like I could probably look like that in the future.

Right now I'm concerned with the widows peaks. I've had them for a long time, and I can't remember when I first noticed them. I've gone to different consultations. The first one was with Dr Meshkin in Newport Beach, CA. I felt good during the consultation, and he was a pro. He said the FUT line scar wouldn't be noticeable. I was impressed with everything. If money wasn't an issue I would go with him. He recommended between 1500 and 2000 grafts, but I noticed he also recommended 2 - 3 sessions. It's something I want to ask. Why 2 - 3 sessions? The price for 1500 grafts is 5k dollars, and the price for 2000 grafts is 6k dollars.

I went to a second consultation, and they didn't convince me at all. They didn't use the microscope to look at my hair. That doctor recommended me 4000 grafts. I thought it was a big difference.

I contacted a doctor from Tijuana, Mexico (Neopel) because I read a review on real self about her. Price seems good, but I'm not sure how many grafts they would use on me. The price they said was that for any number of grafts using the FUT method is 3k dollars, and FUE is 4k dollars. They recommended getting FUT first just in case I go bald in the future. They said FUE is recommended after you've done FUT and you still need/want hair. I'm not sure about Neopel with Dr. Hernandez because she doesn't have many reviews.

I've started thinking about Dr. Cinik in Turkey because of the price, and reviews I've been reading. He seems very good, but I just started researching about Turkey.

Has anyone else heard about the doctors I've mentioned? If so, which one would you recommend?

I'm also undecided about FUT vs FUE. I usually get a fade haircut, and Dr Meshkin told me I wouldn't be able to have very short hair if I choose FUT method.

Here are some pictures of my hair:

P2280210_copy.jpg

P2280215_copy.jpg

P2280220_copy.jpg

P2280221_copy.jpg

You are losing your hair via a receding hairline, looks like some diffusion might be creeping into the frontal third, but keep in mind some of your recession is the natural maturing of the male hairline that occurs in a majority of men.

Most people do not keep their juvenile hairline, and at 29 you are not a juvenile and of the age range that experiences the hairline maturation.

Eyeballing you, i'd classify you as a early stage Norwood 3, maybe in route to a 3A.

Are you taking finasteride?

That's a must to try for stabilizing your hair loss before you proceed with any surgery.

I recommend since you are a US resident exploring your American options first before trotting abroad for medical tourism, you have world class physicians short plane rides and drives away from your present location, and don't need to use a passport.

Hair loss patient and transplant veteran. Once a Norwood 3A.

Received 2,700 grafts with coalition doctor on 8/13/2010

Received 2,380 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 9/30/2011

Received 1,820 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 7/28/2016

I was told I was Norwood 2 going to 3. I haven't taken anything yet, but in Mexico I did have PRP injected in the widow's peaks. I have baby hairs in that area.

I am leaning towards FUE now for the same reason. I keep my hair pretty short. I wonder how much European doctors charge. Any idea of how much?

• 3 years later...
  • Administrators
1 hour ago, Mobe said:

@memzinla Hope your procedure went well? Can you please let me know which doctor you ended up going with as i am in the same spot you were during this post and a bit lost. -Thank you

I don’t think he’s going to respond this is a 4 year old thread 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Just now, Melvin-Moderator said:

I don’t think he’s going to respond this is a 4 year old thread 

lol One can always hope but you are probably right. Thank you for answering! I think i found out the DR he saw through the threads in his profile.

Hi @Mobe and @Melvin-Moderator! haha

I can't believe it's been 4 years since I posted this.

I ended up going with Dr. Nader, and I've had 2 sessions with him! I noticed that after the 2nd session I did see an improvement in my hair! I wasn't completely happy with the 1st session, but I do remember a different doctor did say that I needed 3 sessions. 

I'm not sure if it's because of the pandemic, but I feel like recently I don't have as much hair. I've been leaving it down. DOn't know if it's stress related to COVID.

Here's some pictures:

Before and after:
49-CA9-A8-E-3601-442-B-B0-AA-EE6117640-E 

Early 2020:
IMG-0645.jpg

March 2021:
IMG-2106.jpg

Leaving it down:
IMG-1929.jpg

Edited by memzinla
  • Thanks 1

• Administrators
13 minutes ago, memzinla said:

Hi @Mobe and @Melvin-Moderator! haha

I can't believe it's been 4 years since I posted this.

I ended up going with Dr. Nader, and I've had 2 sessions with him! I noticed that after the 2nd session I did see an improvement in my hair! I wasn't completely happy with the 1st session, but I do remember a different doctor did say that I needed 3 sessions. 

I'm not sure if it's because of the pandemic, but I feel like recently I don't have as much hair. I've been leaving it down. DOn't know if it's stress related to COVID.

Here's some pictures:

Before and after:
49-CA9-A8-E-3601-442-B-B0-AA-EE6117640-E 

Early 2020:
IMG-0645.jpg

March 2021:
IMG-2106.jpg

Leaving it down:
IMG-1929.jpg

This has to be the first time someone has come back to share their results haha awesome 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

• Administrators

Looks good, Dr. Nader did an excellent job.

View my thread

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/18/2021 at 4:05 PM, memzinla said:

@Mobe Where do you live? How old are you? He's super busy! Have you been able to contact him? He made the process so easy, and I loved that I was picked up from the hotel in McAllen, TX.

Bro, awesome results!

But how do I even get in touch with Nader? I've filled out his consultation website a few times, called several times, left various voicemails but no dice.

• 1 year later...
On 4/7/2021 at 12:59 AM, WhatsHairGotToDoWithIt said:

Bro, awesome results!

But how do I even get in touch with Nader? I've filled out his consultation website a few times, called several times, left various voicemails but no dice.

I think I waited like a month to receive a response. Did he respond?

5 hours ago, memzinla said:

I think I waited like a month to receive a response. Did he respond?

He never did. I got tired of begging for his attention and ended up going back to HMR in Tijuana. You can check my results in my latest thread....

Your hair looks amazing in the early 2020 picture, but in your latest picture it looks to me like you aren't taking finasteride. You need to get on it ASAP if you want to keep your existing hair....