Teen wondering about bald spot on hairline?

Hey guys,

I'm glad I stumbled upon this forum and I have been learning a lot by reading through a lot of the topics posted here. I am 17 and I'm wondering what I should do with this odd, almost reverse widow's peak smack dab on the middle of my middle hairline. Every thing else about my hair is fine, just that one small spot. At first, I thought I started balding when I cut my hair short in the summer, but I looked backed to my 8th grade picture and noticed it was there before. I have visited a dermatologist but he has no clue as to why that spot is there. There is no apparent scarring or anything, but I'm convinced I was just born with it. Anyways, is there anything I can do to have hair grow back? Will I have to do a FUE transplant? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Photo_27.jpg.f41fcf4c091f12b08dd9e95baf645799.jpg

I wouldn't even call it a congenital bald spot; it's just the natural contour of your hairline.

It's perfectly normal. The guy in the middle looks like he has a similar spot near the center of his hairline. You could probably grow your hair literally one centimeter longer and cover it.

The recommended minimum age to be considered for a hair transplant is usually around 25 (though there are exceptions), but I don't even think that applies in this case. The location of the area is probably too risky: you might get stuck with a small patch in the very front and lose hair elsewhere. Even though it might not be THAT devastating in the long run, I can't imagine that many doctors would think it'd be worth it, for you or them. Julius is right that the only thing that should even remotely be considered is FUE, but you're probably going to have to wait a long-ass time. Your hair looks good. icon_cool.gif

-------

All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my My Hair Loss Website