Hair Restoration Simulation

In my last visit at the clinic, the consultant draw a line of where my new hairline will begin.

I was wondering if any of you know of or used a more sophisticated and realistic systems to simulate the results. From image manipulation to a 3d systems that allow you to move your head and see your new hair.

Thank you!

Tomjob,

I can almost guarantee that such software exists. I just don't know offhand where or who exactly uses this software. But highly sophisticated computer systems and software has been around for a long time, so it wouldn't surprise me if somebody does have this.

That said, be careful. Sophisticated computer systems, impressive looking software and machines can draw in a number of people however, that does not mean that the physician's surgical skills are up to par. For example, the Neograft machine and the ARTAS are very impressive looking and the ARTAS even automates a hair transplant procedure, at least the donor excision part of it. All sounds very impressive, except many people have not been overly impressed by the results and the best surgeons have not been overly impressed with the quality of the grafts that are harvested with it.

At the end of the day, technology is great but nothing beats the skill and experience of an excellent surgeon.

Best wishes,

Bill

There isn software that can simulate a hair transplant procedure. You can adjust the density be changing the number of grafts placed into a designated area. However I question how well it takes into account some of the individuals specific hair characteristics ( color, caliper, straight vs curly) and if it may lead to false expectations.

Thanks Bill and Dr. Glenn for your reply!

I did some research on the ARTAS systems and I saw that it come with "Hair Studio" which is a simulation software for hair restoration. That's exactly what I was looking for. Now I only wonder if there is any other software that is a standalone and not part of the ARTAS system.

Dr. Glenn, in your answer, did you referred to the ARTAS hair studio, or are you aware of any other software?

Many thanks!