Dr Feriduni Advice

Hello!

I have been in contact via email with Dr Feriduni (or his rep anyway). I am 31, almost 32, and I have been recommended to wait 2-3 years before getting my frontal 1/3 done and then waiting a further 2-3 years to get my crown done. The problem is, I think I will be completely bald by then.

I understand the logic. They want to see how stable to my hairloss is. The crown is already quite bad though and the front has a tuft but benefits from the top of the head having hair which is also thick and so gives the illusion of having more hair at the front than I actually have.

What does everybody else think about this advice? I am going to go on a visit in the summer to Belgium to visit a couple of doctors but I want to get people's advice anyway.

Dr Feriduni and his team are very ethical and like to future-proof their patients as I understand. If they are saying wait a few years, I would definitely take their advice as your existing hair at the moment could disappear within the next few years, essentially diminishing the impact a hair transplant(if done soon) could make for you. That's my own opinion though. I wish you all the very best.

Are you taking any meds?

If not and have aggressive hairloss then it might be sound advice.

Everything behind the transplants could be lost and knowing where that line is in terms of stable area is important.

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

Yes. I see his point, as I mentioned above, but I have no heard of anybody else being turned down because of their age. I would have thought at 32 I would be fine. I'd be almost 32.5-33 when when I had it too. I will have to hash it out with him in person when I see him in the summer.

You state that you think you may be completely bald in 2-3 years. Dr. Feriduni may have an excellent point. If you have surgery now and lose lots of your existing hair, the transplant may not look successful. I'm sorry you're in that situation. Maybe take a look at pictures of yourself from previous years and estimate the hair loss. Everyone is different but my hair loss stabilized in my early 30's. Best of luck. We just don't want you to spend thousands of dollars and not be happy in a couple years.

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

I said 2-3 years for comic effect. I just meant it could be a lot worse (or not). I think it is more or less stable now but I will visit the doctors I am interested in going with in the next couple of months and see what they say in person!

• 2 weeks later...
Hello!

I have been in contact via email with Dr Feriduni (or his rep anyway). I am 31, almost 32, and I have been recommended to wait 2-3 years before getting my frontal 1/3 done and then waiting a further 2-3 years to get my crown done. The problem is, I think I will be completely bald by then.

I understand the logic. They want to see how stable to my hairloss is. The crown is already quite bad though and the front has a tuft but benefits from the top of the head having hair which is also thick and so gives the illusion of having more hair at the front than I actually have.

What does everybody else think about this advice? I am going to go on a visit in the summer to Belgium to visit a couple of doctors but I want to get people's advice anyway.

When a top surgeon refuses to take your money and tells you you're better off not doing it, I'd listen...

Speaking of Dr Feriduni, somebody posted on here yesterday complaining they got a bad result from him and now -- poof! -- it's gone. Makes it tough to really judge this stuff, and trust this site, when mods vanish complaints...

• 1 year later...
On 3/29/2017 at 9:17 PM, crankyhair said:

When a top surgeon refuses to take your money and tells you you're better off not doing it, I'd listen...

Speaking of Dr Feriduni, somebody posted on here yesterday complaining they got a bad result from him and now -- poof! -- it's gone. Makes it tough to really judge this stuff, and trust this site, when mods vanish complaints...

@Bill - Managing Publisher any reason why this would have disappeared? I am sure @crankyhair won't connect to say which result he is referring to.

4 minutes ago, TrixGlendevon said:

@Bill - Managing Publisher any reason why this would have disappeared? I am sure @crankyhair won't connect to say which result he is referring to.

This is something I will need more information to look into. However, I do vaguely remember a topic where someone expressed disappointment with the results however, if the topic has been archived out of public view, there would have been a statement that was added with the explanation as to why. This topic would have remained  visible for several days giving members a chance to read my final words on the topic. 

If you can refresh my memory as to who created the topic, I could probably find more details. Truthfully, I don’t even know if the topic has been removed or maybe the title of the topic has been changed, etc. 

Any additional information you have will be helpful in allowing me to  investigate this and providing you with an answer. 

Best wishes, 

Bill

Ironically, I think you might be talking about Gentel_man83,  recently contacted me through private message, around the same time you started asking questions about this. He asked me to comment on the doctors reply on his topic but he did not post a link to it. That said it was a Dr. Feriduni topic.   

If that’s the topic you are talking about, it is definitely not removed  

Bill

I am not mentioning anything. I am just referring to what the poster above my message with you tagged into it said. I have no idea who he is referring to. I do not think it is Gentel Man because I have been following that thread and also it is a relatively new one. Judging from what Crankyhair said, this post should be from 2016 (as Cranky posted in March 2017 and he said a post from last year)