HT - DHT from Euginex

After reading and doing so much research on this site and other online resources, I have decided to go for HT procedure. I looked at FUT and FUE and then found DHT (Direct Hair Transplant), I guess I am a little concerned about the cut in the back of my head even though that is considered the best out of two - FUE AND FUT in terms of the outcome/results. I saw some posting on this website where some members have had good success from Eugenix in India. There is some case study on nih as well with good results shown from the DHT procedure. It just so turned out that I was travelling to India to attend a wedding so I contacted Eugenix and was able to get an appointment during my stay in Delhi. So, here is some of this things I would appreciate some advice on…

1. I was asked not to have alcohol before for up to 3-4 weeks before the procedure. Now I am going there to attend a wedding, and it is really challenging to restrain in an environment like that. This would not have been a problem if I was not attending a multi-day elaborate Indian wedding. I decided to get the procedure done before the wedding and now I have to wear a cap/hat during the wedding. Anyone have a similar experience and type of cap/hat recommended?

2. I want to carry with me any shampoo or any OTC stuff, any suggestion what should be on my list to take as post-procedure caring needs?

Thank you!

3 -4 weeks no alcohol before the transplant seems extreme ,how long before the wedding are you having the transplant?, regarding the hat comes down to what style you want ,but make sure it is big enough so not to disturb the grafts' I have recently sent photos to Eugenix I first contacted them on their website ,the Doctor called me on my phone I must say I was impressed with her I told her I had already had a transplant of 4200 due grafts at this point she hadn't seen my pics but I like the way she said we would have to be careful with the donor because 4200 grafts is quite a lot ,luckily my donor is still quite dense

so it will be interesting to hear her avaluation

Having been in multiple Indian weddings, I suggest you get HT immediately after the wedding, you don't want your precious grafts be damaged during any part of wedding revelry.

My Thread: 

Thank Mick50 and Harin,

Sorry, I couldn't post any earlier as I was on my flight to New Delhi, and I decided to undergo the procedure right away and the wedding ceremony which begins in 3 days. I also found a very nice hat :) and just like you said it has sufficient room to not to interfere with the new grafts.

This is my 2nd day at the Euginex clinic. I must say I am really impressed by the overall setup, but as always what matters is the outcome or the results. I also met a few of their patients here and to me the results looked quite decent, now I am not an expert like you guys, but my expectation is also for a decent result. Dr. Arika Bansal has estimated nearly 4000 grafts and I am almost 3/4th way there, I am posting this during my break and in between sessions.

Gents... Thanks once again for your quick responses!

• 3 years later...