**Video** Repair of Stone Age plugs- Feller and Bloxham- Great Neck, Long Island, NY

Very frustrating video.

First-- great repair job. No doubt about it. Well done.

Second--as you Dr Bloxam were a moderator on this very Forum why would you discuss the strip repair, show a top down photo before , show full profile right and left, then in the comparison shots you only focus on close up on left and right profile so it's not 1:1 with the old shot for comparison, no top shot after, and no donor area shot.

This is deliberate. My question is WHY? This is an educational video so why do you skip crucial comparison shots ?

Hi Davis,

First, thank you for the kind words.

Second, I did try to create a very thorough presentation and show how this patient looks in "everyday life." After all, that's what is truly important! This is why I included video footage of the patient -- which is always the most honest. I also thought I included an "after" picture for every "before" shot with the surgical markings. The reason why I included the "close up" shots of the hairline from each side was not only to show the work up close, but also to feature where I actually worked. Because of the restrictions in the donor, I was only able to work in the frontal 1/3rd -- for the time being. Since this is where the surgery was performed, this is where I focused the presentation. I assure you this was not meant to deliberately obscure anything; only to highlight the work that was actually done.

However, I understand what you're saying: Dr. Feller and I are both very active and experienced members of this forum, so we are held to the highest standards. This reputation is something we are very proud of, so we do our best to create and present a lot of transparent content to continue educating and helping patients seeking hair transplant knowledge online.

So, I do want to make sure these presentations are thorough and honest. If there are any additional shots you would like to see, let me know. I'm not at the office now, but I can check after surgery Monday to see what I have in my files. I may have some good additional comparisons. However, I did focus my energy on capturing the area where I worked; so the images do focus on the 2,000 grafts I placed in the frontal third.

I hope this makes sense. Thank you for participating in the thread.

And I attached the "before and after" comparisons I used in the video and the original repair video here. Hopefully this will provide some clarification as well.

Pictures:

2ltn7k5.jpg

2rc5361.jpg

2zyjt6o.jpg

28hh4d2.jpg

bfqkoo.jpg

2ds2tcx.jpg

Original repair video:

Dr. Blake Bloxham is recommended by the Hair Transplant Network.

Hair restoration physician - Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation

Previously "Future_HT_Doc" or "Blake_Bloxham" - forum co-moderator and editorial assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, Hair Restoration Network, Hair Loss Q&A blog, and Hair Loss Learning Center.

Click here to read my previous answers to hair loss and hair restoration questions, editorials, commentaries, and educational articles.

Now practicing hair transplant surgery with Coalition hair restoration physician Dr Alan Feller at our New York practice: Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation.

Please note: my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

You guys should send an anonymous invite to get your own Chuck Schumer into the chair for a repair. That straight hairline that starts halfway to the back of his head is just begging for a touch-up from skilled hands.

If, by slight chance, you ARE the ones that did his original work, well...

giphy.gif

Again this is a great repair for where he started.

Focusing on where you worked makes sense. But then why show at all the left full side profile,right full side profile, and top down shot and not show a direct 1:1 comparison after? You also say you want to show how the patient looks in everyday life with a video which only shows him from the front basically. So you are saying in everyday life people will only view him from the front ??

Since you offered please show aftershots full right side and left side, and top.

Dr. Bloxham you know exactly what I am referring to--please help us trust your relatively new surgical skill set (which looks quite good) by combining it with gold standard videos and photos that make you the most honest and transparent of the new generation of HT docs. Make that committnent early in your career and you will be justly rewarded. Thanks.