Hairs that didn't shed...

frankdatank

Hello all, I'm around the 2.5 month mark and I'm getting new grow which is exciting!

However, I have several grafts maybe ~20-30, that never fell out BUT they have not grown either. They are the same length as when they were put in. I assume they will fall out at some point? Are they hurting growth in that area? Should I do any thing or be concerned? Unfortunately, they are dead center 1's in the front so I look at them everyday...

Thanks!

I'm also at 2.5 months and have new growth although it's a little sparse. The fact we are getting new growth at this point can only be a positive.

I had some transplanted hairs not shed (about 50 maybe) but mine have all continued to grow as normal. I haven't had any stay the same size. You could try washing a little harder or pulling on them to see if they come out.

First Transplant: 5000 FUE grafts with Dr Koray Erdogan ASMED, December 2016

First Hair Transplant link: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/185564-5000-grafts-fue-13th-14th-december-asmed-dr-erdogan.html

Hair loss regime

Propecia 1mg daily

Saw Palmetto 450mg daily

Biotin 1000ug daily

MSM 1500mg daily

Pumpkin Seed Oil 1000mg daily

1% Nizoral shampoo weekly

Lasercomb x 3 weekly

Frankdatank,

Not all the hairs will shed and those that don't typically grow. But others that don't shed have detached from the follicle but won't grow. What will happen is when the healthy follicle underneath the scalp begins to grow a new hair, it will lush the old hair out.

I hope this makes sense.

Best wishes,

Bill

• 1 month later...

Hi, sometimes after transplant the implanted hair may not shed in some individual and start growing directly. So it’s normal. You have not attached any Pic or even the detail provided is not enough to understand the other problem you are mentioning. So my suggestion is to provide a good quality photograph with highlighted area/marking of the area you are worried and explain your concern in bit detail so we can guide you accordingly or you can consult with the doctor who had operated you as he has better insight in your problem.

Online Representative and Patient Advisor for:

Dr. Kapil Dua, AKClinics - Hair Transplant in Delhi, Ludhiana and Bangalore, Chennai - India.

Dr. Kapil Dua, Board of Governor at ISHRS(USA), Board of Governor at AAHRS, President of AHRS India

is a recommended surgeon at Hair Transplant Network.

Disclaimer: I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Yes, what you are experiencing is normal regarding the transplant hear that didn't shed but is not growing either. Sometimes the follicle will separate from the shaft for the shaft doesn't shed. But when the new hair starts to grow it will push that hair out. So now that it's April and posted this in late February, any changes? How are things going?

Best wishes,

Bill

Hello all, I'm around the 2.5 month mark and I'm getting new grow which is exciting!

However, I have several grafts maybe ~20-30, that never fell out BUT they have not grown either. They are the same length as when they were put in. I assume they will fall out at some point? Are they hurting growth in that area? Should I do any thing or be concerned? Unfortunately, they are dead center 1's in the front so I look at them everyday...

Thanks!

May you post your immediate post-ops and 2.5-month follow-ups?

My opinions are my own. I am one representative of MyWHTC Clinic's European branch.

Consultation Dates & Cities for Dr. Patrick Mwamba

London, United Kingdom - Available (Sat.)

Zurich, Switzerland - Available (Saturday)

Bologna, Italy - Available (Saturday)

Brussles, Belgium - Available (Sun.-Sat.) *No Fee*

Dr. Patrick Mwamba is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians