Dr. Hasson 6364/FUT/1 Session/ FUT/FUE for 2nd

This patient in his 40's traveled from China to Vancouver for his procedure with Dr. Hasson. Wanting as many grafts as possible, his expectations were exceeded with 6364 grafts via FUT. A light crown coverage, while not expected in the first session, was able to be achieved with this number. He had hair on the finer side and 2180 singles,3844 doubles and 340 3-4 hair grafts made up the total. These photos were the result of his first FUT procedure taken 16 months post-op on his second visit to the clinic. He again wanted to maximize the yield and elected to have another FUT followed up with an FUE procedure. The 2 day total combining the FUT and FUE was 3448 grafts of which 2545 were FUT and 903 were FUE. A .08 mm punch size was used for the FUE. The second visit added some density to the frontal zone, reconstructed temple points and increased the density for the crown. Of the 4 post-op shots, the second full head shot (with his arms folded in his lap) represent the first procedure immediately post-op, the other 3 are immediate post-op from his 2nd FUT/FUE procedure. If only they would have taken another 188 to get to 10,000, that would have had a nice ring to it  But, I don’t think he’s complaining…

1-TL-DR-H-FUT-Front.jpg

2-TL-DR-H-FUT-Front-CLose.jpg

3-TL-DR-H-FUT-Front-Angle.jpg

4-TL-DR-H-FUT-Front-top.jpg

5-TL-DR-H-FUT-Side.jpg

6-TL-DR-H-FUT-Side-Angle.jpg

7-TL-DR-H-FUT-Side-Close.jpg

8-TL-DR-H-FUT-Top.jpg

9-TL-DR-H-FUT-scalp.jpg

10-TL-DR-H-FUT-Post-op.jpg

11-TL-DR-H-FUT-Post1.jpg

I am a salaried employee of Hasson and Wong since 2001. Opinions expressed are my own.

Hassonandwong.com

PeloDinero:

Yes, to confirm, these photos were the result of his first FUT procedure. He was very happy with the outcome of his FUT so I can only imagine he will be very pleased after this visit.

mosd:

I don't have very good pics of the temple points but I've included a couple here for you, I hope they are of some value.

TL-Dr.-H-temples.jpg

I am a salaried employee of Hasson and Wong since 2001. Opinions expressed are my own.

Hassonandwong.com

• 8 months later...

The one-year post-op results from his most recent second procedure, a FUT/FUE combo. As mentioned, the second visit added some density to the frontal zone, reconstructed temple points and increased the density for the crown.

tl-drh-front.jpg

tl-drh-front-right.jpg

tl-drh-right.jpg

tl-drh-right-alt.jpg

tl-drh-right-close.jpg

tl-drh-left.jpg

tl-drh-left-close.jpg

tl-drh-top.jpg

tl-drh-crown.jpg

Hassonandwong.com

This is one of the most impressive cases I've seen. Temple points really set it off.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

HLS2015

You bring up an interesting topic. There are a few factors that can influence the decision on which method of extraction may be best suited for a patient’s second procedure. In most cases, the laxity is reduced from the harvest of the first procedure. This especially holds true in larger sized sessions. In some more rare cases, the patient’s laxity is very good after the first procedure. For these patients usually with a naturally loose scalp, the mobility returns and the next FUT procedure can produce essentially the same number of grafts as the first. When this patient came to the clinic for his second procedure, the plan was another FUT with the option to switch to FUE or perform a combo of both techniques. He wanted to maximize the yield and in order to achieve his goals, around 3,500 grafts would be required. His scalp was tighter than before as expected and with a harvest of around 2,500 via FUT, the numbers came up a little short of what was desired. So, in this case, the additional grafts needed were extracted via FUE the next day. The decision can also be influenced by other factors:

Scenario #1: The scar healed extremely well and is barely noticeable. Therefore to preserve the excellent scar, FUE is performed. This may also be more appealing when a smaller amount of grafts is needed instead of an amap situation.

Scenario #2: The patient likes the idea of not having to have another strip. The quicker healing and “newer technology” appeals to them and they want to have their second procedure via FUE.

Scenario #3: Scalp is very tight and harvest via FUT would yield an insufficient number and closure of incision would be difficult. Therefore FUE only viable option.

Scenario #4: Due to the favorable laxity and density of the donor, the patient has the option of either method for a second procedure and opts for another FUT.

• Like 1

Hassonandwong.com