Dr Nader, May 2017

wilkinte

At this point in my life, no.  It maybe more effective, but the sides seem to be more severe.

Plus I'm pretty convinced the hair on the top and front are all grafts so they shouldn't die anyways.

Finally for me, I'm at peace and happy with my hair.  Thanks for reading.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

Nice results @wilkinte. Even though your density could obviously be improved, I think it looks natural on you and that's what is most important IMO. 

If I were you and were thinking of a second HT I would go for a lower hairline, I think it would frame your face better. 

Edited by JohnBob

Also, very interesting that you are doing TRT and your test levels are at 1000! That's some aggressive teenager test levels man, I like it. 

How long have you been doing TRT? Do you think your transplanted hair is dealing all right with such high levels? May I ask with kind of test and how much you are taking weekly? Did you have to increase the normal dosage of 1mg of fina per day because of that?

Sorry for this amount of questions, it's because I'm thinking of having a HT in the future too AND also think about TRT but I would be afraid that extra test would be too much even for the transplanted hairs.

12 hours ago, JohnBob said:

Also, very interesting that you are doing TRT and your test levels are at 1000! That's some aggressive teenager test levels man, I like it. 

How long have you been doing TRT? Do you think your transplanted hair is dealing all right with such high levels? May I ask with kind of test and how much you are taking weekly? Did you have to increase the normal dosage of 1mg of fina per day because of that?

Sorry for this amount of questions, it's because I'm thinking of having a HT in the future too AND also think about TRT but I would be afraid that extra test would be too much even for the transplanted hairs.

For me, I inject .6 ml per week, so that's 140 mg.  It's prescribed by my doc since I was very low.  Been about 4 years.  I don't think the transplanted hairs are affected by the T.  Dr Nader and I talked about test (and other drugs I take) and he didn't have concerns.  That being said I'm sure I've wiped out my native hairs in my crown/front from it.  

Feeling good versus looking good.  And trying to balance it.  You'll have to figure it out.  I would recommend picking a HT surgeon and then talk it out with them. 

I'm guessing you don't have low T.  If you were suffering from the brain fog, lack of energy/drive, depression, etc. losing a few hairs wouldn't be a concern.

40 minutes ago, wilkinte said:

For me, I inject .6 ml per week, so that's 140 mg.  It's prescribed by my doc since I was very low.  Been about 4 years.  I don't think the transplanted hairs are affected by the T.  Dr Nader and I talked about test (and other drugs I take) and he didn't have concerns.  That being said I'm sure I've wiped out my native hairs in my crown/front from it.  

Feeling good versus looking good.  And trying to balance it.  You'll have to figure it out.  I would recommend picking a HT surgeon and then talk it out with them. 

I'm guessing you don't have low T.  If you were suffering from the brain fog, lack of energy/drive, depression, etc. losing a few hairs wouldn't be a concern.

Makes sense. May I ask what kind of test are you taking what were your levels before starting TRT?

Also what is your the daily dosage of finasteride?

Edited by JohnBob