Dr Nader, May 2017

wilkinte

After both of my Nader fue transplants i looked good at 5 months and great at about 8 months. I have taken detailed hair pictures every week or so but i need to go through them then maybe i'll put more up.

I had a giant forehead before my transplants and worried about my hair every single day. After my first transplant my hair looks great and i actually get compliments on it again. It took years off of my appearance. People always think I'm in my late 20's but I'm 36 lol My goals were totally met since i had researched transplants hardcore for a good 7 years before i got one. So i knew what to expect.

I do have hair greed now though and I'm thinking about a 3rd Nader transplant to lower my hairline even more and add more density.

After both of my Nader fue transplants i looked good at 5 months and great at about 8 months. I have taken detailed hair pictures every week or so but i need to go through them then maybe i'll put more up.

I had a giant forehead before my transplants and worried about my hair every single day. After my first transplant my hair looks great and i actually get compliments on it again. It took years off of my appearance. People always think I'm in my late 20's but I'm 36 lol My goals were totally met since i had researched transplants hardcore for a good 7 years before i got one. So i knew what to expect.

I do have hair greed now though and I'm thinking about a 3rd Nader transplant to lower my hairline even more and add more density.

Hair greed. Totally understandable. lol. You mention you had two procedures. What was the focus of the other procedure? Did both deal with the front hairline?

Tom was the reason I went to Nader 2, I had the same kinda hair and I wanted to grow out my hair long as he did. Hopefully I get there as you and tom did lol

I still watch his videos btw lol

Saw your post-op work by Nader. The guy just seems to do clean work. Good call hitting the front first. Its just over a month for your, right?

I was not planning on posting a pic until about the 6 month point but a bunch of colleagues I hadn't seen since before the HT commented this week on how my hair was filling in!

And I have to say it is.

Remarkable difference from just 4 weeks ago when I posted pics. Looking forward to continued growing and thickening!

20170923_135419.thumb.jpg.ac3a04f0a7d91255668b5c99a929b63f.jpg

I was not planning on posting a pic until about the 6 month point but a bunch of colleagues I hadn't seen since before the HT commented this week on how my hair was filling in!

And I have to say it is.

Remarkable difference from just 4 weeks ago when I posted pics. Looking forward to continued growing and thickening!

Agreed. Significantly more hair in the crown at 5 months than pre-op, hairline in front is coming together, and it appears there is thickness where there was little to no hair pre-op. Really happy for you. Be encouraged.

hello, I have my first FUE with Dr. Nader in exactly three weeks, based on the pictures I sent him he recommended 2500 grafts in the top/front and Minoxidil for my crown. I was hoping anyone that has had the procedure done had any suggestions that I should do or anything to bring with me that you wish you knew about before hand. I've seen someone recommend button down shirts and someone mentioned a sterilized hat? Should I bring a hat or will they provide one? Did anyone bring cash and if so was there any problem flying with that amount?

Thanks

hello, I have my first FUE with Dr. Nader in exactly three weeks, based on the pictures I sent him he recommended 2500 grafts in the top/front and Minoxidil for my crown. I was hoping anyone that has had the procedure done had any suggestions that I should do or anything to bring with me that you wish you knew about before hand. I've seen someone recommend button down shirts and someone mentioned a sterilized hat? Should I bring a hat or will they provide one? Did anyone bring cash and if so was there any problem flying with that amount?

Thanks

Button down shirt is key, on the hat he will sanitize the hat that you bring.

Maybe a donut pillow for sleeping. Really hard to sleep that first night after the transplant. Nerves and what not.

I took a cashiers check for 1K less than the estimate I got from Brenda. Then 1k in cash. I didn't like the idea of carrying 6-7K around, but you can certainly do that. Dont bring a check for the full amount since you may need less transplants than his initial estimate, that's how it worked for me.

My check was from Chase and that was no issue. I'm sure any major US bank will be fine with them.

Get the tacos for lunch, if you're two days get the fish the second day.

Thanks

Just a small tip from my surgery is to take some snacks for your room so you don't have to venture out too much. I just hung out in my room for as long as possible.

Thanks all for the suggestions, I will definitely do the cashiers check because i'm going alone I really didn't want to carry 6K with me but I really wanted the 10% discount. How bad is the pain the next day? I basically fly in the night before into Brownville and drive from there to McAllen at midnight ( won't sleep that night anyway), then the day after the surgery I have to leave by 9:30 the next morning. The schedule is hell but flying from Charlotte NC, and can't take more than two days off of work.

I've been following the threads where Dr. Nader is mentioned, and it gets me excited every time I see a new post or a new reply. :)

My surgery with Nader is December 28. So is the 10% discount real when it's cash? I was recommended 2000 grafts. I could save $500 if I pay cash, but also don't want to carry all that cash. Is there a fee when paying with a debit card? No hat is provided? What hat should I buy? I don't ever buy hats. haha.

Do you recommend getting a haircut, or do they cut it with Nader?

I want to lower my hair line. People think I'm younger right now, I can't imagine after the hair transplant!

See the posts above, a cashiers check is good for the discount. Check with Brenda on your bank to make sure it works for them (Chase Bank worked for me). And make the check for about a $1000 less than your estimate, bring the rest in cash. You may need less grafts than the estimate.

I haven't mentioned tipping in previous posts but I tipped out his staff with the couple hundred I had left over from what I brought and what he charged me. Spread among the staff that goes a ways in Mexico. Oh and I tipped the driver too.

He will cut your hair the day of your procedure.

Good choice, and start a thread!

Memzinla, Nader will shave your head he's not going to sit there and give you a nice haircut. He needs to be able to get in there and do his best. That much cash isn't a big deal at all. Any hat will do lol

Wilkinte you paid the staff!? Don't start that trend lol. I of course tipped Mr. Santos both times but he said he is very well paid by Dr. Nader and didn't want to take it.

Memzinla, Nader will shave your head he's not going to sit there and give you a nice haircut. He needs to be able to get in there and do his best. That much cash isn't a big deal at all. Any hat will do lol

Wilkinte you paid the staff!? Don't start that trend lol. I of course tipped Mr. Santos both times but he said he is very well paid by Dr. Nader and didn't want to take it.

Too funny! I tipped Santos and his nephew as well but Nader said not to tip more than 5 or 10 bucks because they are well paid... I felt bad because they picked me up at the Harlingen airport that was 20 miles away.

Well, I got a reply from Brenda, apparently it has to be from Chase bank, and there isn't one any where I live so I guess I'm taking cash. I'm now at a week out and am getting nervous and excited. For those of you who have been through the procedure, how did you feel 4 days post op? I am supposed to go to a three day music festival the next weekend and I'm more nervous about that than the procedure its self.

Thanks

Cancel the music thing. Period.

If you ask Nader he'll tell you the same. You need to take it easy and protect your investment.

Plus, you'll be scabby, have a lumpy forehead and have a swollen forehead.

Cancel the music thing. Period.

If you ask Nader he'll tell you the same. You need to take it easy and protect your investment.

Plus, you'll be scabby, have a lumpy forehead and have a swollen forehead.

this....

most music festivals are outside in the sun, in large crowds, that is the last place you want to have grafts that aren't anchored. You may be swollen as well, just a bad mix all around. Avoid

Ok, as much as I wanted to go, that's the way I was leaning. I don't want to jeopardize my investment by trying to do too much right after the procedure. I appreciate the input, thanks. I will start a new thread next week after I get back with impressions and photos.

You're gonna have a great experience. Be ready to spend the first hour or two talking one on one with Dr Nader. That for me was the best, talking about my hairloss, getting his thoughts and designing the hairline.

• 1 month later...

Here we are a little over 6 months out. Pics are "bed head" this morning in natural light. Under harsh light or flash looks thinner of course.

Redness continues to fade, starting to see structure, and really need those new hairs to thicken up!

I'm a little concerned about the crown, and am thinking of starting rogaine. I was on Fin for 20 years and quit about a month after my HT. I really didn't think it was doing much anymore and for another unrelated reason I wanted to start donating blood (Fin is a no no for that).

Dr. Nader was OK about dropping the fin, but suggested the rogaine to help the crown out.

I'm on biotin in addition to my other supplements.

My long range goal on hair style is for tight on the sides and full on top. To that end my hair gal is thinking to just let it grow. These shots are about 3 (maybe 4) weeks after my last haircut.

20171111_090033.thumb.jpg.d8183aee3dc8cce6aee37548a21c81b0.jpg

20171111_090133.thumb.jpg.f2b1d70c8837184cd9e611ee46de46fd.jpg

I see significant improvement. More hairs are present in crown area now compared to original photo. Further, a front hairline is clearly beginning to take shape, whereas in your original photos you didn't have much of a front hairline. I also see more hair at the back of the crown than in the original photos. I also see nascent hairs sprouting. What are you feeling/seeing in terms of little hairs sprouting up?

Thanks for sharing your journey with us. Grateful for that. Be encouraged.

I have no idea why someone would stay on fin for 20 years and get off of it a month after getting a transplant. At that point, almost any judgement of the transplant will be hard to do, unless the area was slick. Good luck though.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

I see significant improvement. More hairs are present in crown area now compared to original photo. Further, a front hairline is clearly beginning to take shape, whereas in your original photos you didn't have much of a front hairline. I also see more hair at the back of the crown than in the original photos. I also see nascent hairs sprouting. What are you feeling/seeing in terms of little hairs sprouting up?

Thanks for sharing your journey with us. Grateful for that. Be encouraged.

Thanks for the kind words and it's nice for me to see improvement as time goes by.

Seems there are still new hairs sprouting up, especially in the crown now. Somewhere on the forums I recall reading the crown comes in slower than the front.

I started Rogaine this week on the crown, maybe that will boost things.

Everything just needs to start thickening, which I'm confident will happen.

I have no idea why someone would stay on fin for 20 years and get off of it a month after getting a transplant. At that point, almost any judgement of the transplant will be hard to do, unless the area was slick. Good luck though.

I get what you're saying, and if my hair looks like hell next year was it a bad HT or the effect of dropping fin.

Anyways, I am reconsidering. As I talked about above I started to doubt fin. effectiveness and on top really needed to start donating blood. High hematocrit and iron.

You can't donate on fin. However, you can have a phlebotomy at a hospital where they destroy the blood after.

I talked this through with Dr. Nader and he was OK dropping it but he told to keep an eye out for extreme shedding, then to crank it back up if I noticed any.

Thanks for the post.

No idea? He was on it for twenty years... Does it look like it stopped the progression of male pattern baldness? He also mentioned side effect(s) if you took time to read the thread.