Dr Nader, May 2017

wilkinte

Over the last week I've had some growth in the transplants (I know, don't get excited about it), some shedding of transplants, and a gradual reduction in the redness.

Dr. Nader is happy with everything he's seen.

My donor area is still a little tender, he's having me spread 1% hydro-cortisone on the donor area at night along with a couple ibuprofen's at night. My scalp has always been weird, prone to dry spots and "barnacles" - what my dermo calls them, that they've burned off. I'm guessing my physiology is part of the continuing issue with the donor area. But to keep things in perspective it's truly no big deal and I'm doing everything I normally do, including hitting the gym.

I've been hitting the aloe hard everywhere (pure gel, 2 times a day) with the hope of getting the red gone. That's the only mental thing I've got at this point, I'm OK being crew cut and thinning, I just want the red to go away. From the forums I can see it might take a while.

That's all for now. I've been impressed with the after care, if I don't text Dr. Nader for a day or two he hits me asking for an update. Also I'm going to shift to updating about monthly since not a lot changes week to week.

Cheers!

5b32f3b99fa13_frontweek2.thumb.jpg.00937b97b8d7cb3129869302b720ff26.jpg

5b32f3b9c12ee_crownweek2.thumb.jpg.279607ed3e2e062f3a9668ee23a18def.jpg

5b32f3ba02f4d_backweek2.thumb.jpg.332ad467c99485d2dfd9ea84a55cc8b1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks iq, good to hear from another patient, and its good to hear that 9 months out you feel great about the results.

I'm one month out and the ugly duckling stage is beginning. Many of the transplanted hairs have fallen out. Even though I've read about this and prepared for it, it's still a bummer.

Redness is fading slowly, definitely not fast enough. Dr. Nader advised trying Merderma a couple days ago so I'm rubbing that in. On the interwebs I don't read a lot of success with the stuff but it's worth a try.

I have been pretty religious about the aloe up until now.

I'll shoot some update pics at some point, I may wait until the 8 week point since I'm guessing not much will happen between now and then.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm 5 months out from my 2nd Nader fue of 1800 grafts (total 3800 grafts) and the difference in my appearance is amazing. My hairline hasn't been this nice or low since i was 26 or so (a decade ago). The "ugly duckling " stage of the first 3 months or so really made me feel like shit this time around. I felt hideous and wore a hat...which i never do. So it feels great to be getting hair compliments again.

The redness will eventually fade and you'll be looking good. Happy growing wilkinte!

I'm going to post 2 month update pics in a couple weeks.

Redness in the recipient area is fading nicely, some sprouting happening, but I'm keeping my hair short so it's not horrible. Also the lingering tenderness in the donor area is gone completely.

Glad to hear you're in great shape 5 months out!

I'm 5 months out from my 2nd Nader fue of 1800 grafts (total 3800 grafts) and the difference in my appearance is amazing. My hairline hasn't been this nice or low since i was 26 or so (a decade ago). The "ugly duckling " stage of the first 3 months or so really made me feel like shit this time around. I felt hideous and wore a hat...which i never do. So it feels great to be getting hair compliments again.

The redness will eventually fade and you'll be looking good. Happy growing wilkinte!

may we see befores and afters please?

• 2 weeks later...

Boy the ugly duckling stage is not for the faint of heart!

We all know it's coming and expect it, but its just a bummer that you look better 10 days post op when the scabs come off versus 2-3 months after.

Still have a little lingering redness, but there is no tenderness at all like I had the first month or so post op.

You can see some zits in the pics, I've popped two or three of them with a tool I bought to avoid squeezing them. Dr. Nader is OK with that as long as they have a white head and are poppable. He advises neosporin on the zits that are underground bumps.

Dr. Nader advised yesterday to go back on the aloe for the redness, but thought everything looked normal. If you zoom on the pics new thick hairs are discernible, but those guys need some time to grow out.

I have had two haircuts, going about every three weeks to avoid the bozo the clown look.

No regrets! Just looking forward to the future.

20170704_094418_001.thumb.jpg.ba8bff9b87d6f747712ceee05d558788.jpg

20170704_094515.thumb.jpg.8361ff2aed485efd745f89293cca4539.jpg

• 1 month later...

Passed the 4 month mark yesterday. I feel like I'm moving out of the ugly duckling stage and in the right light it seems like I have more hair even now. At this point I know it will get better and better

Lots of little guys breaking through too.

The pics are after shower and light gel.

Along with my normal supplements I'm on biotin, and I've reduced my finesteride to 1.25 mg every other day.

Would love to dump the finesteride but it's been about 20 years for me. I really need to donate blood to lower my hematacrit and unfortunately finesteride is one of the banned drugs for that.

I'll update again in 2 months with pics. Feedback appreciated!

front_aug.thumb.jpg.57bb26ee21b37f5c6fa6f0450de3f804.jpg

front2_aug.thumb.jpg.c831b6527202a20d9b5dd36bac52a45f.jpg

top_aug.thumb.jpg.4753ffa3f3793f4f50e316c348bafad5.jpg

Looks good wilkinte,

From here on looks like everything will start to grow. Good luck next time you update I'm sure you will have most of your hair growing out .

I make 3 weeks today still have a long way to get to where you are

Over the last week I've had some growth in the transplants (I know, don't get excited about it), some shedding of transplants, and a gradual reduction in the redness.

Dr. Nader is happy with everything he's seen.

My donor area is still a little tender, he's having me spread 1% hydro-cortisone on the donor area at night along with a couple ibuprofen's at night. My scalp has always been weird, prone to dry spots and "barnacles" - what my dermo calls them, that they've burned off. I'm guessing my physiology is part of the continuing issue with the donor area. But to keep things in perspective it's truly no big deal and I'm doing everything I normally do, including hitting the gym.

I've been hitting the aloe hard everywhere (pure gel, 2 times a day) with the hope of getting the red gone. That's the only mental thing I've got at this point, I'm OK being crew cut and thinning, I just want the red to go away. From the forums I can see it might take a while.

That's all for now. I've been impressed with the after care, if I don't text Dr. Nader for a day or two he hits me asking for an update. Also I'm going to shift to updating about monthly since not a lot changes week to week.

Cheers!

Did you do anything to help the scabs along?

For me, I just became more aggressive with shampooing after a week.

By aggressive I mean rubbing with finger pads a little harder. You don't want to be manipulating the scalp much.

Mine were gone in a week or so. Important to get them off but you may take a little longer.

Don't pick at them at all!

For me, I just became more aggressive with shampooing after a week.

By aggressive I mean rubbing with finger pads a little harder. You don't want to be manipulating the scalp much.

Mine were gone in a week or so. Important to get them off but you may take a little longer.

Don't pick at them at all!

I havent been picking but keep finding myself sort of stroking the scabs and they roll under my fingers. Hard to explain but I'm gentle but probably not the best way to deal with them!

Edited by micknick

Just be gentle. Would be very hard to displace a graft after 7-10 days.

And I know, it's hard to keep your hands off it. Wait till you get zits, it's really hard not to go to town squeezing the sh*t out of them.

And PS, for zits I got something like this:

https://www.amazon.com/Tissir-Blackhead-Remover-Comedone-Extractor/dp/B07231H335/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1504186005&sr=8-3-spons&keywords=zit+popping&psc=1

And I know, it's hard to keep your hands off it. Wait till you get zits, it's really hard not to go to town squeezing the sh*t out of them.

https://www.amazon.com/Tissir-Blackhead-Remover-Comedone-Extractor/dp/B07231H335/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1504186005&sr=8-3-spons&keywords=zit+popping&psc=1

Backnof my head was itchy as hell yesterday but woke up Thisbe morning and it's ok- a lot of the scabs have come off over night- pillow was covered in them- eww.

Thanks for the tip on spots- actually have one of those blackhead removers so will try that when it comes about.

When you say you were more vigourous did you just work the scabs with fingers while in the shower?

I actually have one of those spot machines as we call them.

Was very gentle in the shower this morning and just gently ran my fingers through the scabs to try and displace. Think I got rid of a fair few. Thanks mate

Just take 2 long hot steamy showers every day and those grafts will come off. I would take a nice long bath every night and keep my head moist. I also sprayed my recipient area every 30 minutes for the first two weeks until i was scab free. Be very careful with those grafts.

• 2 weeks later...

Dr Nader keeps in touch via texting, and he is happy with the results so far.

I'm red, but not violently so. Looking forward to giving you guys the two week update next Friday.

I just started researching in these forums and online and I haven't see a Nader post-op that didn't look clean and even. Looks good man. Looks like you got good donor hair to work with too, thick.

First found out about Nader from this guy on YT. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCofSbD3u-2e-K2bRp-VDnBg/videos

He had two procedures with Nader, results speak for themselves.

Edited by pedromanchaca

Yep those videos were the reason i went to Nader. Now my results after 2 fue transplants and 4000 grafts look just as good as Tom's. I love those vids i use to watch them way too much lol

Tom was the reason I went to Nader 2, I had the same kinda hair and I wanted to grow out my hair long as he did. Hopefully I get there as you and tom did lol

I still watch his videos btw lol

Yep those videos were the reason i went to Nader. Now my results after 2 fue transplants and 4000 grafts look just as good as Tom's. I love those vids i use to watch them way too much lol

Just looked at your photos. The difference between your 7 month mark and 11 month mark is unreal. Growth was good at 7, but by eleventh month looks very dense. Great work man. Looks good. Thanks for sharing your experience.

Any chance you have progression photos of your other procedure or, if not, kind of brief description of the hair goal and how close to ideal the result was?

Thanks again for sharing.

P.S. I've watched those videos plenty of times myself. :-) He did such a good job documenting the process I'm surprised the tacos didn't get covered in one of the videos.