Dr Nader, May 2017

wilkinte

After 15 or more years of thinking about it, and lots of time on this forum I'm taking the plunge. I'm 50, been on propecia (finesteride cut up) for about 20 years, and finally my genes have won. Time to fight back.

Interestingly enough, I got on propecia before they listed gynecomastia as a side effect, and have a nice scar and dead nipple because of that. Maybe I should be thankful it only affected one side..:mad:

And yes, with Dr. Nader. I got my appointment booked 2 days after my first email. Just like folks on the forum say, you have to be serious and communicate your seriousness. He has no time for lookie loos. I got through in early Feb and first available was 1 May. 1 patient per day is how he rolls.

His assessment is 4000 or so FUE grafts, and this will be done over two days.

Here are some before shots. Could be a zit or a dry spot in shot one. Both pre and post haircut. God, old age spots on my skull! F*ck me.

Plan is to keep it real short from here on out.

I'm two months away but excited, and I wanted to kick it off today with this post, wish me luck!

top_precut.thumb.jpg.f6b8e3c695dfe5ef1a761a6f97e687cd.jpg

front_precut.thumb.jpg.7df8227bb15ec737a1993ad9be8a79f0.jpg

top_postcut.thumb.jpg.f6fcf0d438c157092bd611f746ddbf92.jpg

front_postcut.thumb.jpg.a9c500c559edd01438d3e6f2132a865f.jpg

I just used info@nadermedical.com ( on website).

Key thing is in the subject line I communicated I was ready to go, and included pictures for the Dr's assessment.

I was then successful getting through on the phone to make sure the receptionist knew I was ready to go. I used Skype, and didn't ask a bunch of questions, etc.

I might have gotten lucky, but I think my attitude of "I did my research, picked you guys, now get me on the schedule" worked. And keep in mind earliest available was 3 months out.

The next day after the call I received a document with pricing, appointment confirmation and what the Dr recommended. Easy Peasy.

I will not post prices on the forum but as everyone else has noted he is quite reasonable.

good luck with your procedure, every result posted here by that doc has been good work so I think you'll be in good hands.

Feel free to share the prices tho there is no rule against as all the docs have their prices noted somewhere so there's nothing wrong with it and it may help another potential baldie find his doc down the line.

Hey "Wilkinte", your hair loss is very similar to mine when I had my surgery at age 50. I'm sure Dr. Nader will do a great job. Keep us informed on this website but if you want to see how mine turned out, check out my before/afters on MyFUEhairtransplant.com. I also explain exactly what to expect every day after surgery for the first 30 days and and then weekly updates. Go to my archives on the site to September 2012. Best of luck and happy growing. You will be very pleased 4-5 months after surgery.

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

The only reason I had some pain issues is because I did NOT follow the doctors orders to take the pain meds. I thought I was a tough-guy and didn't need them. I did struggle one night for a couple hours but started taking the meds after that and had no problems. You must stay ahead of the pain and take as directed.

After my second surgery in 2015, I took the pain meds as prescribed and had no pain at all. I weened off the prescription and onto Ibuprofen after a few days.

Best of luck to you. Just remember to follow doctors orders on your prescription.

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

• 2 months later...
Leave tomorrow for Texas and the chauffeured rides across the border. I'll update with pics and my thoughts.

I'd wish you luck but with Dr Nader you won't need it. By all means definitely order the legendary tacos.

First things first, what an amazing experience. Dr. Nader and his girls are pros, and the level of care I experienced was unmatched. Day One was Wed May 2nd.

He puts you up in the border town of McAllen TX (hotel is paid for) and his driver carries you back and forth. About 20 minutes each way, and for us the border was no issue.

For greater than 2000 grafts you are with him for two days, for me he did the front day one and crown day two.

We started with chatting for about an hour or two about my hair loss, expectations, his experience, etc. I didn't know he's been in practice for 17 years and his staff members are all in the 7-10 year range working with him. They are really a team and it's all hands on deck with the patient from 8 till 5.

Interestingly enough, the front design took a while. Based on measurements and a laser tool he has my front had a distinct slant that was unappealing. You can see the smearing as he wiped off the marker and we kept experimenting until it looked right. That's where I appreciated his experience and his level of care. His hands turned purple as we kept dinking with it. And to honor forum member widows peak, I asked him to give me a subtle widows peak!:)

Both days were the same, extraction in the AM, lunch, then implantation. He has speakers for your phone to play your music for the extraction, but as everyone says laying on your side/ stomach for extraction for 2-3 hours is a challenge.

The implantation is easier, you're sitting while they work behind you and he has a big screen with a large movie collection.

I went back to the hotel with a surgical cap on, he advised sleeping would be tricky and he was right. I'm a side sleeper, so I brought an airplane neck pillow and elevated myself. My smart watch logged one hour of sleep :( Adrenaline, excitement, fear of tearing out the front in a sleep induced scratching session all contributed to the disaster.

Second and final day next...

design0.thumb.jpg.d00dff8a1d6347c93edd42f056425cb0.jpg

design1.thumb.jpg.19794427270fa52b8af010642c4cbbdd.jpg

donor.thumb.jpg.3f4b6cd5e03b83944bc4f10eaebb3485.jpg

5b32f36c27d42_dayoneend.thumb.jpg.556df2af5567657289790d5ed64fb1af.jpg

Nice, can't wait til you start seeing results .. I have my appointment in 3 months :)

Day 2 went well. I had a fish dish for lunch that was nearly gourmet, and of course the tacos for day one.

The only discomfort I experienced was in the donor area, the dried blood on the gauze felt scratchy and sore, and I removed it with warm water the morning of day 3 (Friday).

Slept a little better that night, but still a little anxious and unsettled.

After finishing up the crown and a detailed chat about aftercare he loaded me up with my meds and a spray bottle of saline solution and we said adios. He provides you an after care cell number to contact him directly, and he reached out for pics on the morning of day 3 (before his Friday patient arrived). A doctor texting you, can you imagine?

We finished at 5 ish day 2 and I had one more night in McAllen, departing in the morning. It was nice having the clinic pick up the hotel for 3 nights, versus trying to save a buck.

So Friday morning I put on the ball cap he sanitized for me and it was off for home.

It'll be interesting seeing how my recovery goes, my first wash is today. He wants to see the scabs gone in a week, and he encouraged me to not be afraid to rub the shampoo (within reason of course).

And this was a good tip, I see lots of posters sweating seeing hairs on the scabs as they come off. Dr Nader said that if you actually pull a graft out you'll know by the blood running down your face.

Another good tip from him from the beginning was to wear button down shirts. That was gold I can't imagine peeling a t shirt/polo shirt over my head days 1-3.

5b32f36c3c48a_endfront.thumb.jpg.83be5ab5258a7de0a36311f748b88239.jpg

end_side.thumb.jpg.7c76df8954bd3159a4f7618b8bf8cb61.jpg

grafts.thumb.jpg.0a21b5c1b2d3652cc3e292044b62e793.jpg

front.thumb.jpg.c9c14ca54a6cf3916be21330b908cd18.jpg

congrats on your procedure, I had 2 FUE procedures spaced out a year apart to do the frontal restoration and then the midscalp to crown - must be nice to get it out of the way in one procedure albeit over 2 days! work looks good and I really like the attention to the hairline design. best wishes healing and post updates of your progress when you see fit!

congrats on getting the surgery done Wilkinte!

did he give you any idea as to what kind of density you should hope for and how many grafts you'd have remaining?

Thanks, he estimated my total donor area at 7-8K, and used about 1/2 of that. His original estimate was 4K and he ended up using 3300.

And no, we really didn't talk specifics about density. I described how I wanted it to look and I relied upon his experience and artistry to make it happen.

congrats on your procedure, I had 2 FUE procedures spaced out a year apart to do the frontal restoration and then the midscalp to crown - must be nice to get it out of the way in one procedure albeit over 2 days! work looks good and I really like the attention to the hairline design. best wishes healing and post updates of your progress when you see fit!

Thanks much, and I will be providing updates!

Thanks, he estimated my total donor area at 7-8K, and used about 1/2 of that. His original estimate was 4K and he ended up using 3300.

And no, we really didn't talk specifics about density. I described how I wanted it to look and I relied upon his experience and artistry to make it happen.

awesome so you got a nice bit in the bank yet. Given the area needing to be covered I would have guessed at least 4k grafts so when I saw the count I wondered if it was lack of available donor but sounds like he think he's got enough grafts to get the job done with what he used. That's an ideal situation. Happy growing!

I love reading the stories about him and it reassures me that he's the doctor I want to go to. I emailed him, and the next day Brenda replied with prices. I asked questions, and I didn't receive a reply. Now I have other expenses, so I guess everything happens for a reason. I would love to get this done ASAP though.

Looks like he did a very good job! :) I'm excited for you!

I'm 4 months out from my 2nd Nader Fue of 1800 grafts and it's going just as smoothly as the first 2000 graft operation i had. Redness faded and I'd say about 30-40% of my grafts have grown out. It looks great. If you've went to Nader you're in good hands.

About a week down, and everything has been smooth.

One thing that happened was pain in the donor area starting about Day 5 (after my med regime had been finished from the procedure) and continuing to today. Doc advised me to hit it with Ibuprofen/aspirin and I've been doing that, two Ibuprofen pills every 4-6 hours.

This has been low grade pain, maybe 3 on a scale of 10, kind of comes and goes. This has been described by others on forums as being the nerves coming back to life after the violence of 3300 holes being poked.

And I've started to get a little more aggressive with the shampoo (but not articulating the scalp, just finger tip rubbing). Dr. Nader likes to see the scabs gone by day 10 or so, I think I'm on track. Also using pure Aloe gel on recipient area too to help.

Dr Nader keeps in touch via texting, and he is happy with the results so far.

I'm red, but not violently so. Looking forward to giving you guys the two week update next Friday.

5b32f38a3f836_day8front.thumb.jpg.b9c6e15db9d2ddefb39215b4980adac3.jpg

5b32f38a6344e_day7top.thumb.jpg.7973ec17d402ad7bec7c1a9e465c0167.jpg

Nice looks very good !

looking good so far, keep the updates coming. We've seen some good works from this doc but every experience helps and yours includes crown which if im remembering correctly has only been shown in small part once so it'd be nice to see how he can do on the crown.

looking good so far, keep the updates coming. We've seen some good works from this doc but every experience helps and yours includes crown which if im remembering correctly has only been shown in small part once so it'd be nice to see how he can do on the crown.

Will do, I was all about the swirl! His story is his incision angles and placement make it work, proof will be in the pudding

crown.thumb.jpg.8f818d4e11ea3921f28dfb436ac19fa6.jpg