Fue recipient area

Hi,

I'm now 15 days post fue to the front of my head where I received 1600 grafts. I still have significant discolouring to the recipient area. I would describe it more purple than red and it has only improved slightly, if at all.

Is this common and could anyone suggest what I could do to improve this?

Thanks

Please contact your surgeon about this, purple as in bruising is not normal.

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

Hi,

I'm now 15 days post fue to the front of my head where I received 1600 grafts. I still have significant discolouring to the recipient area. I would describe it more purple than red and it has only improved slightly, if at all.

Is this common and could anyone suggest what I could do to improve this?

Thanks

Hello stuboy,

First thing to do is contact your doctor about it. Send him or her pictures of this discoloring. Let me know your progress. Think positive and good luck.

Do you have any high resolution photos that you could put up? If you can, please be sure thy are taken in good lighting.

Is there any swelling to the area? My guess without seeing the area is that it is related to inflammation and especially being so soon after the procedure.

Some guys experience more of a redness to the area and it's again related to inflammation from the high number of recipient incisions.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Hi.

It's difficult to get a photo showing the colour. In certain lights it certainly looks purple but potentially the hair around it may be making it look darker than it is. From a positive the colour is fading in some parts. I have also had almost no scabbing- is this a good thing?

Thanks

Have you reached out to your doctor with your concerns? That's always going to be your best bet, especially without the photos for anyone here to look at. And if it's really purple, you definitely want to be in touch with them.

No scabs isn't necessarily a good or bad thing. The cleaner you keep your scalp, the less likelihood you have of developing scabs, so that's good. But the presence of scabs wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing either - you just would want to make sure the scabs don't cause dislodging of the grafts in the early stages.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56