Rogaine only on vertex??

Hey fellas I picked a 3 month supply of rogiane liquid but I'm a little confused. I saw the box and it had a picture of the vertex saying this is the only area it would work at. I didn't know that. I just kept reading and seeing minoxidil on this forum and that a vast majority are using it. For those of you that are using it do I only put it on the vertex or do you use it on the scalp and receding line. Thanks

Wow thanks for that info I will put it in my front scalp and my receding line. Only one thing since it says use a certain amount the the dropper do I use that and just try to spread it on all the areas including the line or would I use a little extra.

The dose provided with the dropper is specifically for the vertex for use as directed (twice a day)

Application anyplace else is off label

Increasing dosage may increase side effects as well

not discouraging use just be aware

Thanks. So once I apply on my vertex according to the box what would be my approach to my front scalp and receding line?

- Fill the droplet again to 1 and apply half on my line and the other half on my front scalp?

Thank you

well i use on my entire head

liquid on back

foam on front (the liquid causes me flaking)

the foam can double as a styling product (liquid is greasy)

(i find it serves as a thickening agent, must dry first then brush or comb out)

as for amount to use, minoxidil only works on the skin where it touches, so....

when i apply the foam to the frontal third and sides of my scalp i apply the nozzle directly to the scalp and depress the applicator very slowly and it drag along so i do not waste a hand full of foam that will mostly get onto my hair.

ya gotta play it a bit see what works best for you

but from the looks of your pic, with a year on fin and 2x a day minoxidil looks like you can get a full head by year' end

well i use on my entire head

liquid on back

foam on front (the liquid causes me flaking)

the foam can double as a styling product (liquid is greasy)

(i find it serves as a thickening agent, must dry first then brush or comb out)

as for amount to use, minoxidil only works on the skin where it touches, so....

when i apply the foam to the frontal third and sides of my scalp i apply the nozzle directly to the scalp and depress the applicator very slowly and it drag along so i do not waste a hand full of foam that will mostly get onto my hair.

ya gotta play it a bit see what works best for you

but from the looks of your pic, with a year on fin and 2x a day minoxidil looks like you can get a full head by year' end

thanks for the info helps me really get an idea how your using it and thank you for the confidence im more excited and ready to commit my myself. Much appreciated. So your using the liquid 2x a day on the vertex and the foam 2x a day in the front or using the liquid 2x day for vertex and foam once for front? Would I directly place the foam on my receding line even if theres no hair there? Heres a picture of me on the side and from the top.

thank you

5b32f1e618a77_Photoon2013-05-10at11_303.jpg.72c83a4e9b64c08e15605dfc876772c5.jpg

5b32f1e6274de_Photoon2013-05-10at11_275.jpg.896031460df8d6a0c317fb0a030c248a.jpg

I use the recommended amount on the vertex and just few drops on my hairline. Thanks to a hair transplant, there isn't much area to cover on my hairline.

I used to use more minox and covered the entire top of my head with it. It was too much and started to screw up the skin on my face. I cut down and side effects went away fast.

Edited by dagwood

From my experience minox alone didn't do much for my hairline(5/6years). But minox + fin helped preserve and regrew some thin vellus hairs all the way down to my original hairline(about 8 months).

It looks like the center of your hairline has a patch unaffected by hairloss but the coners of your hairline are thinning out and behind that patch is thinning out too. You should apply minox there. Just keep an eye on the skin on your face

thank you for the input. here is a pic I just took with no hair gel. I think it gives a better idea of my hairloss. I it still possible to grow all my hair back?

So I could use the recommend dosage for my vertex with the liquid 2x day and the foam 2x a day. Would that be too much?

oMnUWgERKcfACpSeaUNUzbae4SQjMRp9Wp9xkq7CyLU.jpg.36b52e8001e1c412d8a91dca9bba413b.jpg

You have a similar balding pattern to me except my entire top was thinner and my hairline was receded back far in a "V" shape. I had that good patch of hair in the front center like you, but everything around it was thinning out. I had a HT to fix up my hairline a little but the treatment really thickened up everything else.

So I could use the recommend dosage for my vertex with the liquid 2x day and the foam 2x a day. Would that be too much?

you are thinking a full dose for the vertex and another full dose for the front???

sounds like a lot . From my experience maybe a full dose is good for the vertex and go lighter on the front.

thank you for the input. here is a pic I just took with no hair gel. I think it gives a better idea of my hairloss. I it still possible to grow all my hair back?

Hi. Are you taking minoxidil with anything else?

My opinions are my own. I am one representative of MyWHTC Clinic's European branch.

Consultation Dates & Cities for Dr. Patrick Mwamba

London, United Kingdom - Available (Sat.)

Zurich, Switzerland - Available (Saturday)

Bologna, Italy - Available (Saturday)

Brussles, Belgium - Available (Sun.-Sat.) *No Fee*

Dr. Patrick Mwamba is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I actually just started yesterday. I bought the liquid yesterday and today will go buy the tm foam. I'm thinking probably use foam in the morning and liquid at night. As far as shampoo goes was thinking of buying lipogaine the big 3. Finisteride not sure where to get it at.

I actually just started yesterday. I bought the liquid yesterday and today will go buy the tm foam. I'm thinking probably use foam in the morning and liquid at night. As far as shampoo goes was thinking of buying lipogaine the big 3. Finisteride not sure where to get it at.

It's a start, but you may not see much growth if you don't add supplements (e.g. vitamin b) to your regimen. You might need a prescription depending on your location.

My opinions are my own. I am one representative of MyWHTC Clinic's European branch.

Consultation Dates & Cities for Dr. Patrick Mwamba

London, United Kingdom - Available (Sat.)

Zurich, Switzerland - Available (Saturday)

Bologna, Italy - Available (Saturday)

Brussles, Belgium - Available (Sun.-Sat.) *No Fee*

Dr. Patrick Mwamba is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians