Your favorite shampoo?

Hey guys I've been reading a lot about how to start my medications and I think I'm learning a lot only thing is I'm missing a good shampoo and conditioner to start with. Just wanted to get some feedback on which shampoos are most popular for thinning.

- Is conditioner an important part for thinning?

Thank you.

It really depends. Some conditioners will just weigh your hair down and may make it look even thinner than it already is. And while no standard shampoo will actually stop your hair loss, there are some that will give the hair more volume, make it healthier, shinier, etc.

I've always had a sensitive scalp, so I've tried pretty much everything over the years trying to find something that worked for me. Crew products are pretty good, but I'm allergic to them. Same with Aveda. A couple years ago I started using Ovation (after being inundated with their ads on Sirius radio and finally fell for it) and was actually surprised. It's one of the few shampoos I've been able to use that actually helps my scalp.

So start with finding some volumizing shampoos and giving them a go. Some salons may even be able to give you samples so you can try different ones until you find one you like. Ultimately though, it's gonna be trial and error to see what you respond best to.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

I use the Equate Selenium Sulfide shampoo. It's a good antifungal and makes my hair feel good too.

Hello KO and pkipling,

Neutrogena is good. I use it sometimes to remove the oils and sweat buildup. But at times it leaves my hair too dry. On others may take on the opposite effect.

• 3 months later...

My favourite shampoo is ArganLife I have been using this hair loss shampoo on natural Argan Oil from Morrocco/ingredients.

I notice notice tiny hairs sprouting out from my scalp. It stops the root cause of hair loss and helps grow strong,healthy hair. I am very pleased with the results.

On Amazon UK, the first page of searches for Argan Oil shows many products all with over 4 star + reviews. Even if taking Amazon reviews with a pinch of salt, there does seem an awfully lot of people who highly recommend Argan Oil products.

Regaine Minoxidil only gets 3.5 stars. I suppose there's no harm in trying it for the price it is, it may be the shampoo for you.

HLS2015,

Thanks for your due diligence in trying to protect this community from scammers and spammers. In this case however, it does seem possible that this poster is just a genuine enthusiast of this particular shampoo. For instance, there are no promotional links to websites, contact information, etc. That said, I too am naturally skeptical when someone references a product that I am unfamiliar with.

Olgiarganlife,

Thanks for sharing your opinion about this product. I understand your frustration in someone automatically assuming you are a spammer. But please understand that the hair loss industry is riddled with promotional propaganda and products that promise to restore a full head of hair with absolutely no proof of ever being able to do so.

If you believe you've stumbled onto a product that's helping you with your hair loss, I encourage you to share your detailed experience with it including photos that document your progress. For example, if you've been noticing "tiny hairs sprouting from the scalp" as you put it, I encourage you to start taking clear and detailed photos and then sharing monthly progress pictures with our community each month. Then we can all see together whether or not this shampoo is truly helping to thicken or even regrow your lost hair.

Best wishes,

Bill

• 3 weeks later...
Guest aubreymarilyn

My hair is very sensitive, I'm suitable with natural or shampoo with oil. The other commercial shampoos are not suitable for me.

• 3 months later...

Hello everyone, i would like to share my experience in my search for the best shampoo for hair loss. I have turned the net upside down to look for shampoo that would help me with my hair loss as i am reluctant of taking medications. What i found is the site haircolortrends.org. I have tried the shampoo they offer and i really see results. Hair fall reduced and it really strengthened my hairs.

Edited by Admin
Promotional link removed

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
On 2/16/2017 at 10:19 PM, Jonnyhairy said:

I used to like Lipogaine best hair toners. But it changed the formula. I am not sure if I will continue with it.

I've always had a sensitive scalp, so I've tried pretty much everything over the years trying to find something that worked for me. Crew products are pretty good, but I'm allergic to them. Same with Aveda. A couple years ago I started using Ovation (after being inundated with their ads on Sirius radio and finally fell for it) and was actually surprised. It's one of the few shampoos I've been able to use that actually helps my scalp.

Edited by StormFiber

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I have always had great success with Dove, OGX, Aussie, and Herbal Essences shampoos and conditioners. Not sure if all these have both sulfates and silicones but at some point I swore by each of these brands as the reason why my long wavy hair was so soft and shiny.