Rogaine foam vs liquid

Hey guys was gonna plan a trip to Costco and purchase a couple months supply of rogaine the Kirkland brand. Still was a little confused at what was the best option as far as the liquid goes and foam goes. Which is the more popular and effective solution. Thanks guys

• Administrators

In my experience Liquid Lipogaine has been the most effective followed by Perfect Hair, I tried Rogaine foam for years but I don't feel it absorbed as good and therefore wasn't as effective.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

In my experience Liquid Lipogaine has been the most effective followed by Perfect Hair, I tried Rogaine foam for years but I don't feel it absorbed as good and therefore wasn't as effective.

Hello HTsoon,

What the area of your scalp did you experience the most benefit from in using Lipoaine?

Hi thank you for the response really appreciate it. So I guess I try the rogaine liquid and see how it works out. Is the lipogain another brand with the same ingredient Minoxidil? Thanks

If you ask me these are brands with basically the same chemical formula. Just try it to see.

• Administrators
Hi thank you for the response really appreciate it. So I guess I try the rogaine liquid and see how it works out. Is the lipogain another brand with the same ingredient Minoxidil? Thanks

Lipogaine contains minoxidil, however it also contains saw palmetto, beta sitosterol,

Castor oil, biotin, Argan Oil, emu oil, Gamma Linoleic acid (GLA) and retinol.

So if you research in to those ingredients you'll see most of those are natural 5 alpha reductase inhibitors, meaning they stop the conversion of DHT which caused MPB. The retinol studies have shown to increase the absorption of minoxidil, so instead of using it twice a day you can use it once a day for the same effect. Hope this info helps.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Lipogaine probably has a few more "active ingredients" compared to the traditional minoxidil products that are formulated for treating generic hair loss.

A very high percent of minoxidil products add alcohol based derivatives which are supposed to effectively deliver the active ingredient minoxidil through the scalp.

Some individuals have a more acute reaction to the alcohol based additives and experience drying and flaking of their scalp.

I also felt that the liquid form of minoxidil was more efficient for me than the foam and also much cheaper in cost.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Both are fine. Liquid is supposed to penetrate the scalp better, but some people (like me) have an adverse reaction to the solvent used. But that might not be your experience. The foam is easier to use and dries faster. While the liquid takes over an hour to dry, and is good for putting on at night. Just try both and see what you like.