Did your FUE transplant accelerate your hair loss in other regions?

HT surgery whether FUE or FUHT can increase the progression of MPB in a fair number of men, especially younger men.

This in part is why HT surgery is something that should not be rushed into and if there are other medicinal alternatives, try them first.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

The answer in my case is no. With my first FUE 6 years ago. I guess the answer to this is very individual and depends totally on your loss pattern and how aggressive your MPB is. My loss was isolated with high lateral humps and strong donor with only frontal third and small crown area to address.

I tried finasteride years ago. Noticed sides and did not want to be any medication long term. Minoxidil was a waste of time for me and just irritated my scalp.

My opinion is meds are not a prerequisite to HT surgery but it completely depends on your loss pattern. Either way your loss needs to be established and stabilised going in to HT surgery.

It could certainly accelerate loss where hair is implanted into existing thinning areas. Generally not in the untouched areas, however, i feel as though the numbing up of these areas and overall scalp trauma could cause an increase in loss. All very specific to the individual.

The passage of time could simply be another reason since you get hair back in one region and by the time it is grown in the other areas have simply succumbed to more MPB.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

Personally it was libido sides. Reduced watery semen.. Lack of morning wood.. As soon as i noticed that i ditched it. Taking that kind of medication for life with possibly libido risks was never something i was going to sign up too. Would rather buzz it down short and get a FUE to frame face.

Finasteride was a waste of time for me anyway i felt. My loss pattern had pretty much established. The rest of my hair was and still is robust and I'm nearly 40..

You need to weigh it all up to your individual situation. I don't concur that everyone needs to be on meds getting a HT. However those that are younger and still have a lot of hair when getting a HT i can see how it makes sense to them.

Thank you for your insight, much appreciated. Seeing as how I am young and have alot of hair remaining to lose, it would make sense to get on meds. However the potential effects of finasteride (although unlikely) are still not worth it for me, i'd rather be bald and shave my head. I'm still too young for a hair transplant, maybe there will be less risky meds in the future, potentially taking topical finasteride but I'm still very skeptical on even that.

I've had 2 FUE surgeries (4000 grafts) and I'm not on meds. I didn't have shockloss and it hasn't affected my hair in a negative way.

Hi aWidowsPeek,

It is good you did not experience shock loss. I saw your before and after photos. The temple areas appear well. Was wondering if you thought of getting another transplant to add density in the front and middle part of your scalp. Reason I ask is because I notice guys who have had FUE transplants that resulted in very sparse and thin areas in the front and middle. It would be interesting to know if one can get thinning areas covered. I want to make sure that if I get a transplant that I am able to follow up with another in the same area with little risk to existing hair.

Hope to speak with you soon. Good luck!

Edited by milo12

Hsrp it's obvious we are dealing with someone who has issues far beyond hair loss, the best way to deal with this is to ignore it, the more we respond the more it keeps coming back, if you don't entertain the ridiculous questions and backhanded passive aggressive comments, then it'll go away eventually, spread the word.

Agreed with Htsoon.

I'll say no more on it. It's there for all to see.

Edited by hsrp10

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

• Administrators

Hsrp it's obvious we are dealing with someone who has issues far beyond hair loss, the best way to deal with this is to ignore it, the more we respond the more it keeps coming back, if you don't entertain the ridiculous questions and backhanded passive aggressive comments, then it'll go away eventually, spread the word.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Hello HTsoon,

I got to disagree with you. Jroze posed a good question about FUE. I do not see anything wrong with it nor does he exude issues beyond hairloss. No offense but if you are not satisfied with his thread you should not comment on it. Just remember he is suffering from the same issue you face with hairloss. Everyone here is in the same boat.

The best thing to do? Support everyone regardless of their situation. Again we are in the same boat. No one here is better than anyone else regardless of skin color, ethnicity or type of questions asked. So let us help one another in positive spirit. Hope this helps.

Good luck!

Hello HTsoon,

I got to disagree with you. Jroze posed a good question about FUE. I do not see anything wrong with it nor does he exude issues beyond hairloss. No offense but if you are not satisfied with his thread you should not comment on it. Just remember he is suffering from the same issue you face with hairloss. Everyone here is in the same boat.

The best thing to do? Support everyone regardless of their situation. Again we are in the same boat. No one here is better than anyone else regardless of skin color, ethnicity or type of questions asked. So let us help one another in positive spirit. Hope this helps.

Good luck!

Milo, a word of advice. It is extremely insensitive when you keep on asking posters if they plan to add grafts to areas that lack density, especially seeing you have been bringing it up to posters who haven't even been asking for options on the matter. I agree that it's appropriate to mention it when someone specifically asks for that feedback, but you keep bringing it up to posters like David and me who are both perfectly happy with our results. Quite frankly, I didn't even ask you for your opinion on mine. The reality is that very few HT candidates have enough lifetime donor supply to achieve this perfect full density you are chasing, especially the higher NWs. I have to accept that my crown will always be see through. Sure, you have HTsoon who is an incredible success story, but he is the exception rather than the norm for a higher NW being able to get the coverage and density he got/is getting.

Milo, a word of advice. It is extremely insensitive when you keep on asking posters if they plan to add grafts to areas that lack density, especially seeing you have been bringing it up to posters who haven't even been asking for options on the matter. I agree that it's appropriate to mention it when someone specifically asks for that feedback, but you keep bringing it up to posters like David and me who are both perfectly happy with our results. Quite frankly, I didn't even ask you for your opinion on mine. The reality is that very few HT candidates have enough lifetime donor supply to achieve this perfect full density you are chasing, especially the higher NWs. I have to accept that my crown will always be see through. Sure, you have HTsoon who is an incredible success story, but he is the exception rather than the norm for a higher NW being able to get the coverage and density he got/is getting.

Mav is 100% right and I wrote a similar lengthy post on how this POS just continues to piss off veteran HRN users and pretends we don't know who he is under his new alias.

Yeah right, we're all fooled...

I edited my original post in an effort to ignore everything going on so this POS would just go away.

And what did he do? He went ahead and tried to spin HTsoon's post to make it seem like HTsoon was making a negative statement towards the OP, just unbelievable ridiculous shit.

Honestly we've been too nice to this individual and he's created enough negative karma towards himself his day is bound to come.

I don't know any other forum that would let someone shit all over place and the veteran members time and time again.

Enough is enough.

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

Hello mav23100gunther,

Excuse my unaware lack of sensitivity. Truthfully I did not realize I was making others uncomfortable with the same question. My intention was to find out the possibility of adding more density to a previous transplant that failed to achieve an expected, dense enough result, that is all. This is why I posed the same question to various people to ascertain what direction they were headed in their quest for more density. Currently I want to reach excellent results while seeking opinions on options that may add more density in the future in case a transplant may not provide adequate density. Hope you understand my dilemma. Hair loss is far more damaging than one imagines.

Thank you for bringing this out into the light for me. In the future I will try to modify or “censor” my questions before asking them. Appreciate your presence on this forum. You have helped me move towards my goals. For that I personally thank you. Have a great week!

• Administrators
Hello HTsoon,

Good luck!

Milo my comment was directed towards you, you have been disruptive, you have been passive aggressive, you have mentioned you are in your 50's yet your profile says 1980 which would make you 36/37, you have been caught in multiple lies. Frankly, I don't find your behavior acceptable, this will be the last time I address you or any of your questions and I hope my fellow HRN members do the same, every time you disrupt a thread with one of your own questions I will report you.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Hello mav23100gunther,

Excuse my unaware lack of sensitivity. Truthfully I did not realize I was making others uncomfortable with the same question. My intention was to find out the possibility of adding more density to a previous transplant that failed to achieve an expected, dense enough result, that is all. This is why I posed the same question to various people to ascertain what direction they were headed in their quest for more density.

There, you are doing it again. You say a transplant that failed to achieve an expected, dense enough result. That's insulting to someone who had a procedure that met expectations, and the expectations were kept in check that a dense result is not possible for many. Transplants create an illusion of density, not the super thick density of teenagers. A higher NW with an average donor is unlikely to ever have enough grafts to achieve that 100 grafts per cm density you are chasing. I have personally used about 4,500 total grafts on just my frontal third to restore my hairline and temples. I am over the moon and never expected perfect density in my misdscalp and crown, because that wasn't the goal, and I refuse to use all my remaining lifetime grafts now trying to chase that. It's insane and unrealistic. Yet you go and say it's a procedure that failed to achieve an expected dense enough result - what the hell are you talking about??? I look 10 years younger and have an age appropriate hairline that frames my face. On contrary, my transplants changed my life and surpassed all my expectations. In addition, I still have a couple of thousand grafts in the bank to chase further hair loss in the future. Same with David, his results look great, and we have no idea how many grafts he has left - yet you go and insult his procedure by saying it's not dense enough? Are you out of your mind? In addition, you really want to go get 100 grafts per cm placed into existing hair in your midscalp and crown? That's absolutely insane.

I'm sorry, but it is extremely disappointing that Bill and David continue to let you roam free on this forum hijacking threads; asking a million questions to help yourself only, yet you refuse to upload any pics; and then you go around insulting veteran posters by pointing out results that lack in perfect density and calling them trolls. We all know who you really are. I am all for giving you another chance even though your previous behavior as Taurus was utterly disgusting. Even with you biting your tongue and trying to be nice, you somehow find a way to piss people off. Either you need to go, or just own up to who you really are, apologize for your past behavior, be tollerent and respectful to other posters, and post some fresh pics. I don't see why the moderators wouldn't give you a second chance, and that way, the community can actually try to help you, including myself.

Edited by mav23100gunther

Milo my comment was directed towards you, you have been disruptive, you have been passive aggressive, you have mentioned you are in your 50's yet your profile says 1980 which would make you 36/37, you have been caught in multiple lies. Frankly, I don't find your behavior acceptable, this will be the last time I address you or any of your questions and I hope my fellow HRN members do the same, every time you disrupt a thread with one of your own questions I will report you.

I really do not know what you are talking about or where your anger is coming from. You got me completely in the dark! How I manage info on my profile is my privacy concern in which case I do not have to answer to you or anyone for it. Be concerned with your own life not anyone else's. Why would anyone waste their time to lie about hair transplants?? What a ridiculous statement! Report all you want. But you will have no grounds to since I have done nothing wrong to anyone.

It is one thing to safely insult others online but quite another when asked to explain yourself. Do NOT come on any of my threads or respond to me. If you do I will be reporting you for disruptive trolling.

People like you who are this negative will not have their hair last long.

Edited by milo12

I really do not know what you are talking about or where your anger is coming from. You got me completely in the dark! How I manage info on my profile is my privacy concern in which case I do not have to answer to you or anyone for it. Be concerned with your own life not anyone else's. Why would anyone waste their time to lie about hair transplants?? What a ridiculous statement! Report all you want. But you will have no grounds to since I have done nothing wrong to anyone and you know it.

It is one thing to safely insult others online but quite another when they fail to in person off-line. Do NOT come on any of my threads or respond to me. If you do I will be reporting you for disruptive trolling.

You are the most negative person I have seen on this forum. People like you who are this negative will not have their hair last long.

Milo12 or whoever your real alias is, in nearly seven years as an active member on this forum you are by far the most disruptive, disrespectful, abusive and combative member I have ever seen.

Your self-centered thread hijacking pursuits, argumentative nature, constant degrading density comments to veteran HT members and most recent attack on HTsoon who is one of the most helpful and respected members on this forum are NOT welcome.

Find another forum to hang out on and disrupt, none of us want you around. This is the most respected hair restoration site on the internet and we've worked very hard to keep it this way.

I am reporting you to the senior owners of this forum.

go dense or go home

It is one thing to safely insult others online but quite another when they fail to in person off-line

Are you threatening HTsoon btw? Sure sounds like it.

If you're anything like your other alias Taurisrisen I have no doubt you had better think twice about that.

Edited by hsrp10

go dense or go home

There, you are doing it again. You say a transplant that failed to achieve an expected, dense enough result. That's insulting to someone who had a procedure that met expectations, and the expectations were kept in check that a dense result is not possible for many. Transplants create an illusion of density, not the super thick density of teenagers. A higher NW with an average donor is unlikely to ever have enough grafts to achieve that 100 grafts per cm density you are chasing. I have personally used about 4,500 total grafts on just my frontal third to restore my hairline and temples. I am over the moon and never expected perfect density in my misdscalp and crown, because that wasn't the goal, and I refuse to use all my remaining lifetime grafts now trying to chase that. It's insane and unrealistic. Yet you go and say it's a procedure that failed to achieve an expected dense enough result - what the hell are you talking about??? I look 10 years younger and have an age appropriate hairline that frames my face. On contrary, my transplants changed my life and surpassed all my expectations. In addition, I still have a couple of thousand grafts in the bank to chase further hair loss in the future. Same with David, his results look great, and we have no idea how many grafts he has left - yet you go and insult his procedure by saying it's not dense enough? Are you out of your mind? In addition, you really want to go get 100 grafts per cm placed into existing hair in your midscalp and crown? That's absolutely insane.

Hello mav23100gunther,

No, no, you got it wrong. When I said “a transplant that failed to achieve an expected, dense enough result” I did not mean that towards any person to whom I asked. It was said in general as a way to help you understand the POSSIBILITY of less density from an initial transplant and what may be options for that. Note that I said the ‘posibility.’ It was not meant to offend anyone in any way if you thought that. I truly respect everyone here (except the trolls) because as I said we are all in the same boat and need to help each other. No one here is better than anyone be it by race, color, sexual orientation or hair density. Be totally rest assured that I am here to help others when I can and get help being respectful of others.

You said “Transplants create an illusion of density, not the super thick density of teenagers.” Sadly I come now to realize this truth and what I thought possible with transplants. When I read about doctors who claim to transplant 100 grafts per cm it gives me hope that I may achieve that same teen density. But that is not reality. Doctors like to paint a surreal picture and market you the moon. I really thought it was possible to create teen density. This is why I ask questions to get as much feedback to help me in my quest. That is how concerned I am about my hair. I know you can fully understand.

mav23100gunther you have helped me a lot. I hope this misunderstanding was just that, a misunderstanding, and that I was able to explain myself with respect to you and others as clearly as I could without any misinterpretation. Sometimes it is hard to express yourself in a way to make others understand what you are trying to say. Sometimes we cannot find the right words we want to convey perfectly. I get stuck with that sometimes I admit.

I thank you for your continued support and help. Reach out to me for anything. Good luck my friend!

,,,,,,,,,,,,,Edit.......

mav23100gunther,, I forgot to mention that armani responded to my questions via email. Do take a look. Thank you.

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/showthread.php?p=2496276&posted=1#post2496276

Edited by milo12

I forgot to mention that armani responded to my questions via email. Do take a look. Thank you.

Clinic claiming weird stuff! Must read! - Page 6 - Forum By and for Hair Loss Patients

Pathetic, and a bit too late.

You've already been outed, although you must be using a new IP address range according to Bill's post before.

In my eyes there is no doubt you are the same individual.

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/185982-best-ny-based-surgeons-2.html

follow his posts below. He got banned and then kept creating alias's to get back on. Some of his posts got deleted by the Moderators as they were homophobic and nasty. Bottom line is he has been wondering around this forum for years and years chasing the perfect surgeon who will give him full density, yet won't actually pull the trigger. He used to be obsessed with Rahal, but recently turned on him. Probably because Rahal turned him away. Read the posts below and compare him and his alias's to Milo. I think it's the same guy.

You will notice the following themes:

1) any procedure or surgeon that does not provide perfect density is a failure

2) anyone who disagrees with him is a troll. Milo has been more restrained, but has referenced to trolls and trolling

3) see his obsession with hair products and other natural remedies to prevent hair loss

4) he creates multiple threads asking a multitude of questions, but seems to be all over the place and nowhere close to actually committing to one surgeon and pulling the trigger

Hair Restoration Social Network ? Community for and by Hair Loss Patients - taurusrisen's Profile

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/181873-hair-loss-killing-my-holiday-spirit.html

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/182045-conflict-time-between-hair-transplant-work.html

Hair Restoration Social Network ? Community for and by Hair Loss Patients - glenalm's Profile

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/184594-top-10-docs-give-same-quality-hair-transplant-so-doesnt-matter-who-you-go.html

Edited by hsrp10

go dense or go home

@milo12 - As you are well aware, your contributions to forum discussions have raised concerns from a number of established members. While I have not personally observed any behavior that blatantly violates our Terms of Service, it's clear that your posts are causing disharmony in the community. If I continue to get complaints about your behavior, your account will be suspended.

@Everyone else - Since milo began posting on our forum we've received a handful of private messages from various users members complaining about his behavior and comparing his posts to those of taurusrisen and his various other aliases. I agree that this is likely the same member but milo's real IP address is masked so I have been unable to definitively connect him to those other accounts.

Since the first heads-up I got I've been keeping my eye on his posts for any blatant infraction of our Terms of Service. As I'm sure everyone will recall, in the past, it's been impossible for taurusrisen to curb his inappropriate behavior for long. Eventually he shows his true colors.

As long as it's free to create an account here, email addresses are unlimited and people can use proxies and VPNs to mask their online identities, it will be impossible to keep tenacious, formerly banned users from reemerging. The important thing is that they learn to conduct themselves appropriately.

Please PM me or email at service@hairtransplantnetwork.com if milo12 continues this pattern of behavior or blatantly violates our Terms of Service. It may be time for him to go.

As always, thank you for your vigilance!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

@milo12 - As you are well aware, your contributions to forum discussions have raised concerns from a number of established members. While I have not personally observed any behavior that blatantly violates our Terms of Service, it's clear that your posts are causing disharmony in the community. If I continue to get complaints about your behavior, your account will be suspended.

David,

The "disharmony" you think is caused by me is actually created by some members accusing me of being a specific person. Despite numerous attempts at respectfully assuring them I am not, they keep accusing me repeatedly which is harassment. Therefore they are the ones causing the disharmony, not me. I have been respectful with everyone even with those who insult me. My posts prove it.

Proof is in the pudding. Show me posts where you say I am causing this disharmony without anyone starting with me. I can post conversations showing my respect to these same members that insult and harass me non-stop. Not once did I insult anyone as I follow forum rules to the letter.

Many times I complained to moderators about the harassment. But my complaints have fallen on deaf ears and they continue to bother me. I do not understand why. Perhaps you can answer this. Also it is incredible that you ask others to report me yet you do not warn those to stop harassing me. Can you explain that also. I would love to hear your explanation.

I should be given the same respect as anyone as I respect everyone. I do not come here to waste my time. I come to learn and get help. If someone needs help or encouragement I do my best within my ability to help them. If I need help I post a question and work cordially with those helping me.

This witch hunt and harassment is unfair and may be unlawful. I will seek advice in this area because I feel my rights are being violated as I am constantly harassed and nothing is done about it by forum managers. I wish it did not have to come down to this. I enjoy this site. But a few members will not stop harassing despite respectfully asking them to stop. And despite respectfully asking the moderators to help me.