Was Nioxin a waste of money?

Hey guys just had a barber sell me on Nioxin cleanser 2 and the conditioner. It was so overpriced but really convinced me that it would help my hair. Is it really gonna help my hair or should I return it. If so what shampoos would be great for me. I will be starting my med regime soon for the first time.

I guess you will never know if you like it until you use it.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Hello primomusic,

Nioxin is amazing! My two friends, a male and female, use it and I have noticed much more thicker hair when I see them in the morning going to work.

Pay no mind to the trolls. Their negativity just blocks you from any means that helps you enjoy a good thick of hair.

Good luck, you will do fine!

Hey guys just had a barber sell me on Nioxin cleanser 2 and the conditioner. It was so overpriced but really convinced me that it would help my hair. Is it really gonna help my hair or should I return it. If so what shampoos would be great for me. I will be starting my med regime soon for the first time.

What did you purchase it for? For help with hair loss or as a cosmetic improvement boosting hair care product?

If the latter then you maybe will get your money's worth, but there are only three things that can restore your hair and thats Finasteride, minoxidil (carefully research these meds including the possible side effects and use only under the advice of a doctor), and hair restoration surgery.

The rest is just BS.

• Like 1

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

thank you guys for your input. I have read that nioxin does nothing. I have been using it for a week now but just feels it leaves my hair thin with that conditioner.

I really am looking for a good shampoo and conditioner that the majority of people on here use. I am going to start my Rogaine, finasteride, this week. So I am taking the necessary steps but im completely puzzled on the shampoo conditioner area.

thank you guys for your input. I have read that nioxin does nothing. I have been using it for a week now but just feels it leaves my hair thin with that conditioner.

I really am looking for a good shampoo and conditioner that the majority of people on here use. I am going to start my Rogaine, finasteride, this week. So I am taking the necessary steps but im completely puzzled on the shampoo conditioner area.

Add Nizoral to your regimen, but only use that twice a week.

I personally use Aveeda Pure Abundance Shampoo and Conditioner. It won't regrow hair or prevent hair loss, but does the trick in terms of the thickening effect. L'Oreal Vive is another shampoo posters have sworn by, but I personally pefert the Aveeda.

Edited by Stig

Hello primomusic,

Nioxin is amazing! My two friends, a male and female, use it and I have noticed much more thicker hair when I see them in the morning going to work.

Pay no mind to the trolls. Their negativity just blocks you from any means that helps you enjoy a good thick of hair.

!

This is the most ridiculous statement. Your friends just happen use it so it must be good. If it's so good, why don't you use it? Say what you want about your friends, Nioxin DOES NOT regrow hair, nor does it prevent hair loss. At best it my create a thickening effect, but there are much more effective and much cheaper hair thickening shampoo products on the market.

Please stop spreading false statements , it is disruptive to the forums and blocks posters from any means that's helps one enjoy a good thick of hair. Why did you lie about living in Hungary when in another post you all but admitted that you actually live in the US?

This is the most ridiculous statement. Your friends just happen use it so it must be good. If it's so good, why don't you use it? Say what you want about your friends, Nioxin DOES NOT regrow hair, nor does it prevent hair loss. At best it my create a thickening effect, but there are much more effective and much cheaper hair thickening shampoo products on the market.

Please stop spreading false statements , it is disruptive to the forums and blocks posters from any means that's helps one enjoy a good thick of hair. Why did you lie about living in Hungary when in another post you all but admitted that you actually live in the US?

What is the sickest part of it all is that he seems to have actually posted this about "his friends" just to disagree with you on the subject, with no intent whatsoever of helping the OP.

In close to seven years on this forum I've never seen anything like this shit and hope to god he gets his 500 grafts/cm2 procedure, the forum really doesn't need this time wasting nonsense.

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

What is the sickest part of it all is that he seems to have actually posted this about "his friends" just to disagree with you on the subject, with no intent whatsoever of helping the OP.

In close to seven years on this forum I've never seen anything like this shit and hope to god he gets his 500 grafts/cm2 procedure, the forum really doesn't need this time wasting nonsense.

Oh yeah, the "friends" part was the real kicker. At a minimum he could've claimed that he himself uses it. That may have made his claims just a little bit believable if not for this being the only time he has ever posted in a thread to actually advise the OP instead of hijacking it for his own benefit.

Who knows, maybe the Nioxin they sell in Hungary has a secret formula that actually does work.

Nioxin has little effect in terms of slowing down your hair loss or improving your situation. At best it is a nice shampoo that can create some volume. I started using the shampoo 4 (thinning hair) on it's own as my hair feels nice and it smells good.

The only shampoo on the market that might be helping with slowing down hair loss is Nizoral but should only be used 2-3 times a week and should be left on for a good soak.

Stig, thanks for the recommendation in Aveeda I will give that a try and add it to my list of Shampoos I have got through over the years.

Senior Patient Advisor for Dr Edward Ball of The Maitland Clinic.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of The Maitland Clinic.

Formerly Garageland of Hasson & Wong with 20 years of history in Hair Restoration.

Meet with myself for a free consultation and advice in London on June 21st 2018.

Nioxin has little effect in terms of slowing down your hair loss or improving your situation. At best it is a nice shampoo that can create some volume.

The only shampoo on the market that might be helping with slowing down hair loss is Nizoral but should only be used 2-3 times a week and should be left on for a good soak.

Nioxon adds volume and I consider it better than the other volumizers out in the market now.

Consider Lipogaine shampoo which has shown to be very good in regrowth for men. After some weeks I noticed impressive regrowth in my crown area.

Both Nioxin and Nizoral have been around for many years. IMHO, Nioxin is a good product for cleansing and invigorating the scalp.

Nizoral claims to have DHT blockers however to my knowledge there are no clinical studies to verify this claim.

There are plenty of people who like both products.

Gillenator

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Consider Lipogaine shampoo which has shown to be very good in regrowth for men. After some weeks I noticed impressive regrowth in my crown area.

Let's see some before and after pictures then. Forum members would greatly appreciate seeing evedience of your impressive regrowth as this is a real game changer then. You are doing a disservice to this forum by not sharing these pics with us and will blocks posters from any means that's helps one enjoy a good thick of hair. Also, did you purchase this Lipogaine shampoo in Hungary?

• Like 1

Both Nioxin and Nizoral have been around for many years. IMHO, Nioxin is a good product for cleansing and invigorating the scalp.

Nizoral claims to have DHT blockers however to my knowledge there are no clinical studies to verify this claim.

Hello gillenator,

As far as I researched into Nizoral there are sites that claim it blocks DHT. But these sites are not affiliated with the company that manufactures it. It is a coin toss I believe.

• 4 years later...
15 hours ago, AB2000 said:

Why twice a week?

I never used Nizoral but I also wonder why only twice a week...wonder what the instructions on the bottle state?

Gillenator