Help me to decide please!

Stevooo

My name is Steve and I am 30 years old. I started losing hair about 5 years ago when I was in my twenties. I tried all the medications and the alternative medicine prescribed by dermatologist, and even folk medicine I tried. My hair is still falling and I am gradually becoming bald more and more.

I have decided to go for hair transplant with this new FUE technique that everybody is talking about. But you can see from the photos I have attached to this post how big my baldness is and some have suggested 2 sessions of hair transplant procedures to be able to cover it all, so is it right?

After searching the internet I found that Turkey is the destination to be. I tried to narrow the many search results I found and I have to the conclusion of these 3 names: Dr. Serkan Aygin, Adem and Havva Medical Center and Esteworld Clinic.

So am I heading for the good ones there in Turkey? Or would someone please recommend me and share with me some information or experiences or even suggest any other hair transplant clinics or doctors in Turkey? I am planning to get married in a year and it will be great to have much hair in my head in my wedding photos! 

Thanks a lot in advance for your help.

1.thumb.jpg.5cdaa0ae26c174a8103ab636bd68e8ca.jpg

4.thumb.jpg.ec57472cbedbedc8cdca13d0bf2877a2.jpg

3.thumb.jpg.369e76a9d4c8bcc84f5e87e786665ed9.jpg

For Turkey I like Dr. Erdogan and Dr. Keser if you're heel bent on Turkey lol

Dr. Maras in Cyprus is an affordable option as well.

I have never heard of the clinics you mentioned, research it carefully and proceed with caution.

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

Thanks a lot for your reply. I will check the names you suggested.

For the names I mentioned, they are everywhere in Google ads and social media. And i read many good reviews.

I will keep searching and evaluation the results.

Again, thanks a lot.

For the names I mentioned, they are everywhere in Google ads and social media. And i read many good reviews.

Seriously be careful, Google ads linked to biased social media postings is not a smart way to search hair restoration surgeons especially a market such as Turkey which is totally unregulated.

The recommendations on this site or at least RealSelf etc are a much better starting point.

anyway good luck

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

My name is Steve and I am 30 years old. I started losing hair about 5 years ago when I was in my twenties. I tried all the medications and the alternative medicine prescribed by dermatologist, and even folk medicine I tried. My hair is still falling and I am gradually becoming bald more and more.

I have decided to go for hair transplant with this new FUE technique that everybody is talking about. But you can see from the photos I have attached to this post how big my baldness is and some have suggested 2 sessions of hair transplant procedures to be able to cover it all, so is it right?

After searching the internet I found that Turkey is the destination to be. I tried to narrow the many search results I found and I have to the conclusion of these 3 names: Dr. Serkan Aygin, Adem and Havva Medical Center and Esteworld Clinic.

So am I heading for the good ones there in Turkey? Or would someone please recommend me and share with me some information or experiences or even suggest any other hair transplant clinics or doctors in Turkey? I am planning to get married in a year and it will be great to have much hair in my head in my wedding photos! 

Thanks a lot in advance for your help.

New FUE technique?

Maybe for Turkisch clinics.

I had my hair transplant done by Prohairclinic and dr. De Reys / Sabine.

They have been performing FUE since 2004. Sorry, but I don't consider FUE to be 'new'.

Forget about Turkey, the real FUE experts are located in Belgium, period.

Hi Stevooo, Welcome to the forum. So what are your goals? I hope you're not expecting full coverage with one FUE surgery considering how extensive your hairloss is. Also, it's usually a mistake to rush into a hair transplant just to have hair for your wedding. This is usually when guys end up with regrets. I'd really do some more research (spending time on this forum reading, speaking to hair transplant doctors/patients), and take time to make an informed decision. Also, choosing a clinic based on bargain prices is not a very good idea. Best of luck!

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Are you currently on finasteride. For 30, you have very advanced loss, so I agree that your goals are very important to know.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Your donor availability is key, you have a lot of real estate to cover, as well as dark hair and fair skin which make a contrast that often exposes a lack of density, especially in harsh lighting.

You may have to have very tempered expectations if you decide to pursue a hair transplant, you'll likely need more than one to satisfy your scalp coverage needs, and you likely won't be able to apply as much density everywhere that you'd like in order to create a cosmetic full head of hair.

As asked before, are you on finasteride? It appears you are not.

Would you be willing to reestablish a hairline but leave the crown bald? That seems like a realistic option for you based on the pictures.

Hair loss patient and transplant veteran. Once a Norwood 3A.

Received 2,700 grafts with coalition doctor on 8/13/2010

Received 2,380 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 9/30/2011

Received 1,820 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 7/28/2016

Hi Stevooo, Welcome to the forum. So what are your goals? I hope you're not expecting full coverage with one FUE surgery considering how extensive your hairloss is. Also, it's usually a mistake to rush into a hair transplant just to have hair for your wedding. This is usually when guys end up with regrets. I'd really do some more research (spending time on this forum reading, speaking to hair transplant doctors/patients), and take time to make an informed decision. Also, choosing a clinic based on bargain prices is not a very good idea. Best of luck!

Thanks a lot for the advice. I totally understand that I have a big baldness area and after reading and reading many experiences, I realised I may need 2 sessions of hair transplant. My goal is to have as much natural look as possible. I started doing sessions of mesotherapy and PRP injections also.

I do appreciate your advice, thanks a lot.

Are you currently on finasteride. For 30, you have very advanced loss, so I agree that your goals are very important to know.

Hello,

I used Proscar before, but I stopped after knowing the side effects of it!! :)

I may need to use it again after the hair transplant procedure.

Thanks a lot.

Thanks a lot for the advice. I totally understand that I have a big baldness area and after reading and reading many experiences, I realised I may need 2 sessions of hair transplant. My goal is to have as much natural look as possible. I started doing sessions of mesotherapy and PRP injections also.

I do appreciate your advice, thanks a lot.

Not to discourage you, but have you tried shaving your head just to see if you like the look? Many find they like the look once they experiment with it, it's of course not a solution for all, but if it works for your specific head and face it would spare you a lot of effort and money.

Hello,

I used Proscar before, but I stopped after knowing the side effects of it!! :)

I may need to use it again after the hair transplant procedure.

Thanks a lot.

Did you experience any side effects? Because it is a very small minority of people that do, and the sexual dysfunction side effects are next to nonexistent in young patient cases, not impossible mind you but very rare. They're more likely to occur in men well into mid-life and older that have other health issues that can contribute to impotence and erectile dysfunction.

I recommend you take finasteride as soon as possible if you have not experienced any side effects, you could've likely saved much of your crown loss had you stuck with it.

Your donor availability is key, you have a lot of real estate to cover, as well as dark hair and fair skin which make a contrast that often exposes a lack of density, especially in harsh lighting.

You may have to have very tempered expectations if you decide to pursue a hair transplant, you'll likely need more than one to satisfy your scalp coverage needs, and you likely won't be able to apply as much density everywhere that you'd like in order to create a cosmetic full head of hair.

As asked before, are you on finasteride? It appears you are not.

Would you be willing to reestablish a hairline but leave the crown bald? That seems like a realistic option for you based on the pictures.

Really thanks a lot for your opinion and suggestions,

I am aware now that I won't be able to have the full coverage in one session.

And I like what you have suggested about the hair line first, I can cover the rest of the scalp later.

As for Finasteride, I used Proscar but I stopped after the side effects of it and as I was informed by the dermatologist that I need to use it after the hair transplant procedure.

However, do you think I need to re-use it again?

Thanks a lot.

Really thanks a lot for your opinion and suggestions,

I am aware now that I won't be able to have the full coverage in one session.

And I like what you have suggested about the hair line first, I can cover the rest of the scalp later.

As for Finasteride, I used Proscar but I stopped after the side effects of it and as I was informed by the dermatologist that I need to use it after the hair transplant procedure.

However, do you think I need to re-use it again?

Thanks a lot.

Hi Stevoo, please see my reply above, I really think it is in your best interests to consider taking finasteride again if you weren't personally experiencing side effects.

The potential side effect of finasteride are reversible and will stop the moment you discontinue use of the drug, but the repercussions of not taking finsateride can be permanent in the form of hair loss.

Did you experience any side effects? Because it is a very small minority of people that do, and the sexual dysfunction side effects are next to nonexistent in young patient cases, not impossible mind you but very rare. They're more likely to occur in men well into mid-life and older that have other health issues that can contribute to impotence and erectile dysfunction.

I recommend you take finasteride as soon as possible if you have not experienced any side effects, you could've likely saved much of your crown loss had you stuck with it.

Hey,

the problem is that after I knew the side effects of it, psychologically I had erectile problems, plus, my girlfriend got panic knowing about it and she is afraid that may have any effects in the future. So I stopped it but I know I have to use it again later.

I will re-consult my dermatologist in this regards, thanks a lot. :):)

Hey,

the problem is that after I knew the side effects of it, psychologically I had erectile problems, plus, my girlfriend got panic knowing about it and she is afraid that may have any effects in the future. So I stopped it but I know I have to use it again later.

I will re-consult my dermatologist in this regards, thanks a lot. :):)

Sounds like you need to monitor your proscar dosage, make sure you cut the 5mg pill into 4 pieces and only take one piece daily, 5mg may be overkill for your system.

A full 5mg proscar tablet is used to treat prostate issues, a quarter of a proscar tablet is roughly equivalent to the dosage of a single Propecia tablet, which is all you need to fight hair loss.

Sounds like you need to monitor your proscar dosage, make sure you cut the 5mg pill into 4 pieces and only take one piece daily, 5mg may be overkill for your system.

A full 5mg proscar tablet is used to treat prostate issues, a quarter of a proscar tablet is roughly equivalent to the dosage of a single Propecia tablet, which is all you need to fight hair loss.

Yes I was doing that. But what about that there is a minor chance of this medication to develop some kind of prostate cancer?

Yes I was doing that. But what about that there is a minor chance of this medication to develop some kind of prostate cancer?
I'm not a physician, but that sounds very remote, discuss that with a dermatologist as i've never heard that being a concern before.

Actually it's the opposite, Finasteride was originally used to treat patients who already had benign prostate ailments.

The problem after starting Fin however, is that it becomes more difficult to detect prostate cancer during screening so be sure to have a PSA test done before starting this drug.

https://www.baldtruthtalk.com/threads/12096-What-labtests-should-I-have-before-propecia

See your general practitioner or someone who specializes in internal medicine, not necessarily a dermatologist.

Edited by hsrp10

go dense or go home

• 1 month later...

Hello all,

after making a thoroughly extensive research. I have decided to go for Adem Havva medical centre in Istanbul.

I feel more comfortable of their professional communicating way when I talk to them either on phone or through WhatsApp. The sent me a medical history form to fill in and made a phone call with me with one of the internal doctors at the centre before deciding if I need hair transplant or not.

Even when I asked them about the procedure and how many hair follicles they can take from my donor area, they gave me a medical and scientific answer (not like others who just gave me numbers without explaining why!).

They offered me a complete package that suits a first-time visitor to Turkey and Middle East.

To sum up, they treated me in a professional and medical way not in a commercial way; that is to say, I was a human to them not pocket of money!

I will go there the second half of April, and i will keep sharing my experience with them: confirming whether they are really good or not.

Will write to you soon.