How much donor area do I have left?

don174

Having seen you in person, and based on that pic which makes you look like a Norwood 5-ish.

I'd say between 2,500 and 3,000 grafts.

If I were you I'd put all those grafts up front and midscalp, and then let dr. Umar do his BHT with the crown.

And then you're done!!

About 5800. I'll cut my hair nxt week so better idea of back and post those picks too

Did u start out completely bald on top? NW6? I would think otherwise 5600 grafts would give a rather impressive result.

Did your doc not tell you how many you have left? In the planning phase of the surgery that would surely come up?

If you follow my first HT thread you can see what I looked like before HT 1.right now things are not looking the best , esp my front .getting worried now . Getting sick of using toppik. My front has become really fine

If you follow my first HT thread you can see what I looked like before HT 1.right now things are not looking the best , esp my front .getting worried now i. Getting sick of using toppik. My front has become really fine

Stop complaining, and keep the positive vibes going Donnie!!

I know what its like to start falling into negative thought patterns.

Don't do it!!

Your hair looks pretty good (compared to a lot of other people on this site).

Plus you're a Norwood 5, which means you have tons of donor hair left

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

It depends you may be able to get more grafts through FUT if you good elasticity, but through FUE I don't think 3,000 would be a good idea, don I would like to know what your expectations are?

From recent photos I see a clear improvement at 4 months, before you consider another surgery you should wait and see how this one pans out, by 12 months you could be satisfied, of course expectations come in to play, all Norwood 6 guys have to be crafty with how they style their hair, there is always instances where you see weakness, if you want complete coverage and density I think your expectations may be a bit unrealistic, but hang in there it's a waiting game im confident you'll be surprised by 12 months.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I definitely need to add density to the first 1-2 3rds of my scalp .i realize it's early, but my dream is to have a result as good as yours bro for being a NW6.

If I considered going abroad, don't think many clinics in turkey/India do FUT still, . This shits frustrating. Hate using hair fibers so much, want things over with and be done

• Administrators

It's an illusion, i take 30 min each day styling my hair to make it look the way it does, I don't want to create false expectations, I use toppik on my crown and partline still, not every day but when I go out for an occasion I still do, I'm also a week shy of 4 month of my third procedure, I can't get ahead of myself there is still time, but it's likely I will never have a result that looks good enough to compare to toppik. I'm flattered you would mention me as a result you want, but remember I do everything possible to maximize the appearance of a full head of hair, from blow drying to hair products stay positive things will work out;)

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 1 month later...

I showed a pic of my donor area above to dr Yaman who thinks it's too think to do another 3rd HT in the future. I assumed I had least 1500k to work with . Any experts can weigh in on

If he is right ?

• 3 weeks later...

When your on the border like that, most docs are going to side with caution.

He may be right with what he's comfortable with.

I think you have 1500 fue, but it should really be used as a last resort.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

That's my point on being careful with the last if your grafts. You do have diffuse thinning, so you should be very picky with them. Wishing you had more grafts is not the same as having them. You probably have one more shot at something small. Let you last one grow out before you worry too much about it.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

FUT or FUE, if it's your last shot you have to narrow it down to the elite shortlist to stack the odds in your favor - Konior, Hasson, Erdogan, Cooley do not produce many if any poor results.

good luck

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)