Dr. Konior or Dr. Shapiro-First hair transplant

Dino5467

Hello. Please help me decide between Dr. Konior and Dr Shapiro for my first hair transplant. I live in Chicago so Dr. Konior is close, but also Dr. Shapiro is a short flight away. I'm intereted only in FUE ( I keep my hair short). I have average to below average donor area, so every single graft counts. Your feedback is greatly appreciated based on your experience or what you know. Thanks

You can't go wrong with either. I recommend in person consults, as both clinics seem pretty accessible.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Thanks Spanker. I did meet Dr Konior. I was very comfortable with his recommendations. . My only concern is scheduling. I have to schedule the procedure 1 year from now. You are right . I will schedule a consult with Dr Shapiro. Thanks for your feedback.

The advice given to consult with both is a good advice.... that way you can go with who you feel the most comfortable with. I myself have had surgery with Both Dr's Ron and Paul Shapiro and i can wholeheartedly say it was the best thing i ever did.

Good luck for whoever you go with.

2 poor very poor UK ht's

2 world class repairs with Shapiro Medical Group

original thread

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.co...d.php?t=134995

Dr Paul's procedure http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1710

Dr Ron's procedure

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1128

As you're in IL Dr. K could be a no-brainer but agreed also have a consult with Dr. Shapiro.

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

agree. Dr K is a no brainer. My only concern with dr K. is scheduling. It's very complicated to schedule a procedure 1 year in advance, but I guess if you want one of the best you need to wait in line. I'll talk to Dr. Shapiro and go from there.

I agree both produce consistently good results. As for Dr. Konior's long waiting list, is there the possibility you could take a cancellation spot if it came up? If you're able to be available at short notice this could perhaps be an option.

I am an online representative for Farjo Hair Institute

Dr. Bessam Farjo is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions shared are my own.

As you're in IL Dr. K could be a no-brainer but agreed also have a consult with Dr. Shapiro.

I have a feeling that you are telling me to stick with Dr. K since I'm in Chicago and forget about the long wait time. I giving this option a very serious consideration. I haven't seen a single bad review for Dr. k

I have a feeling that you are telling me to stick with Dr. K since I'm in Chicago and forget about the long wait time. I giving this option a very serious consideration. I haven't seen a single bad review for Dr. k

Basically yes and for the reason you mention... :cool:

Good luck man.

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

Hello. Please help me decide between Dr. Konior and Dr Shapiro for my first hair transplant. I live in Chicago so Dr. Konior is close, but also Dr. Shapiro is a short flight away. I'm intereted only in FUE ( I keep my hair short). I have average to below average donor area, so every single graft counts. Your feedback is greatly appreciated based on your experience or what you know. Thanks

It's a tough one, only because 1 year is a really long time to have to wait just to have the actual procedure itself. Then once you have the procedure, it's another year to see the finished product. That's 2 years before you get to where you want to be. If you have that kind of patience, then kudos to you, but man oh man...... I would not blame you if that alone is reason enough to try seek a surgeon just as good. If Ron Shapiro is that man, then you trade convenience of a hometown procedure for a year. Now that's a no brained for the average person like myself with little patience.

• 1 year later...

Based on my experiences, in my profile, I’v been consulting with Dr. K for over 2 years. Been to Chicago 3 times from California for consultation and never been charged a cent by Dr. K. This doesn’t include the multiple emails that he has had to responded to. It’s been a long journey, but have finally booked procedure for May 2019 with Dr. K. If you read my history, 2 years to get results is nothing. Dr. K is the man, and in my opinion no other doctor comes even close.

Based on my experiences, in my profile, I’v been consulting with Dr. K for over 2 years. Been to Chicago 3 times from California for consultation and never been charged a cent by Dr. K. This doesn’t include the multiple emails that he has had to responded to. It’s been a long journey, but have finally booked procedure for May 2019 with Dr. K. If you read my history, 2 years to get results is nothing. Dr. K is the man, and in my opinion no other doctor comes even close.

with all due respect... don't overthink.. just do it if you think you really need it. 3 times already seems a bit too much

The moral of my story is that it’s not always just transplanting hair and they survive. Some of us have complications that have extended complications and “need” professional follow up. Talk about depressing, have 1,500 grafts transplanted where half don’t survive. With limited donor grafts, one needs to be careful on increasing odds of success.

The moral of my story is that it’s not always just transplanting hair and they survive. Some of us have complications that have extended complications and “need” professional follow up. Talk about depressing, have 1,500 grafts transplanted where half don’t survive. With limited donor grafts, one needs to be careful on increasing odds of success.

sorry for overlooking that brother...

trust me.. we all have some issues either mental, anatomic, physical etc that can have impact on our decision making and feasibility... the reason I didn't look into your profile deeply was because I have been talking to some folks lately who don't have "real" issues and are only getting depressed when we have such great options available to us that clearly weren't there 10 years ago..

I got my HT 10 years ago and FUE was a no-no back then.. we're in a different world now

best of luck!