This patient is a 57-year-old gentleman who desired to enhance his frontal hairline. He feels that he has had a slow recession of hair in the frontal region. He did not want to bring the hairline down significantly and wanted to increase the density to make his hairline fuller.

The before and after photographs are presented side by side to compare the 18-month results. The patient is extremely happy with the results as it has defined the frontal hairline and produced a more youthful appearance for him.

iqyhgwe9de526m7kd3ezxbv0inguevie.jpg

b1w5rklzr89gf16drqnsuu36pw2hqorv.jpg

qgohfd8woca521tp4irjge8tuos4onrq.jpg

b9sj2i7dzmnhbgdgwpsldbuo3mwjrnk3.jpg

23dh1yixnizc9gy6kmvyhf9libubaqwo.jpg

dsumd993qk06uvohkxw5jnpnzljgyb0t.jpg

5xqntwm7fmxhteiamq9tb4tmi8tdbw6y.jpg

7ey6h28nas6hz8mpqb85ce0c743cba7p.jpg

Steven Gabel, MD, FACS, FISHRS

Diplomate, American Board of Hair Restoration Surgery

Diplomate, American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery

Diplomate, American College of Surgeons

Gabel Hair Restoration Center

Portland, Oregon

503-693-1118

Email Dr. Gabel directly at drgabel@gabelcenter.com

Dr. Gabel's Website

Dr. Steven Gabel is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

What method was used (FUE or strip) and how many grafts? I don't see either mentioned above. Also, are there any immediate post-op photos showing actual graft placement? Lastly, it would be nice to have seen the patient's hair lay normally, without the hair band, pre-op for a better comparison of the before/after result. Glad to hear this man is happy. He has terrific hair.

• 2 weeks later...
What method was used (FUE or strip) and how many grafts? I don't see either mentioned above. Also, are there any immediate post-op photos showing actual graft placement? Lastly, it would be nice to have seen the patient's hair lay normally, without the hair band, pre-op for a better comparison of the before/after result. Glad to hear this man is happy. He has terrific hair.

Windjammer

This patient had the strip method performed with 1943 grafts placed into the frontal hairline. I will look for some photos that show the frontal hairline prior placing the headband. The reason I show the headband is to clearly delineate the exact area where the follicular unit grafts will be placed. I will also show the immediate post operative photographs.

Portland, Oregon

503-693-1118

Dr. Gabel's Website

Dr. Steven Gabel is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

Agree, he doesn't look anywhere close to 57. Nice work.

I am an online representative for Farjo Hair Institute

Dr. Bessam Farjo is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions shared are my own.

Windjammer

Here are the photographs you requested without the headband and immediately after the grafts were inserted. As you see, I trim some of his natural hair back so there is a smooth transition between the transplanted hairs and his natural hair. If that is not done, then the patient will end up with an appearance of decreased density at his “natural” hairline. By transplanting into this “transition zone” with 2-hair and 3-hair follicular unit grafts, it gives a more natural appearance to the final result.

m20bctaduc9stbhpmodp3dn7sq3xck6q.jpg

toy39ph8tuz6u62s6hblao7g3fauo51e.jpg

eaht1tep51bqp0kh5ee38gutfxc558yg.jpg

w9vs0boup9ikhzkvqlxn5ayfc8gjh5uk.jpg

2jor16t7jggl56t3776nqwhvy6wqr8o0.jpg

mu6i7rsbiwa196owp85oinifj8odj9t9.jpg

hzz9eyee9zr7rxvtvqyfht9272p5ewsp.jpg

Edited by Steve Gabel, M.D.

Portland, Oregon

503-693-1118

Dr. Gabel's Website