Dr. Hasson 7902 Grafts/ FUT/ 1 Session/1 year post-op

Dr. Hasson/FUT 7902 grafts/one session

This patient from Italy in his early 30’s wanted to lower his hairline in addition to restoring his crown. Fortunately, his donor hair was exceptional allowing Dr. Hasson to harvest 7901 graft via FUT and accomplish this goal in one session. 2355 grafts were singles, 5071 were double hair grafts and 476 were 3-4 hair grafts. The texture of his hair was coarse. Due to his extremely high donor density, the strip was only 1.5 to 2.0 cm in width and around 34 cm in length. He took these photos and his result was shared on the Italian forum Bellicapelli. The photos aren't perfect but I think you get the idea.

VL-Dr.H-Jan17-front.jpg

VL-Dr.H-Jan17-front-dip.jpg

VL-Dr.H-Jan17-front-close.jpg

VL-Dr.H-Jan17-crown.jpg

VL-Dr.H-Jan17-side-alt.jpg

VL-Dr.H-Jan17-side-close.jpg

VL-Dr.H-Jan17-side.jpg

VL-Dr.H-Jan17-coverage-post-op.jpg

I am a salaried employee of Hasson and Wong since 2001. Opinions expressed are my own.

Hassonandwong.com

the post procedure photos do not show the same density as the final ones. It looks really dense and some how od, may be concealers are used or the background light makes it look really dense.

It's kind of true about the lighting and some pics are blurry, would like to see some closeups of the hairline in harsh lighting.

But anyway, an obvious major cosmetic improvement was achieved so thumbs up from me.

Also looking at the amount of hair darkening the patient seems to be an excellent responder to Fin.

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

This is indeed a grand slam. Some thought :

1. Huge amounts of grafts.

2. How much did finasteride compared to the hair transplant?

3. lightning maybe be helping some.

But indeed a killer result. ..

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the comments guys!

I have added another pic which may be a bit clearer. We will hopefully be seeing this patient in Italy next month and can get some updated photos of better quality.

Dr. Hasson feels he could have gotten the same result with FUE. Something in the 6,000 graft range would have probably done it over 2-3 days. Indeed his donor hair is above average and he might have another 4,000 or so left in reserves. As far as the post op shots, considering Dr. Hasson was transplanting mostly among existing hair and the fact that the patients hair shaft caliber was very high, the grafts did not have to be placed as close together as would be the case with the average patient. I agree it is also possible that he has responded well to Finasteride.

VL-Dr.H-Jan17-top.jpg

I am a salaried employee of Hasson and Wong since 2001. Opinions expressed are my own.

Hassonandwong.com

• 1 year later...
5 minutes ago, H & W Doug said:

Hi guys, thanks for the interest and comment! 

We reached out and the patient sent us this recent pic. He is to send more soon and we will update with those when we can. 

for-doug.jpg

this is very easily the best result I have ever seen, along with diep's famous result on that asian month by month follow through. What is the big factor with these results? Do you know the caliber of this man's hair in microns, and the density transplanted?

9 minutes ago, H & W Doug said:

Hi guys, thanks for the interest and comment! 

We reached out and the patient sent us this recent pic. He is to send more soon and we will update with those when we can. 

for-doug.jpg

like didnt joe tillman somehow get even more hair moved than this guy over his lifetime? This guy's results are lightyears ahead of joe imo

Epic result.  It looks like natural density even though the lighting isn't the best.

This guy is far further along than me in terms of hair loss and I'd love to have hair like his.  I suspect his donor is a bit better than mine though.

Just shows what can be achieved if you go to a top doctor.

Unreal.  I had more grafts than him by a long shot and started out less bald..   My hair is still thin..   3 months out from my latest FUE so hopefully this one is a success. 

Going to H and W first would be my dream if I could turn back the hands of time.  They continue to present stellar results.  

• Like 2

Thanks for the comments guys.

Literalno,

I agree it is impressive. The hair shaft caliber is above average. Assuming 50 microns is average, I would guess 80 microns, maybe more for this patient? As far as Joe Tillman. Joe has much finer hair (likely less than 50 microns), a more advanced hair loss pattern and therefore more area to cover. As I have eluded to before, one of this patient’s hairs might equal 2-3 hairs from a patient like Joe which can help explain the difference in result. Basically, to equal 7902 grafts with this type of hair, Joe might need 15,000 or maybe 20,000 grafts and may still not achieve this density and coverage. Very few have 15,000 grafts in the bank. Coarse hair can make up for deficiencies in other areas. This patient has the best of both worlds, high donor density, and large hair shaft diameter. Amazing things can be achieved with the right doc if he’s given these donor hair characteristics. But as I’ve said before, the best raw materials mean very little without the right surgeon and team to take advantage of them. You’re right garethbale ?

Bless up,

I don’t think the original placement shot posted shows as much of the crown.  If you look at the tip down shot I posted on Feb 6, 2017, you’ll see more of the crown and notice the thinning area is fairly substantial. See below for a better shot of that area taken 4 days post-op. Probably 3,000 or more grafts alone for that area. So if you couple, that with a high-density hairline and frontal zone along with the mid-scalp, it seems more reasonable. Usually, a frontal zone and mid-scalp restoration takes at least 4,000 grafts. In this case, if we plan for something in the 6,000 graft range and get closer to 7,500 – 8,000, the extra grafts will usually be used in parts of the mid-scalp and crown as the density up front is more of a fixed proposition and satisfied with the first 4,000 or so grafts.

dr-hasson-sep-20-2018.jpg

Hassonandwong.com