Merck is super proud of their product- what are you paying?

Spanker

So I am looking to go to name brand Proscar so I started shopping around, the price for 30 pills:

Wal-Mart: $220 something

Walgreens:$215 or so

CVS: $185ish

I didn't write the prices down so I didn't get the exact price, but damn, for real?

Pretty ridiculous if you ask me. I'm surprised how little information is out about it. I am looking into it just because I have read about cases where non generic have better results and I feel like non generic are less of a gamble. I have no evidence outside a opinions of well respected people inn the industry that generic isn't a good.

Thoughts and comments welcome.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Hey mods, can you edit my title to "what are you paying?"

Its late and I skipped a word.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Wow, the price has really gone up. I remember paying about $75 for Proscar but that was 15 years ago. Guess they need the money to pay their lawyers for the class action suit....

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

I'm surprised there aren't more comments. Anywhere to get it cheaper that's not online in the US?

View Spanker's Website

I pay $12 for 48 pills of generic Propecia at Costco.

Maybe you're better off taking a full pill (although it's 1mg vs 1.25 splitting proscar). But at least you know you're getting a full 1mg instead of splitting a generic pill where the dosage might not be spread evenly, thereby reducing effectiveness?

1st Procedure, Oct. 2012 - 1,704 grafts FUT w/Dr. True

2nd Procedure, Sept. 2015 - 2500 grafts FUE w/Dr. Vories

FUE Progress - http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/180966-my-experience-w-dr-vories-2-500-grafts.html

FUE 1 year result - http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/184716-1-year-results-2-500-grafts-w-dr-vories.html

Title edited!

I'm shocked CVS is cheaper than Walmart. I have found their prescription prices pretty high with other drugs.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

I've also hear over the yrs that the branded meds does a better job but never seen much evidence of this, so is it really worth it? Which you not only will you be paying a large ammount of $$$ but it may not give you any better results.

Strange how the prices has gone up over the yrs, on these branded names tho, so makes me wonder also are there more demand because the branded is more effective or is it just shear greed on these companies? I would say its the later.

• 2 months later...
A 3 month supply of Finastride at Costco is about $22. I have taken generic for the past 2 years and don't notice any difference.

You saw no difference between Propecia and generic finasteride?