5 months after tansplant HELP!!

So I'm almost five months after a 2200 graft transplant. It looks very pluggy. The frontal hairline is dense for about 1/2-1 inch but then the transplanted hairs behind that are small or not noticeable at all. It looks bald and disconnected with the rest of the hair. What should I expect at 5 months? I saw some of the hairs coming in at two months and at four months I saw many more come in. Should I expect to see the majority of them by now at least to a small extent? Please help and respond, THANKS> BEN

As said before, without pics its hard for any of us to tell anything. But overall, at 5 months you still have a lot of growth ahead of you. Check out some other people's progression over the year after their HT- it might give you a better idea of what to expect.

Try to stay positive man. Good luck.

Justhadtransplant,

I'm sorry that you are concerned however, do keep in mind that you are still very early in the process and often times, hair will grow in a little straggly and will take some time to refine and mature. That said, I agree with our other members that photos would really help us see what's going on. I suggest posting some before pictures, pictures of your scalp immediately after surgery and pictures of your scalp now. That way we can at least see where all the hairs were placed and then give you an honest opinion of what we see.

But just know that things are still very early and you have a long many months of growth before you can make final evaluation.

Best wishes,

Bill

It's been a year and a half since mine. Since that unfortunate fateful day I decide to hastily go through with my FUE. Mine still has a very 'pluggy' look to this day. Im ten times as self conscious about my hair nowthan prior to the FUE. I was fool to do this to myself and I have no one except myself to blame.

I was extremely regretful within days after getting it done, and I remain very regretful to this day. This was without a doubt, the single BIGGEST MISTAKE of my life was getting this damn FUE!

All I can say, is that they 'got me'. I hope those goddamn charlatan and unscrupulous bastards known as hair rtransplant doctors don't sleep a wink at night!! I know if I ruined and disfiguring honest unsuspecting people, I couldn't live with myself. I have nothing but contempt for the hair transplant industry now! I truly spit on it and rue the day I ever set foot inside a HT FUE 'office'!!

With slick FUE marketing and the empty promises of this latest and greatest hair restoration breakthrough 'cure'. I was suckered into disfiguring myself for life.

I did take to the forums afterwards and try and dissuade as many as possible from suffering my same fate, the fate of the abomination named FUE. I truly am sorry they got to you too. I only wish you would've come across some of my earlier post from a year ago and perhaps avoided the FUE. Another soul lost to slick dishonest FUE a marketing. So sad.

Justhadtransplant,

I'm sorry that you are concerned however, do keep in mind that you are still very early in the process and often times, hair will grow in a little straggly and will take some time to refine and mature. l

But don't you think 5 months is enough time to at least show some noticeable growth? There are patients who have had noticeable results after 4 months, albeit it is far from the 12 month mark. But nonetheless they show some progress 4 - 5 months post op.

• 3 months later...
It's been a year and a half since mine. Since that unfortunate fateful day I decide to hastily go through with my FUE. Mine still has a very 'pluggy' look to this day. Im ten times as self conscious about my hair nowthan prior to the FUE. I was fool to do this to myself and I have no one except myself to blame.

I was extremely regretful within days after getting it done, and I remain very regretful to this day. This was without a doubt, the single BIGGEST MISTAKE of my life was getting this damn FUE!

All I can say, is that they 'got me'. I hope those goddamn charlatan and unscrupulous bastards known as hair rtransplant doctors don't sleep a wink at night!! I know if I ruined and disfiguring honest unsuspecting people, I couldn't live with myself. I have nothing but contempt for the hair transplant industry now! I truly spit on it and rue the day I ever set foot inside a HT FUE 'office'!!

With slick FUE marketing and the empty promises of this latest and greatest hair restoration breakthrough 'cure'. I was suckered into disfiguring myself for life.

I did take to the forums afterwards and try and dissuade as many as possible from suffering my same fate, the fate of the abomination named FUE. I truly am sorry they got to you too. I only wish you would've come across some of my earlier post from a year ago and perhaps avoided the FUE. Another soul lost to slick dishonest FUE a marketing. So sad.

I've seen your results and they aren't even bad. You're an attention seeker looking for sympathy. You also said you knew further hair would fall out posing an issue and yet didn't want to ever take finasteride, despite being recommended it.

Now that this poses an issue, despite your own bad decisions you blame it on FUE. Well done.

Hey Bill, these kind of posts help no one and arguably violate the terms of service and accepted code of conduct. Making patients feel bad to push some "FUE is great" agenda is really a great way to show support for someone. Get this guy out of here.

He's been asked by Bill to post clear pictures because the only ones he did post didn't show an aesthetically unattractive result.

I don't care if you get FUE or FUT, do whatever you like. There are better ways to disagree with someone than to ask them to be banned.

Hey Bill, these kind of posts help no one and arguably violate the terms of service and accepted code of conduct. Making patients feel bad to push some "FUE is great" agenda is really a great way to show support for someone. Get this guy out of here.

Apparently it's fine to call me a "goddamn moron" on another thread because I didn't agree with your assertion that FUE is consistently less effective than FUT, but not ok to call out someone who complains of their result, posts photos in the worst framing possible but still have it look ok, and then bash FUE as a whole.

Please just check yourself for hypocrisy for a moment. I'm not the one who made petty insults towards someone.

The OP brought up a 5 month result which anyone would say is far away from completion. Doom and gloom from someone under completely different circumstances is hardly aiding the conversation. It makes sense to keep a calm mind at that point.

What needs to happen is to ask your surgeon exactly where and how dense the graft placement was. It is possible that the first 1-2 cm of the hairline was grafted at a much higher density than the area directly behind it.

The doctor should be able to reference your chart and provide you with more detailed feedback as to how the density was done and where the grafts were placed.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY