Have I lost to much Hair anyone had HT similar pattern to me?

mjk1982

• Administrators

The pictures aren't very clear, we would need to see what your donor area looks like, you appear to be a Norwood 6.5, I would like to see how expanded the crown is to really be able to give you an accurate answer.

But to your point, good results can be subjective, so I had a similar hair loss pattern, I had a bit more hair than you but the pattern was similar I'm very happy with my results, can I have every hairstyle possible? No. Do I have to be clever with how I style my hair? Yes. Is my crown completely restored? No. So it all boils down to your expectations, if you want to look like you're not balding at all and have full coverage full density the yes you have lost too much hair. However, if you want just a hairline that frames your face with some light coverage in the midscalp you may be a candidate, of course this is all dependent on your donor area and the quality of your hair.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators

I've had 5,300 grafts, I'm currently 3 months post op for my crown so I'm still waiting for my results. The quality of your donor will determine how many grafts you need to achieve your desired result. What I mean by quality is the hair shaft diameter, the density of your donor area and whether your hair is straight, wavy or curly. It'll be interesting to see the new photos you take, be sure to include a back view shot to see the crown and donor area.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

It's a bit difficult to tell from your pictures but I looked very similar to you in 2012. I think you have a lot of promise and should expect nice results. You can see all of my before/afters since my surgery 5 years ago at.... MyFUEhairtransplant.com. Make sure you look at the archives and go back to 2012 to compare your current hair loss. Good luck to you. Thanks for posting on this website and keep us posted.

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

• 2 months later...
Hello anyone had HT done with my amount of hair loss with success?

My gut tells me I have lost to much to have a good result.

Thanks in advance any pics of success would be appreciated.

I was NW 4-5 patient and had undergone Ht surgery in 2014 in Delhi from AK Clinics by Dr Kapil Dua and I am satisiftied with my surgery results.

Result : http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/182531-dr-kapil-dua-2000-grafts-fue-norwood-grade-iv-v-result.html

Online Representative and Patient Advisor for:

Dr. Kapil Dua, AKClinics - Hair Transplant in Delhi, Ludhiana and Bangalore, Chennai - India.

Dr. Kapil Dua, Board of Governor at ISHRS(USA), Board of Governor at AAHRS, President of AHRS India

is a recommended surgeon at Hair Transplant Network.

Disclaimer: I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

"KO" is correct. Get a consultation and find our how viable your donor area is. You may be surprised how many grafts are available and what a skilled surgeon can do.

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

I can't see the donor area. As for results, I would say one transplant isn't enough. Also, do you also have a lot of beard hair? A lot of patients have had success when they were able to use their beard hair to add coverage plus density.

The odds that you could have surgery are pretty good. I think you need to have realistic expectations. You have very advanced hair loss but you could still easily have the creation of a mature hairline and fill in the front and the top. If I was you, I would leave the crown alone.