Is Dr. Erdogan the king of hair transplants?

Happy new year gentlemen,

Looking at the before and after pictures on Dr. Erdogan's website I was most impressed with his work. Too good IMOH. Comparing him to other doctor's before and after images, I find Dr. Erdogan work to be the best I have ever seen. But I am concerned about overgrafting which ensues shock loss. I would like your opinions on the matter. Could you gentlemen tell me if he indeed is the king of hair transplants? And for those who have been his patients, could you tell me your experiences with him?

Don't get me wrong, he is indeed a very good surgeon. HOWEVER in my opinion he uses way too many grafts. Other elite surgeons use way less grafts than he does.

100% fully agreed, couldn't state it otherwise.

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

Agree. Although results Noticeably distinct for most part, way too many grafts are used to reach outcome.

This is in comparison to some Other doctors like, Dr Keser, Dr Kardenis, Dr Lupanzula, Dr Baubac, Dr lorenzo etc

Why is this though?

I went with Dr Erdogan and I completely trusted him when he told me the number of grafts I needed. But then of course I would.

It would be interesting to understand why this is? I don't understand why he would need that many more grafts to achieve a similar result as some other top doctors.

First Transplant: 5000 FUE grafts with Dr Koray Erdogan ASMED, December 2016

First Hair Transplant link: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/185564-5000-grafts-fue-13th-14th-december-asmed-dr-erdogan.html

Hair loss regime

Propecia 1mg daily

Saw Palmetto 450mg daily

Biotin 1000ug daily

MSM 1500mg daily

Pumpkin Seed Oil 1000mg daily

1% Nizoral shampoo weekly

Lasercomb x 3 weekly

Hey Deb,

I've asked before directly previously but with no answer.

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/185362-dr-koray-erdogan-asmed-clinic-3705-grafts-manual-fue.html

Hi ASMED,

Amazing results as always!

I just will add one question, why were 3,705 grafts used on a patient stated as NW2 ?

Is it to help prevent the need for future procedures (quote: - FINASTERIDE: The patient doesnt use the medicine) or is it for some other reason?

Always impressed with the work but sometimes wonder why such high graft counts are used compared with other clinics.

thanks

Maybe as a patient you can get more info?

Sean sums it up well, results are there but almost everyone is questioning why? on graft counts.

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

Hey Deb,

I've asked before directly previously but with no answer.

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/185362-dr-koray-erdogan-asmed-clinic-3705-grafts-manual-fue.html

Hi ASMED,

Amazing results as always!

I just will add one question, why were 3,705 grafts used on a patient stated as NW2 ?

Is it to help prevent the need for future procedures (quote: - FINASTERIDE: The patient doesnt use the medicine) or is it for some other reason?

Always impressed with the work but sometimes wonder why such high graft counts are used compared with other clinics.

thanks

Maybe as a patient you can get more info?

Sean sums it up well, results are there but almost everyone is questioning why? on graft counts.

Just saw that case. Almost 4k grafts for a nw2 patient is CRAZY. PPL really needs to call out Dr Erdogan on that. IMO that is malpractice. Very sad to see!

It's because he charges less than other doctors per graft, and makes it up by increasing volume.

Is that really ethical? Messing with peoples donor? Its like eating when your already on a full stomach. IMO that is not what an "elite" surgeon does.

It's because he charges less than other doctors per graft, and makes it up by increasing volume.

He's in the top 2 or 3 most expensive surgeons in Turkey as far as I know , so he's not undercutting the local competition.

He's in the top 2 or 3 most expensive surgeons in Turkey as far as I know , so he's not undercutting the local competition.

He's competing for Western patients. If you're looking at a US or a Euro surgeon who charges $9/graft vs Erdogan, Erdogan will look cheaper, and you'll get more grafts...

He's competing for Western patients. If you're looking at a US or a Euro surgeon who charges $9/graft vs Erdogan, Erdogan will look cheaper, and you'll get more grafts...

Agreed also ! You can't knock the results they produce , but the consistent high graft counts is disconcerting.

Agreed also ! You can't knock the results they produce , but the consistent high graft counts is disconcerting.

Hello chris and everyone,

Would it be possible to talk to Dr. Erdogan to discuss the amount of grafts to be transplanted pre op? He of all surgeons should understand the risks involved in plugging too many grafts.

I don't really understand why people think that High graph counts is a bad thing.

You would think you would want high graph counts..........no???

Why would you think that?

Donor grafts are finite, every one that you place that goes above and beyond what is needed to get a quality result is a graft that you can't place elsewhere. If you're a low nw and don't project to be a high norwood down the line then you have the luxury of chasing density and over spending in a particular zone but if you're projecting to be a higher norwood you'll need every graft you can get just to get some coverage and may find yourself short even with good asset management.

I don't really understand why people think that High graph counts is a bad thing.

You would think you would want high graph counts..........no???

The main complaint about high graft placement is the risk of permanent shock loss. If it weren't for shock loss there wouldn't be so many complaints surrounding shock loss. Sadly there's a give and take when it comes to high hair density from transplants. The higher the density the higher the risk for shock loss. At the moment there's no proven solution to circumvent this.

Personally I want lots of grafts. But I also have to be careful that I don't get too many which may put me in a bad situation where the surrounding healthy hairs don't grow anymore.

Just saw that case. Almost 4k grafts for a nw2 patient is CRAZY. PPL really needs to call out Dr Erdogan on that. IMO that is malpractice. Very sad to see!

Wow! Almost 4,000 grafts for an NW2?

I was more advanced (a pretty thin NW3) and got a full head of hair with only a bit over 2,000 grafts. I have tons of donor hair left in reserve, just in case. So glad I went with such a conservative doctor!

fullsizeoutput_29.thumb.jpg.044635d35e3989ac09fd30452a12c4f8.jpg

1,792 graft FUE with Dr. James Harris (Denver, Colorado) on April 2-3, 2015

313 graft FUE with Dr. James Harris (Denver, Colorado) on May 3, 2016 to make it perfect!!!

• 1 month later...

I have contacted them twice and according to his agent, he doesn't wana do the surgery on me. starting my donar area is weak, what non sense. IF you just wana perform on easy eases, what's the point.

All his patients are white Caucasians man.I haven't seen a single asian or black patient.

Asmed produces superb results because of the high graph counts. It seems most of his patients can style their hair in any way. They aren't limited to a combover or certain style. I believe it to be because of the the higher graph counts.

Asmed produces superb results because of the high graph counts. It seems most of his patients can style their hair in any way. They aren't limited to a combover or certain style. I believe it to be because of the the higher graph counts.

Look the man in post above he had 2000 grafts and seams that he can comb the hair as he wants. And I have less thin hair than him and erdogan tell me 4000-4500 grafts....