2135 frontal grafts by Dr.Bhatti on 24 th Dec 2016

vermaj

Hello guys,

First of all I want to kudos to you guys for your immense help in updating your stories, providing knowledge to us about hair transplant.

Background:

I am 25, just started working was facing hair loss from around 5 years back. I devastated and always felt inferior in front of my fellow friends. I was very outgoing and social but as most of you have known , Hair loss kills all of that. I have MPB, since one of my maternal uncle is bald, also my dad is receeding.

Plus, I have a big forehead, which further makes it look more bad. But I guess since I am taking fins and applying min to my hair since long, I have only receeded in my hairline and not on the crown or centre.

I started researching about hair transplants and finally zeroed down to Dr.Bhatti. I believe he is the best surgeon in India and his efficiency is maximum in terms of results Medications: currently I am currently taking finasteride 1mg and minoxidil for around 5 years.

Before and on the day of surgery:

I exchanged some good amount of mails with Dr.Bhatti and we came to my hairline design and decided date of the procedure. I was all geared up, between my office times, I used to research more and more of HT's. My browsing time of Stack overflow and social networks changed completely to HRN forum. There was just one thing in my browsing history, which was hair.

His representatives "California and Shera" were very very helpful, like even reply at times when you expect least. They have a great deal of knowledge being HT patients themselves and they would clear every minute of your doubts that too multiple times. That includes pre and post op queries.

Anyways here comes the big day, I got up got ready took a shower, Dr,Bhatti's driver came to pick me up and went to the clinic. I changed into their clothes and Dr.Bhatti drew the final hairline, we agreed on that and he shaved my head.

Then the process of harvesting started. I had some pain when the anesthesia was being given locally to me, but apart from that there was not much pain. Dr.Bhatti did the harvesting and his staff counted the grafts. He came in again and then reharvested the grafts. upon the final count, he assessed that to attain maximum density even 2000 was not enough for that area, so he harvested 135 more grafts and the final count of grafts reached 2135.

After that he went away, I had lunch (they would ask you to preorder a pizza from pizza hut). Then after that planting process started, where three technicians were planting the grafts, one was providing and two were planting. They were friendly as such, but until a point as I guess I started asking too many questions :P

Dr.Bhatti was walking in to check on the progress sometimes.

I stayed the next two days and now I am back in Boston, with a week to the surgery.

Graft count : 2135

Triples : around 700

Doubles : around 1100

Singles : around 400

Since the members here are so senior and experienced, can you please comment on my procedure and what you all think.

Thank you :)

IMG_0603.JPG.38800ade416ada15a6d0f46e40e68f21.JPG

IMG_0604.JPG.1184d6124fe539dd6da24ec681b43c07.JPG

IMG_0610.thumb.JPG.56680f89e13d9cc330f8644d08fdf8db.JPG

IMG_0588.thumb.JPG.0cd103944ca20da19570371327ea0725.JPG

IMG_0611.thumb.JPG.bdd2a98665304b37ac76cd435b6bafc1.JPG

IMG_0615.thumb.JPG.6d274cfb9dcbfc7692a27741f53c83cb.JPG

Edited by vermaj

I believe he is the best surgeon in India

Ha, I probably should have read more carefully. I was just curious why you went to India as opposed to choosing a closer surgeon (e.g., Bernstein, Rahal, Feller/Bloxham, etc.)? Looking forward to seeing your updates in the coming months.

I was just curious why you went to India as opposed to choosing a closer surgeon (e.g., Bernstein, Rahal, Feller/Bloxham, etc.)? Looking forward to seeing your updates in the coming months.

I have family in India, so I went to see them and on the same trip I had my HT.

Also the main reason was cost. I consulted some doctors here (like Bosley) and they gave me an estimate of $5/graft for FUE. Dr.Bhatti is really renowned for his work and is being consistent in producing results. His cost was around 1.32$/graft, so was much cheaper.

Btw just out of curiosity, do you know what rates the doctors you mentioned offer or the one you went to ?

I have family in India, so I went to see them and on the same trip I had my HT.

Also the main reason was cost. I consulted some doctors here (like Bosley) and they gave me an estimate of $5/graft for FUE. Dr.Bhatti is really renowned for his work and is being consistent in producing results. His cost was around 1.32$/graft, so was much cheaper.

Btw just out of curiosity, do you know what rates the doctors you mentioned offer or the one you went to ?

I've heard India is a good place to get FUE as balding is a fairly big deal culturally over there so the demand is high. Not sure if that is true though.

Good call avoiding Bosley. $1.32/graft is incredibly cheap so I'm assuming that even with flights yours was less expensive than mine. I hadn't heard of Dr. Bhatti before but I only looked at docs in North America as travelling abroad seemed like a pain in the butt. From looking at his website I'm pretty sure I actually watched one of his YouTube videos at one point. Not that many results on his website, but he uses the Harris SAFE system with a .8 mm punch which is what was used in my procedure too.

My doc was $7/graft which was consistent with the other coalition docs that I contacted for quotes.

I've heard India is a good place to get FUE as balding is a fairly big deal culturally over there so the demand is high. Not sure if that is true though.

Good call avoiding Bosley. $1.32/graft is incredibly cheap so I'm assuming that even with flights yours was less expensive than mine. I hadn't heard of Dr. Bhatti before but I only looked at docs in North America as travelling abroad seemed like a pain in the butt. From looking at his website I'm pretty sure I actually watched one of his YouTube videos at one point. Not that many results on his website, but he uses the Harris SAFE system with a .8 mm punch which is what was used in my procedure too.

My doc was $7/graft which was consistent with the other coalition docs that I contacted for quotes.

Hi baldlivematter,

Congratulations on getting your HT done. We wish you all the best.

India has definitely become a major hub for all kinds of medical tourism and HT is also way up there in that list. As you would know from your research, cost of the HT should be considered as one of the factors for choosing the HT Surgeon but certainly not the first and/or the only factor. The Surgeon's skill and past Patient results should carry more weight. That said, for the record, the return flights to India, hotel, food etc. should cost within $2000. Travel to India definitely involves a long flight but the travel itself is not too bad. Some airlines offer direct flights from the US to New Delhi, India (from San Francisco SFO, New Jersey). India made its visa application process very easy for US Citizen.....just an online application and a printout to carry with you.

Happy New Year 2017.

Best regards,

California

DarlingBuds FUE's profile photo 

North America Representative and Patient Advisor for:
Dr. Tejinder Bhatti, Darling Buds Hair Transplant Center, Chandigarh, India.

Disclaimer: I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

Vermaj: I will say that that is a pretty aggressive lowering of your hairline. I think you will look much younger but recognize you will likely need more work in the future as your MPB progresses over time, even if you take meds. Keep us posted!

Vermaj: I will say that that is a pretty aggressive lowering of your hairline. I think you will look much younger but recognize you will likely need more work in the future as your MPB progresses over time, even if you take meds. Keep us posted!

Hey Louisjams,

Yes I guess I have a big overhead so this will be a factor.

I hope I pass atleast 5 years with this and yes you are right I might need another HT for my other area after this .

I will keep counting on propecia and minoxidil till then.

Fingers crossed

Woah baldlivesmatter $7/graft seems a lot steep.

But as far as results are concerned, I hope you be a winner.

It seems yes (and have seen this before) but hope your hair caliber can make up for it.

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

Guys, with all due respect, is this negativity really warranted? Vermaj is 11 days post-op and already doubts are being created in his mind about the outcome of his HT procedure!! This is not good for the Patient's morale and will unnecessarily stress him out.

He and his HT Surgeon had a good understanding of what we wants to accomplish and I am sure that he will be happy with his final results. Can we please hold off on making judgements so soon after his procedure.

Thank you,

California

DarlingBuds FUE's profile photo 

North America Representative and Patient Advisor for:
Dr. Tejinder Bhatti, Darling Buds Hair Transplant Center, Chandigarh, India.

Disclaimer: I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

Vermaj,

Congrats from a fellow Dr. Bhatti patient! Don't stress about your procedure. Dr. Bhatti is highly skilled and has tremendous enthusiasm for his work. He knows what he's doing.

Keep us posted on your progress!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Guys, with all due respect, is this negativity really warranted? Vermaj is 11 days post-op and already doubts are being created in his mind about the outcome of his HT procedure!! This is not good for the Patient's morale and will unnecessarily stress him out.

Thanks California, I am positive about the results :)