SMP in London

Can anybody suggest a renowned SMP place in London?

Also, 3 SMP sessions within 2 weeks.. is that doable? too rushed?

If it were me, I would make the 2 hour drive to Brandwood Clinic in Shirley, West Midlands.

Simon and Paul are 2 of the most skilled and experienced practitioners you will find and I don't think you will find anyone better than them. Not sure what their pricing is though but I'd imagine they are reasonably priced.

I would also check out Vinci Hair Clinic in London.

I believe those are your two best options but do some research on all providers in or near London (HIS Hair, Skalp, etc.) b/c that region is saturated with providers.

As far as 3 sessions in 2 weeks, that may be a bit of a stretch. I'd say realistically your timeline for completion would be somewhere in the one to two month range.

If it were me, I would make the 2 hour drive to Brandwood Clinic in Shirley, West Midlands.

Simon and Paul are 2 of the most skilled and experienced practitioners you will find and I don't think you will find anyone better than them. Not sure what their pricing is though but I'd imagine they are reasonably priced.

I would also check out Vinci Hair Clinic in London.

I believe those are your two best options but do some research on all providers in or near London (HIS Hair, Skalp, etc.) b/c that region is saturated with providers.

As far as 3 sessions in 2 weeks, that may be a bit of a stretch. I'd say realistically your timeline for completion would be somewhere in the one to two month range.

Hey thanks for your reply. How much do they charge? I've emailed Vinci Hair Clinic.

Hey thanks for your reply. How much do they charge? I've emailed Vinci Hair Clinic.

I'm not sure how much Brandwood charges but im sure if you email them they'll give you a quote.

Vinci is a great choice as well. If I were in London I'd go with one of those two places for sure.

PS: Temporary SMP is not my personal preference so I'm not real knowledgeable regarding providers of Tricho Pigmentation in the London area, but there are plenty of other guys on this forum who can steer you in the right direction if that is an avenue you are interested in exploring.

Edited by HairingIsCaring

Would you not prefer temp SMP ( tricopigmentation ) ?

Hi. I contacted a clinic in Delhi (closest to me) and they told me that I qualified for HT but not for Temp SMP which was a big wtf because I've already had HT done and I'm not completely bald (Norwood 6/7). Haven't really bothered finding out about it.

What's the advantage of Temp vs Perm? Because from my understanding, cost is the same and temp actually only lasts upto 3 years.

I'm not sure how much Brandwood charges but im sure if you email them they'll give you a quote.

Vinci is a great choice as well. If I were in London I'd go with one of those two places for sure.

PS: Temporary SMP is not my personal preference so I'm not real knowledgeable regarding providers of Tricho Pigmentation in the London area, but there are plenty of other guys on this forum who can steer you in the right direction if that is an avenue you are interested in exploring.

What about HIs hair? I'm not sure if 2 hour drive from London will be feasible as I can only be there for upto 10 days.. (that means 2 days set aside for the procedure alone).

What about HIs hair? I'm not sure if 2 hour drive from London will be feasible as I can only be there for upto 10 days.. (that means 2 days set aside for the procedure alone).

Yea, HIS Hair are really kind of the pioneers of scalp micropigmentation in the sense that they were the first to make SMP somewhat mainstream and offer the treatment exclusively.

I would say that they would do a good job most likely, especially in a location like London....If you were going to one of their less reputable clinics in a location in the U.S. or Canada I would be less confident, but anywhere in the UK should be good.

Reading the HIS forum over the years I have noticed a recurring theme of poor customer service reported by clients, as well as results fading rather quickly, so those two things would concern me if I was thinking of choosing HIS. However, though they can be slow in resolving issues (like fading, or other general complaints) they always seem to work things out for the client if some unfortunate circumstances should arise (and these opinions I've formed are all based on what I have read on their forum, not from any personal experience)

On the plus side, their website states:

What is the normal schedule that HIS follows for multiple treatments? The common pathway to being treated, is to have your initial treatment on a certain date with your second treatment five (5) to seven (7) days later, and with your third treatment five (5) days after that. Any following treatments we would try to schedule roughly thirty (30) days after that to assess overall fading and density levels.

so you could potentially complete 3 sessions within a two week time period.

Brandwood Clinic's two practitioners, Simon Lane and Paul Clarke, are both former HIS Hair employees/technicians, and they are known to have been the best HIS Hair techs and among the best in the industry.

If it were me, assuming the price quote is good and you like what you hear in the consultation, I would try to make it work traveling 2 hours to Brandwood in Shirley, West Midlands b/c if you go there you know you will have either Simon or Paul doing your treatment, and I just don't think you can find anyone better than either of those two guys.

But either way, I think HIS or Vinci would do a good job as well. All three places are very reputable.

If you go for HIS and Vinci make sure they don't make your hairline too low. I see a quite a few results from them where they lowered it too much imo.

Totally agree....when the hairline is too low, and too straight for that matter, it looks fake and kind of goofy. That is certainly something to stay away from, but I have also seen plenty of examples from Vinci and HIS that showed softer and more natural looking hairlines.

• 2 weeks later...