which surgeon in Turkey - AEK or De Resat Altug Aktas

sheikhemaar

Hi folks,

I have been losing hair for over 5 years now. It has never worried me before to a great deal. However, in the last 12 months the rate of hair loss seems to have accelerated somewhat. I've always played with the idea of getting FUE done but never really considered it up until now.

I have had a few quotes from Dr Erdogan, Dr Hakan Dognay, Dr Ali Emre Karadeniz and Dr Resat Altug Aktas.

Now the first 2 are universally known, and their prices are considerable higher than what Dr AEK and Dr Resat Altug Aktas have quoted me.

I have decided I will opt for for Either Dr Ali Emre Karadeniz or Dr Resat Altug Aktas.

Has anyone recently had FUE done by either of the surgeon and can they advise on their results etc.

It would be much appreciated.

thanks

I had my transplant with Dr Resat Altug just on 2 years ago when he was with Longevita I think he is no longer with them ..You need to be aware he operates basically is a tech clinic all he does is the draw the hairline and meds ,he does supervise the actual operation by looking in about 3 times to make sure everything is going OK but the techs do everything from extractions incisions inserting the grafts, in saying that I am more than happy with my result. I had extensive hair-loss NW 5-6 ,4200 FUE grafts will only go so far .As far as i know Dr Karadeniz does most of the work himself ,I guess it comes down to are you willing to take a risk like I did and let techs do the work ,most people on this site would advise you to go with a recommended Doc ,and rightly so ,for my second transplant I want a qualified Doc to do the work.

I was a bit naive to be honest but thank god it worked out OK for me, best of luck with whoever you decide to go with.

Hi here are a few pics pre and post op. First one obviously pre-op basically bald part from some miniaturised hairs stubbornly hanging on, second one 3 months post op hair just starting to grow, third one pre-op hairline ,4th pic showing how bald my crown was about 3 months post op, the ,5th pic showing my donor taken about 2 weeks ago nearly 2 year post op ,6 th pic 14 month post op, nice to be able to use a comb again, last pic not great quality but you can see pretty good density ,in most lighting situations it look pretty good including daylight ,hoping second transplant will just thicken up mid-scalp and maybe add some density to the front if possible

Bear in mind I'm 54 not taking any meds just saw palmetto and biotin 5mg

5b32f0ceddc37_Photoon17-11-2014at21_193.jpg.b0e7deb5d1b7b61d539d3bad8d7c34b6.jpg

5b32f0cf081e3_Photoon06-04-2015at12_01.thumb.jpg.64cae142df2e380754e2f2b8f887b7e5.jpg

IMG_0191.jpg.4a51ad2e30e0ebb5769bdcca9805f4a1.jpg

IMG_0115.jpg.72a1d7eeb9b237b030729f942ebf24a9.jpg

5b32f0cfd52ea_Photoon18-12-2016at11_544.thumb.jpg.55a6f3d66e3f7d2a6c391bc1f6d8ac7c.jpg

DSC_0488.thumb.jpg.4388e60b160a8ca88785a91655952078.jpg

5b32f0d022732_Photoon10-11-2016at10_13.jpg.b3b398bc34fd53d338433955125ac1cc.jpg

Edited by Mick50

Hi Mick, that hair growth looks awesome.

Has it been 2 years since you have had operation?

Did he not advise you to take propecia to stop further hair loss?

Thanks sheikemaar, yes 2 years exactly on the 6th Jan 2017

Yes Dr Resat advised Propecia but I told him I didn't want to take it ,at 52 when I had transplant my hair was pretty stable OK some miniaturised hair on to which which may have helped but pretty much all the hair at the front and on top is transplanted hair ,the whole point in having a transplant is that the hair taken from the donor area is supposed to be DHT resistant ,the amount of hair i had on top pre-op was so thin i really don't think it was worth taking propecia as it didn't offer any cosmetic value literally 200-300 whispy hairs .

All I can say at this point 2 years post op the transplanted hair is still going strong and a second one will finish the job ,regarding the techs that did the work they were obviously competent and professional ,I was showing concern about something when they were working I think I thought they were transplanting in the wrong area or something ,one of the techs said don't worry your hair will be perfect, OK it's not perfect but pretty damn close considering how bald I was.

Pretty amazing when you think about it 1750 pounds including hotel [2 nights] and airport transfers to get 10 years back a friend of mine who I hadn't seen for a year was amazed

saying it took 10 -15 years off me, not the main reason I dit it actually, hair loss didn't bother me that much until my mid forties because I still had some hair on top it wasn't until I couldn't use topic anymore that I decided to go for it, I couldn't live with the horse-shoe look even if I don't go for a second one I've avoided that.

I have NEVER seen a crown fill in from photo 4 to subsequent like that! I think that is too good to be true myself...

I realise in looking at it that it may appear so, you must remember photo 4 was in harsh lighting and at 3 months the hair was only beginning to grow in the front, the crown actually took longer to grow probably the 5-6 month it started to grow Im still going to need a second transplant to fill the crown in ,I showed that photo really to highlight my donor area ,

as a lot of people are concerned how it looks after a large FUE , the lighting in the 5th pic

doesn't show properly the crown ,I'll get one up which is clearer ,probably going to need about

2-500 grafts to finish the job

Edited by Mick50

I have NEVER seen a crown fill in from photo 4 to subsequent like that! I think that is too good to be true myself...

These are a few pics taken today of my crown and donor just on 2 year post op

I hope this allay your fears Mikey1970 that there is some nefarious trickery going on with my pictures ,all taken with natural light coming through the window in my living room ,I would appreciate if you could expand your suspicions that 'it is too good to be true' as i'm not really sure where you are coming from.

Second pic with flash 1st and second without, camera Nikon D3300 4th pic about 3-4 months post op before growth started to kick in.

Of course lighting plays its part the last pic shows the crown thinning better but compared to pre op there's a huge difference , needs cutting but as you can see 4200 FUE grafts haven't really left a mark, if I'm being ultra critical the right hand side maybe slightly overharvested but it's not really noticeable unless it's really short nothing to worry about , but I don't want any more grafts taken from there so it limits how many grafts can be taken ,but I'm still sure there's at least 2000 grafts available ,it's a bit of a balance getting the homogeneity with the donor and the recipient I really don't want to risk my donor area looking moth -eaten.

Just to recap 4200 FUE grafts 2 years ago.

DSC_0001.thumb.jpg.da3e0904851397998b6d8f66ccd306d1.jpg

DSC_0019.thumb.jpg.e9624953da2047e5c23bed9e3a83499a.jpg

DSC_0096.thumb.jpg.4affb17aad30673836aa5ec12af369f2.jpg

IMG_0115.jpg.ce18f3dff7267cfcdbd09ef51fb76413.jpg

DSC_0063.thumb.jpg.88a0b28596ecc4e1ef27a5f316f3cd09.jpg

DSC_0030.thumb.jpg.7775e36f8a17ae94bfcaff6310ffef60.jpg

DSC_0047.thumb.jpg.8b54e9410629cd73e9e33c3dbd5795c7.jpg

Edited by Mick50

Righteo - I understand now that the lighting had a lot to do with it. Still looks like you have had a dramatic improvement. All the best with any future work you have done.

Yes a big improvement, looks better when shorter hitting the barbers this week. overdue a hair cut.

• 1 month later...