baldlivesmatter transplant experience with Dr. Jim Harris

This is a disappointing overall yield for sure. However, I am glad to see Dr. Harris is standing by his work, and that you do have options going forward. I commend you for sticking around and keeping everyone on this forum updated; many would simply vanish and never post again in situations like this. Please do let us know how you decide to approach this going forward.

Ugh, this sucks.....I feel for you, baldlivesmatter.

Also, sorry but not sorry.....I think this whole "the doctor will make it right" excuse I hear from time to time on poor results is a cop-out. It's one thing to hear that from a surgeon who did surgery and you had a 95% great result but maybe there was a small little touch-up needed. Surgeon says "I will make it right." That's a good surgeon. Little touchups happen are are normal. "Hey, I ordered a burger without onions and it has onions on it." "Oh, no problem, we will make you another burger without onions."

However, hearing that line from a surgeon who produced an overall POOR result.....it means nothing. Why would you ever consider going back to someone who demonstrated they didn't the surgery as a whole very well? "Hey, come back to my restaurant....I know you had food poisoning for a week after and almost died but I promise our food will be better this time". Yeah, OK.

Like some have said.....1700 is a small amount of your donor (and you look to have a nice caliber of hair) so at least you didn't waste many grafts and luckily you didn't get FUT and have a scar and a poor result. Christ, call Dr. Konior or one of other 3-4 top-notch surgeons tomorrow and be sure of your result this time. STOP CUTTING CORNERS PEOPLE! You not only waste your time and money but your donor when you pick people B-list surgeons. It's 2018, do you want Tom Cruise in your movie or do you want Jean Claude Van Damme?

I realize you said you researched several surgeons and went with the one you went with. However, I'm not sure what factors you based this on to make you pick him out of the others you could have went to. I'm not saying Harris is horrible....you said a friend of your's went to him and it looked good. However, this is what separates the A list from the B list. The A listers might have 1 bad result a year (likely due to patient physiology).....the B listers are going to have significantly more. How lucky are you feeling to test the odds?

• Administrators

@Mikeyhwk, please can you update your email address? You have a load of subscribed topics and all the email notifications are bouncing back to admin:

Action: failed

Final-Recipient: rfc822;mikeymike@fastmail.fm

Remote-MTA: dns; in1-smtp.messagingengine.com

Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 550 5.1.1 : Recipient address rejected: User unknown in virtual mailbox table

Keeping your email address up to date, will certainly ensure you are updated regularly.

Thanks

Hans

Webmaster