Does this strip scar look ok ?

Its been 7 months and one week.

There are other areas of the scar that look better where more hair has grown through.

Thanks in advance.

So you had a try-closure technique done from your FUHT procedure? If so, give it a full year to see if you get any more hair growing through it. The scar itself looks very clean IMHO.

I would also not recommend a revision but rather you could have some FUE grafts placed into it if you want to wear your hair much shorter such as a buzzed cut.

Congrats on your recent procedure....;)

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

For some reason the old wives tale of Fue and Feller never seems to die, perhaps maybe because at one time he was the only one in N. America performing FUE (he did some amazing FUT results previously including on some veteran posters here).

At $10 graft for FUE you can certainly find better options out there for Fue scar repair, especially considering the doc is already retired.. (woops seems he's still active)

Edited by hsrp10

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

Just wanted to clarify a rumor here -- without becoming involved in the discussion -- because I've now seen it posted twice on the forums:

Dr. Feller is definitely not retired.

Dr. Blake Bloxham is recommended by the Hair Transplant Network.

Hair restoration physician - Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation

Previously "Future_HT_Doc" or "Blake_Bloxham" - forum co-moderator and editorial assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, Hair Restoration Network, Hair Loss Q&A blog, and Hair Loss Learning Center.

Click here to read my previous answers to hair loss and hair restoration questions, editorials, commentaries, and educational articles.

Now practicing hair transplant surgery with Coalition hair restoration physician Dr Alan Feller at our New York practice: Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation.

Please note: my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

IMHO, Dr. Feller is not against FUE.

Reading many of his posts in the various hair loss communities, he was distinguishing between some of the drawbacks of FUE as compared to FUHT methods. Obviously either method requires experience and skill.

His contributions are more educational and informational and what I found to be very helpful. The same goes for Dr. Blake...;)

Both methods have their place. FUE is not for everyone and neither is FUHT.

Gillenator

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Thanks Gillenator,

I will give it a few more months to see how it progresses. I have all ready contacted Dr Feller as he will be my choice If I decide to FUE into this...........:)

Cool... I think you will find more growth through the scar as time passes...:cool:

Gillenator

It's hard to tell because you lift it up. And glad to hear Dr. Feller isn't against FUE. It worked out great for me. :-)

Richter101 is a former patient of Dr. Parsa Mohebi

Born Oct ’89

Began Seeing Gradual Hair Loss Oct ’09

Began Seeing Gradual Hair Gain June ’15

My regimen includes:

HT #1 2200 (ARTAS- FUE) grafts at Parsa Mohebi Hair Restoration in Los Angeles in 2016

Finasteride daily, since 2014

Rogaine experimenter from 2012- ’13 RIP

Planning HT #2 By End of This Year :)