State of the website is bad and aged

Ryan Daj

This is an abrupt thing to say, but this website does not look good, and this is horrible because of what an amazing resource it is.

After getting into a disagreement with someone on a different website, I made the decision that I am not going to refer people to this page anymore, because it feels scammy, although I know it's not.

The same few photos have appeared across the marquee for nearly a decade, and the sidebar looks the same as well, the photos are clearly dated and the animated results at the top are clearly photoshopped. Additionally, the links across the sidebar appear in all kinds of different fonts, giving the page an amateurish (mid 2000's) look.

This site has helped me tremendously to find transplant surgeons, but the overall look is decidedly detracting from the apparent legitimacy of the site at this point.

5xMYfCq.png

I will admit some of it's old including the gifs but for the veteran posters out there like myself there's some ol' familiarity about it that I like.

Honestly I don't think it effects how hair restoration information is relayed.

Didn't you make a similar post a few years ago btw?

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/175772-sites-banner-has-least-one-photoshopped-photo.html

The one big issue I have with the site in this day and age is that https is not used for log in.

I would use very long passwords (brute force pw attack) and don't use any real words or words that can be found in dictionaries (dictionary pw attack) for your pws.

Edited by hsrp10

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

What kind of disagreement caused you to not want to refer people to this site?

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

It has been more than 8 years since our last major revisions to the community. Big changes are in the works and have been for a couple of years now. Bill and our webmaster Hans have been collaborating with developers to create an entirely new site. However, I do not have details on when that will launch. It shouldn't be too much longer.

Edited by David - Moderator

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

I think an update is needed but still think this is a very active site with lots of good info.

One Suggestion would be to design via bootstrap. It's important all handheld devices can support the forum esp when you are typing long posts. The dialogue box needs to have a scroll bar. This is evident when using iphone and Safari web browser.

Customizable color schemes and themes would be nice too.

It's nice to hear that changes are acoming. A refreshed website is always a welcome improvement. However, at it's core, it's the people that come here and participate that make the difference.

I'm serious.  Just look at my face.

My Hair Regimen: Lather, Rinse, Repeat.