5000 grafts FUE - 13th/14th December - Asmed Dr Erdogan

DEB1982

Congratulations!

Looking VERY good I must say. It calms my nerves a bit to see such improvements between month 6-8. It's been 3 months from my HT with Asmed and I've been getting a bit anxious as I feel others have had more growth at 3 months.

I can't see it from the pictures, how is the crown looking? Has it filled up completeley?

5008 Grafts FUE - Dr Koray Erdogan / Asmed - May 24-25th 2017

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/187082-5008-grafts-dr-koray-erdogan-asmed-may-24-25th-2017-a.html

Hair Regime:

Propecia 1mg / day

Ketoconazol ratiopharm shampoo 2x a week

N2 Caffeine Shampoo EOD

Life / Bodybuilding Regime

ZMA 3 tablets / day

Omega 3-6-9 1000mg / day

Vitamin D-3 50 uq / day

Collagen 6,000 mg / day

Multivitamins

Thanks for your update and for your excellent account of your experience so far. Such a detailed ongoing report helps many of us make informed decisions about how we should proceed. You deserve your great result!

Cheers, appreciate it.

This is honestly one of my favorite results because your new hairline improved your appearance dramatically.

Thanks for keeping us updated, looking great and happy to see you're still seeing progress even at this point. Makes me VERY excited for this time next year at which point I will hopefully have my own results to show off from ASMED.

I think I've still got a fair bit to come as well. Can still see lots of very thin hairs.

Congratulations!

Looking VERY good I must say. It calms my nerves a bit to see such improvements between month 6-8. It's been 3 months from my HT with Asmed and I've been getting a bit anxious as I feel others have had more growth at 3 months.

I can't see it from the pictures, how is the crown looking? Has it filled up completeley?

I think the truth is that it is our expectations that need to be managed as everyone grows at different rates. I've been a much more gradual grower than others. I think I still have some more to come as well.

First Transplant: 5000 FUE grafts with Dr Koray Erdogan ASMED, December 2016

First Hair Transplant link: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/185564-5000-grafts-fue-13th-14th-december-asmed-dr-erdogan.html

Hair loss regime

Propecia 1mg daily

Saw Palmetto 450mg daily

Biotin 1000ug daily

MSM 1500mg daily

Pumpkin Seed Oil 1000mg daily

1% Nizoral shampoo weekly

Lasercomb x 3 weekly

For everyone out there at 6 months and worrying about further improvements in density please take a look at this photo which shows my transplanted hair line at month 6 and then at month 8. A considerable improvement.

I agree with others that you shouldn't form an opinion on the success of the procedure until at least 12 months maybe even 18.

My crown is taking a longer time to fill in completely but it is still improving which shows this area does take more time. I still have many see through hairs which shows that each individual follicle has it's own timeline to follow as well. They don't all pop and mature together.

I've also been told by Asmed that the multiple hair follicles come through initially as one hair and then regrow in their multiples thereafter. I'm expecting further improvements over the next few months hopefully.

hairy.thumb.jpg.c14c471ed82024a4853b6b15a9d8a86c.jpg

First Hair Transplant link: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/185564-5000-grafts-fue-13th-14th-december-asmed-dr-erdogan.html

Hair loss regime

Propecia 1mg daily

Saw Palmetto 450mg daily

Biotin 1000ug daily

MSM 1500mg daily

Lasercomb x 3 weekly

• 3 weeks later...

9 Month Post Op

9 months yesterday. Where has that time gone. It really does all go by so quickly. I've had some more maturation over the past month and I'm now starting to let my hair grow a little longer. I still have some new hairs that have appeared as I can see them in the hair line so don't let anybody tell you that there is no further growth after 6 months.

I'm expecting maybe another 15% in density over the next 3 to 9 months as my hair has been both slower to grow and mature than others. I know I am going to need another small procedure for my desired density in the front and crown, I'm thinking no more than 1500 grafts hopefully but let's see what the next 9 months brings first.

I've just booked to go back to Asmed in December for a 12 month check up and consultation. So very excited about that!

Pics of wet, damp and dry hair with a fringe pushed back one. Update next month!

IMG_8910.thumb.jpg.7a008a340e33f61fc6d8508d27538a91.jpg

IMG_8914.thumb.jpg.18b00e96317346406d04671d4f61daf5.jpg

IMG_8915.thumb.jpg.3068247bfb0692112a5eddcd2caaacbb.jpg

IMG_8916.thumb.jpg.9e912f8bd155d5eddb9c3542b6c8f096.jpg

IMG_8917.thumb.jpg.150c72f6f9d6078c7f457f9ee5f10eaa.jpg

IMG_8918.thumb.jpg.8329588c4b6dad44e94d9d22182e0204.jpg

Hair loss regime

Propecia 1mg daily

Saw Palmetto 450mg daily

Biotin 1000ug daily

MSM 1500mg daily

Lasercomb x 3 weekly

Just so you can realise how far I've actually come in 9 months. This is my pre-op against last nights photo. I've put the brightness up all the way on my 9 month pic to see if I could see any scalp and I can't apart from the crown area.

Actually unreal how much more hair I have!

IMG_8924.thumb.jpg.0f0b2bbdf9070c5217df8cbe349587e1.jpg

Hair loss regime

Propecia 1mg daily

Saw Palmetto 450mg daily

Biotin 1000ug daily

MSM 1500mg daily

Lasercomb x 3 weekly

Hi

Ive asked this question of JustJax also but would like your thoughts as well please.

Im just over 6 months since my 3200 Asmed procedure and have question.

I still have a sensation under my recipient area, its quite pleasant! Feels a bit like a compact tightness under my scalp (sorry its really hard to explain) but in a way it feels like its hairs that are still trying to find their way out onto my head - which I hope is the case.

Did you find you had this sensation and did you find it stopped once you thought around month 6 or 7 that all your transplanted hair had come through?

Im trying to work out if this feeling is a good thing as it means hairs are still to come through and once it starts to go then most of the hairs have come through.

Thanks

Hi

Ive asked this question of JustJax also but would like your thoughts as well please.

Im just over 6 months since my 3200 Asmed procedure and have question.

I still have a sensation under my recipient area, its quite pleasant! Feels a bit like a compact tightness under my scalp (sorry its really hard to explain) but in a way it feels like its hairs that are still trying to find their way out onto my head - which I hope is the case.

Did you find you had this sensation and did you find it stopped once you thought around month 6 or 7 that all your transplanted hair had come through?

Im trying to work out if this feeling is a good thing as it means hairs are still to come through and once it starts to go then most of the hairs have come through.

Thanks

I think what you are feeling is new hairs coming through. I still have this feeling occasionally but much less than I did at around the 6 month mark. The feeling I get is more like a desire to itch, feels a bit tingly close to what you experience after pins and needles has struck.

I think it just means that things are still happening for you and so they should be at your stage. I'm at month 9 and am still seeing continuous improvement. Remember it's not a one model fits all process and growth will happen at different times for everyone and may not be completed up until 12 months potentially 18 in the crown.

Hair loss regime

Propecia 1mg daily

Saw Palmetto 450mg daily

Biotin 1000ug daily

MSM 1500mg daily

Lasercomb x 3 weekly

Thanks for your reply and yes its hard to gauge someones itchy sensation/tightness with someone else.

Mine hasnt started to subside yet so I am hoping that means there is much more to come through, it certainly feels like hair is wanting to burst through my scalp (if it was ever possible to imagine that sensation) but I will keep positive that the best is yet to come.

Hi again

Just caught my eye that you are going back in December for a visit - what does this entail?

Do you just fly in for the day? Or stay over? I presume you are paying for the flights (and hotel if required) yourself but Asmed are taking care of the transfers?

Is this your own initiative or have Asmed asked you to go back?

I suppose a post op check up is normal in most walks of life but its just the flight to Turkey and not going back to your local hospital that is the difference here.

Ive sent my 6 months pics to Asmed and they want more at 8 months and I am just wondering if I should visit in person?

• 2 weeks later...
Hi again

Just caught my eye that you are going back in December for a visit - what does this entail?

Do you just fly in for the day? Or stay over? I presume you are paying for the flights (and hotel if required) yourself but Asmed are taking care of the transfers?

Is this your own initiative or have Asmed asked you to go back?

I suppose a post op check up is normal in most walks of life but its just the flight to Turkey and not going back to your local hospital that is the difference here.

Ive sent my 6 months pics to Asmed and they want more at 8 months and I am just wondering if I should visit in person?

I’m just going back for a 12 month check up and to hopefully schedule my second procedure. This isn’t mandatory, I just thought it best to do it and would be nice to see the team again.

I’ve paid for it myself yes and they have sorted transfers for me. I guess it depends if you wanted a second procedure or are happy with your results. I can see that I’m going to need some added density across the hair line to be able to style my hair the way I want too.

Hair loss regime

Propecia 1mg daily

Saw Palmetto 450mg daily

Biotin 1000ug daily

MSM 1500mg daily

Lasercomb x 3 weekly

Just a quick post at 9 and a half months. Hair is still thickening but not quite getting the density I want in the hairline to be able to push my fringe back the way I’d like too. I’m ecstatic with the results so far but think I may need another 1000 grafts in the hair line to achieve the style I wanted.

Considering closing my temple a points a little bit when I go next time as well but don’t want to waste grafts unnecessarily. It would just make such a difference to how my face is framed. I should have another 4500 grafts in the bank so I should be covered. Keen to hear what others think about this?

Best decision I ever made doing this! Actually like having my photo taken again! Been a tough 10 months though!

D6EE2E14-DFB1-4919-AC6C-49AE713E09D0.thumb.jpg.0b297f3d052baa81581002b5dc247c1f.jpg

A7A25039-B972-4CC8-B694-D83725D0ABD7.thumb.jpg.edf1000e31aa00adbeb341f179461426.jpg

D9387062-6625-43DB-900D-1EB887D5FAE0.thumb.jpg.f94e68f6c86cfc560588a32923999fd8.jpg

Hair loss regime

Propecia 1mg daily

Saw Palmetto 450mg daily

Biotin 1000ug daily

MSM 1500mg daily

Lasercomb x 3 weekly

I think 99% of hair transplant patients realise that what you're getting from 1 procedure is largely an illusion of density and redesign of hairline shape etc. Clearly a massive improvement already, but there are a lot of good examples where an extra 25-30% density to an already solid result makes a huge difference. Was pretty much set on this 2nd transplant approach from the beginning, but like yourself after one transplant its amazing to not have to worry about your hair wherever you go anymore, so not in a rush.

Also nice that with a second procedure you have a proper hairline to frame your face after having to buzz it down, would make the ugly duckling far less stressful.

I’m just going back for a 12 month check up and to hopefully schedule my second procedure. This isn’t mandatory, I just thought it best to do it and would be nice to see the team again.

I’ve paid for it myself yes and they have sorted transfers for me. I guess it depends if you wanted a second procedure or are happy with your results. I can see that I’m going to need some added density across the hair line to be able to style my hair the way I want too.

Makes sense if you are intending on having a second procedure though from your latest pics I dont think you need one!

I think you have a great result. A second procedure might improve even more, but could also be hair greed. A close up picture with the hairline pulled/styled back (dry) might help us to give you an realistic opinion.

I think 99% of hair transplant patients realise that what you're getting from 1 procedure is largely an illusion of density and redesign of hairline shape etc. Clearly a massive improvement already, but there are a lot of good examples where an extra 25-30% density to an already solid result makes a huge difference. Was pretty much set on this 2nd transplant approach from the beginning, but like yourself after one transplant its amazing to not have to worry about your hair wherever you go anymore, so not in a rush.

Also nice that with a second procedure you have a proper hairline to frame your face after having to buzz it down, would make the ugly duckling far less stressful.

Here are a few photos with the hair pulled back. I don't think it is hair greed. Although i would like more I appreciate what I have now from where I started. I just want to be able to style my hair with my fringe pushed backwards and at the moment I don't think I have enough density to do so. If I use any styling products then it only exacerbates the issue as the hairs clump together.

Any ideas on number of grafts needed? I was hoping to not need more than 1000. It may be that it improves over the next 8 months and I don't need a second pass but from what I've read and seen there isn't a huge cosmetic improvement after month 10.

z1.thumb.jpg.3495fa8fe93c85c570a33193ab0b927f.jpg

z2.thumb.jpg.879092e27a96eb14d5df6bf2782a02ed.jpg

z3.thumb.jpg.50b4c5fa2ce6d421d32af570ade15291.jpg

z4.thumb.jpg.7796acb171d42155f35df9303a180a07.jpg

z5.thumb.jpg.c129d3caf99c761bbd380cbad91d766a.jpg

Hair loss regime

Propecia 1mg daily

Saw Palmetto 450mg daily

Biotin 1000ug daily

MSM 1500mg daily

Lasercomb x 3 weekly

I'm 10 months today but didn't have time to take all my photos this morning. Will post the photos later today.

I did manage to take one and have attached a comparison shot from the previous two months which does show a small improvement in density over the past couple of months. Think I will still need a small touch up but it is still improving so we shall see.

Y1.thumb.jpg.a2ae7eb247b97a626b8384e113879801.jpg

Hair loss regime

Propecia 1mg daily

Saw Palmetto 450mg daily

Biotin 1000ug daily

MSM 1500mg daily

Lasercomb x 3 weekly

I'm 10 months today but didn't have time to take all my photos this morning. Will post the photos later today.

I did manage to take one and have attached a comparison shot from the previous two months which does show a small improvement in density over the past couple of months. Think I will still need a small touch up but it is still improving so we shall see.

I think your results are amazing..but i see your point. Adding / supplementing to your already good investment cant hurt. If you have the time and money to supplement from time to time over the years why not? ...you only live once and its a quick ride! I personally plan on going to the grave with a full head of hair lol...PS maybe it would help if you post a complete "before" pic (as in before ANY HT with your previous hairline) next to your present day transformation pic? Just my 02$ Either way your results your journey has been one that put me on the path to a HT...(coming soon) so i thank you for sharing....

12/11/17 2500 FUE Grafts with Dr. Steven Gable

I think your results are amazing..but i see your point. Adding / supplementing to your already good investment cant hurt. If you have the time and money to supplement from time to time over the years why not? ...you only live once and its a quick ride! I personally plan on going to the grave with a full head of hair lol...PS maybe it would help if you post a complete "before" pic (as in before ANY HT with your previous hairline) next to your present day transformation pic? Just my 02$ Either way your results your journey has been one that put me on the path to a HT...(coming soon) so i thank you for sharing....

Cheers Matty, I appreciate the post and kind words. I am ecstatic with the results and the fact I can now leave the house without having to worry about my hair but I know that with a little added density in the front I can have the hair that I've dreamed of having for the past 10 years and so this is what I'm going to do. The ugly duckling phase will be nowhere near as bad as I have a hairline to work with now.

I will post before and after photos later today. It's been quite a transformation!

Hair loss regime

Propecia 1mg daily

Saw Palmetto 450mg daily

Biotin 1000ug daily

MSM 1500mg daily

Lasercomb x 3 weekly

10 Months Post Op

Density is still improving and I think many of the hairs still look thinner than they should be so I’m hopeful that over the next 10 months this will continue to show some improvements. I am thrilled with where I am today compared to where I started and it is easily the best decision i’ve made. Small things that you take for granted like going swimming or playing football in the rain are all things that I do now without even a second thought and you can’t put a price on your mental well being.

I can’t thank Dr Koray and the Asmed ladies enough. Looking forward to going out there in two months for my 12 month result consultation. First two pics are wet, second two are dry, then my donor and the last two are with my hair pushed back from the front and above.

AB2385B0-6AD4-4A03-9D90-F1F03B411350.thumb.jpg.eba3093bf63a9ab0145e89c600a0273a.jpg

A61ADA55-E4B4-4A5E-BBB6-07F4DC930478.thumb.jpg.60d95485d9d20ce0b1900d26f49aaaa9.jpg

315E1CF7-0857-4773-9B6C-949332899942.thumb.jpg.76efad8ad1b5cb23c100fa0bdaa34302.jpg

B6ADF4BB-7C22-4024-A17F-A8DCEF66DFF1.thumb.jpg.3e41ad92df98a0cdeef52cc90f6f56db.jpg

3DE2BBD6-082F-464F-97D1-319260D78E71.thumb.jpg.2d8007a470ec00ca8453283e1a5b3629.jpg

E46CDE2A-E0B8-434A-A2AB-E8EFE37DE6CF.thumb.jpg.669d8e05678898685f96b873da202a87.jpg

35AA495E-58D4-4068-83CB-2E7E93193835.thumb.jpg.3aa8c0eebc405037efedf54d38500c19.jpg

Hair loss regime

Propecia 1mg daily

Saw Palmetto 450mg daily

Biotin 1000ug daily

MSM 1500mg daily

Lasercomb x 3 weekly

10 Months Post Op

Density is still improving and I think many of the hairs still look thinner than they should be so I’m hopeful that over the next 10 months this will continue to show some improvements. I am thrilled with where I am today compared to where I started and it is easily the best decision i’ve made. Small things that you take for granted like going swimming or playing football in the rain are all things that I do now without even a second thought and you can’t put a price on your mental well being.

I can’t thank Dr Koray and the Asmed ladies enough. Looking forward to going out there in two months for my 12 month result consultation. First two pics are wet, second two are dry, then my donor and the last two are with my hair pushed back from the front and above.

Looks amazing mate! Look where you've come to where you are now I bet your over the moon with the result congrats mate and enjoy it like you said can't put a price on mental well being

• 4 weeks later...