5000 grafts FUE - 13th/14th December - Asmed Dr Erdogan

DEB1982

So I have reached the 6 month mark and I think it's fair to say that I'm a gradual grower. I'm really happy with the difference from where I was when I started out but I am lacking in density considering I had 5000 grafts. I'm not concerned though and I truly believe that over the next 6 months it will go from strength to strength.

I can still see new hairs appearing and lots of very thin almost see through hairs which once thickened will have a huge cosmetic difference. The big plus is that during my every day life I am just wearing my hair as it dries after the shower and am not conscious of it. For nights out I have added a little fibre and it looks amazing and I've received many compliments. The way it has framed my face has been the biggest difference.

At the half way mark I am very happy and although I have days where I am a little impatient, I am optimistic to see what the next 6 months bring. If I did need a second touch up session it would be minimal and only to add some density to the hairline. Let's hope I don't need to do that!

Switching to monthly updates from here on as well as I want to try and stop analysing it so much as think that stops me appreciating how far I've come.

I've added lots of photos. The last two are of it blow dried back as someone asked for one of those and the last is how I style it with a little bit of fibre in it. I'm hoping my final result looks something like that! It now takes me 5 minutes to do my hair, not 45 minutes!!

That looks amazing! Especially considering where you've come from, you look great.

So I have reached the 6 month mark and I think it's fair to say that I'm a gradual grower. I'm really happy with the difference from where I was when I started out but I am lacking in density considering I had 5000 grafts. I'm not concerned though and I truly believe that over the next 6 months it will go from strength to strength.

I can still see new hairs appearing and lots of very thin almost see through hairs which once thickened will have a huge cosmetic difference. The big plus is that during my every day life I am just wearing my hair as it dries after the shower and am not conscious of it. For nights out I have added a little fibre and it looks amazing and I've received many compliments. The way it has framed my face has been the biggest difference.

At the half way mark I am very happy and although I have days where I am a little impatient, I am optimistic to see what the next 6 months bring. If I did need a second touch up session it would be minimal and only to add some density to the hairline. Let's hope I don't need to do that!

Switching to monthly updates from here on as well as I want to try and stop analysing it so much as think that stops me appreciating how far I've come.

I've added lots of photos. The last two are of it blow dried back as someone asked for one of those and the last is how I style it with a little bit of fibre in it. I'm hoping my final result looks something like that! It now takes me 5 minutes to do my hair, not 45 minutes!!

Looks amazing for 6 months and you'll certainly get where you want to be very soon, well done mate! Keep the blow dried back pics coming in the following updates please, cheers

Not going to update with any pictures as I said until Month 7 now but for anyone who has concerns about density or growth at around 5 - 6 months as I did, I just wanted to let you guys know that the density has really started to improve the past two weeks and I can still see lots of young immature hairs so I can only imagine it's going to get better. Month 6 - 9, I'm hoping is going to be my game changer!

Slow growers, worry not!

First Transplant: 5000 FUE grafts with Dr Koray Erdogan ASMED, December 2016

First Hair Transplant link: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/185564-5000-grafts-fue-13th-14th-december-asmed-dr-erdogan.html

Hair loss regime

Propecia 1mg daily

Saw Palmetto 450mg daily

Biotin 1000ug daily

MSM 1500mg daily

Pumpkin Seed Oil 1000mg daily

1% Nizoral shampoo weekly

Lasercomb x 3 weekly

• 3 weeks later...

7 Months Post Op

So the past month I have definitely seen some added density and I believe many of the hairs have started to mature. If my hair is pushed forward then I am happy with it but it is still not dense enough in the front to push the hair backwards which is what I would like to do one day.

I can still see some new hairs sprouting and a lot of thin hairs that will mature and add to the illusion so not giving up hope of an improvement just yet.

I have come a long way from where I started but I'm not happy just yet. Maybe hair greed but I want to be able to push my fringe backwards without it being see through. The crown is continuing to fill in but the left side is still see through as you can see.

With fibres it looks perfect but my aim was to be able to stop using them. Asmed have told me to wait for the full 12 months before I draw any conclusions and that I will experience more density and growth over the next few months. I do seem to be a gradual grower so this may be the case.

The positives are that it frames my face brilliantly and I am using much less fibres than I did previously. If it wasn't to improve from here though I would want a second pass to add density in the front and a little in the crown. The fact I am still seeing new hairs, thin hairs and even some black dots in places should hopefully mean that I still have more to come though.

Will update at 8 months.

H4.thumb.jpg.6b78a0b50c07c864d502351d033b1c15.jpg

H5.thumb.jpg.9af2b43fc84df78f3f13584f8bf1776e.jpg

H7.thumb.jpg.45811d0cf2e9285cc79c26f0c1500a76.jpg

H6.thumb.jpg.0ace57838adebe1a30208d61e0028378.jpg

H8.thumb.jpg.678149a5a0a1e1ca5e6ed9b352c65471.jpg

H9.thumb.jpg.f6f2a7b420a35b03014e74245e1e298b.jpg

H10.thumb.jpg.e11ccb282c6cc35953bc226d8ec1da15.jpg

H2.thumb.jpg.0cf91df721ea38e48e0e9aa07ab15972.jpg

H3.jpg.9811a2c5adecd9637465d62f42bf7542.jpg

First Hair Transplant link: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/185564-5000-grafts-fue-13th-14th-december-asmed-dr-erdogan.html

Hair loss regime

Propecia 1mg daily

Saw Palmetto 450mg daily

Biotin 1000ug daily

MSM 1500mg daily

Lasercomb x 3 weekly

Had some time on my hands today so put this together as really made me realise how far I have come and this should be useful for others who don't explode with growth all at once like I didn't.

Can only imagine how good it will look in another 5 months if it looks like this now!

Hairpic.jpg.b19e98da07fcd5999318c642bbf15f04.jpg

• Like 1

Hair loss regime

Propecia 1mg daily

Saw Palmetto 450mg daily

Biotin 1000ug daily

MSM 1500mg daily

Lasercomb x 3 weekly

Fantastic results...prob the best transformation Ive seen on this site...wishing you good growth in the months to come!

Thank you! Really appreciate that!

Hair loss regime

Propecia 1mg daily

Saw Palmetto 450mg daily

Biotin 1000ug daily

MSM 1500mg daily

Lasercomb x 3 weekly

DEB, looking great man! Love the layout of photos you did tracking your progress month to month, you can really see how the density increases each time. My bet is that you continue to see thickening over the next few months, although honestly your hairline at Month 7 is already looking enviable. Wish my own hairline looked like that!

This is the thread that finally made me bite the bullet and book a transplant with Dr. Erdogan. I had my initial online consultation with him over 3 years ago but wasn't really ready to go forward with it then. I also had some reservations about flying to Turkey since I live in NYC and it's a 10-11 hour flight. But after reading this thread, and seeing all of the impressive results ASMED has been pumping out, I finally emailed Sevinj back to book the surgery. Now I'm impatiently waiting to hear back from her!

Had some time on my hands today so put this together as really made me realise how far I have come and this should be useful for others who don't explode with growth all at once like I didn't.

Can only imagine how good it will look in another 5 months if it looks like this now!

Great little complication pic. The difference between the first and the last is amazing. Completely reframes your face. :cool:

Hey Deb, when did you get your first haircut at a barber?

I started getting the back and sides clipped at the end of the first month and then had normal hair cuts after 3 months. This was as instructed by Asmed.

DEB, looking great man! Love the layout of photos you did tracking your progress month to month, you can really see how the density increases each time. My bet is that you continue to see thickening over the next few months, although honestly your hairline at Month 7 is already looking enviable. Wish my own hairline looked like that!

This is the thread that finally made me bite the bullet and book a transplant with Dr. Erdogan. I had my initial online consultation with him over 3 years ago but wasn't really ready to go forward with it then. I also had some reservations about flying to Turkey since I live in NYC and it's a 10-11 hour flight. But after reading this thread, and seeing all of the impressive results ASMED has been pumping out, I finally emailed Sevinj back to book the surgery. Now I'm impatiently waiting to hear back from her!

Thank you and glad I could be of some assistance to you in getting booked up. It is a really hard first 6 months and even now I still have days where I think it's getting worse. Prepare yourself now that it's going to take 12 months post op to see the full results. Best way to be.

Great little complication pic. The difference between the first and the last is amazing. Completely reframes your face. :cool:

Cheers Jax. I just want a bit more density now and then I'll be there. Looking forward to your next update.

Your results look great, and will look even better!

Congratulations, and best of luck going forward!

Happy Patient's Blog

Cheers, appreciate it.

Hair loss regime

Propecia 1mg daily

Saw Palmetto 450mg daily

Biotin 1000ug daily

MSM 1500mg daily

Lasercomb x 3 weekly

• 2 weeks later...
Hey Deb, how's your density coming? I'm about 1.5 months behind you and mine is still very minimal. My hair still looks see through at the moment.

Hey. Mine is improving but it's very slowly. If it's brushed forward or to the side then it looks fine in my opinion. Pushed back and it still looks see through at this stage. I'm hoping for more improvements over the next year though! If not then I'll just have to have a small touch up!

I've come along way from where I was though! I can still see a load of very thin hairs so hopefully will keep getting better!

Hair loss regime

Propecia 1mg daily

Saw Palmetto 450mg daily

Biotin 1000ug daily

MSM 1500mg daily

Lasercomb x 3 weekly

• 2 weeks later...

8 months update coming tomorrow

Been away on holiday for the past 10 days.

But took these two pictures. Density is still improving! Think my coarse hair is helping as well.

These pictures show what an important role light plays. The first one has the flash on and makes my hairline look perfect, the second in natural daylight shows that it still has some thickening to do. I still think it will improve!

Ha2.thumb.jpg.b46a58c8b58e6822a70efa8360918a8a.jpg

Ha1.thumb.jpg.48c2fc1be5c25ec7ac343e1658b25ea3.jpg

Hair loss regime

Propecia 1mg daily

Saw Palmetto 450mg daily

Biotin 1000ug daily

MSM 1500mg daily

Lasercomb x 3 weekly

Hi Deb,

I'm new to the forum. Must say, I have really enjoyed reading your updates and seeing the pictures. I'm booked with Asmed in October for 5000 grafts. Your positive review amongst others tipped me towards Dr Koray. Hopefully I will have 4 weeks post op, off work. Just a bit concerned about the flight home and all the unwanted stares at the airport. Information on being able to wear a loose hat seems a bit misleading. Any thoughts or advise would be welcome. Keep up the updates.

5024 grafts with Asmed Clinic. Dr Koray 25th & 26th Oct 2017

Those who spend their time looking for the faults in others usually make no time to correct their own. –Art Janak

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/187649-countdown-my-hair-transplant.html

Hi Deb,

I'm new to the forum. Must say, I have really enjoyed reading your updates and seeing the pictures. I'm booked with Asmed in October for 5000 grafts. Your positive review amongst others tipped me towards Dr Koray. Hopefully I will have 4 weeks post op, off work. Just a bit concerned about the flight home and all the unwanted stares at the airport. Information on being able to wear a loose hat seems a bit misleading. Any thoughts or advise would be welcome. Keep up the updates.

4 weeks is along time to take off after, you will be heading back to work as the ugly duckling stage is under way. I went back after 10 days as I wanted to show off my new hairline before it had gone.

The flight home wasn't too good for me as I had already started to swell so had a few looks. I didn't cover my head though. There was easily 10 other guys I saw at the airport that had just had a HT. it's very common in turkey. There was 3 of us on the same flight back to Manchester.

Asmed do give you a hat you can wear but it is horrible so I decided not too wear one. A lot of other guys had sweatbands over their foreheads from the clinics they had their HT done.

Honestly you won't care what people think so much because you will be too happy you have actually done it.

Edited by shanson

Hi Shanson,

Guess I will cross that bridge when I come to it. Funnily enough I will be flying into Manchester as well. I've booked a seat at the back, perhaps I just need to adopt the attitude who gives a f**k. Two weeks holiday and two weeks working from home, so can cut it short if I have to. Any advice or tips would be appreciated.

Thanks

J

5024 grafts with Asmed Clinic. Dr Koray 25th & 26th Oct 2017

Those who spend their time looking for the faults in others usually make no time to correct their own. –Art Janak

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/187649-countdown-my-hair-transplant.html

8 Months Post Op

Sorry for the delay in putting these up. I've been on holiday for the past couple of weeks.

I have experienced more thickening the past month and finally starting to feel much more confident about my hair. Everyone is giving me compliments on it and it was the first time I've been able to get my hair wet in a pool and just let it dry and not feel really aware of myself. One of the nicest feelings. Something so many people just take for granted.

With the fringe pushed to the side it looks really strong but pushed up it still needed a bit more density. I can still see some stubble and thin hairs so I am hopeful there is still more to come. My growth has been slow and steady so I'm thinking it will take me the full 12 or even 16 months to see the full effect of the precodure. I would say that up to 6 months I wasn't overly happy but the past two months things have really progressed and I think I have another good few months ahead! Will update in a month!

IMG_8106.thumb.jpg.6c13dd9b40f669dfc64f76a0d5f895f7.jpg

IMG_8107.thumb.jpg.3e92f513650b446d5287396f2fc17f10.jpg

IMG_8109.thumb.jpg.9d024b90bc8a3be7f89c28baba85d15c.jpg

IMG_8110.thumb.jpg.c63f256105aaf63a2643f0568f00d63d.jpg

IMG_8112.thumb.jpg.beaa5f3bfe583de855f70c32e8f69eb8.jpg

IMG_8113.thumb.jpg.3c848164e0319fdebb6de1044a52e443.jpg

IMG_8114.thumb.jpg.8d99345c1d6612293e4f08c572494255.jpg

IMG_8115.thumb.jpg.f83a0b39732ccc094060f4690d6a1e54.jpg

Hair loss regime

Propecia 1mg daily

Saw Palmetto 450mg daily

Biotin 1000ug daily

MSM 1500mg daily

Lasercomb x 3 weekly

This is honestly one of my favorite results because your new hairline improved your appearance dramatically.

Thanks for keeping us updated, looking great and happy to see you're still seeing progress even at this point. Makes me VERY excited for this time next year at which point I will hopefully have my own results to show off from ASMED.