5000 grafts FUE - 13th/14th December - Asmed Dr Erdogan

DEB1982

Hey, front is still looking strong. Can see the shed in the crown but it looks thinner not bald and as you said it's all to be expected. To be honest I was a little freaked when I shed and when I did so really quickly, but I think the advantage of an early and large shed is it'll come back sooner. Good luck at work today, not that you'll need it, I bet any comments will be positive.

Yeah the crown doesn't seem to be growing like the rest of the transplanted hair. As far as I'm aware this is fairly normal though and it takes longer for the crown to grow out.

As you said all comments at work were positive. I took a hat with me just in case but didn't bother with it and even went out for a walk around town at lunch. On the negative side I still have a lot more hair to shed so it still has to get worse yet.

First Transplant: 5000 FUE grafts with Dr Koray Erdogan ASMED, December 2016

First Hair Transplant link: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/185564-5000-grafts-fue-13th-14th-december-asmed-dr-erdogan.html

Hair loss regime

Propecia 1mg daily

Saw Palmetto 450mg daily

Biotin 1000ug daily

MSM 1500mg daily

Pumpkin Seed Oil 1000mg daily

1% Nizoral shampoo weekly

Lasercomb x 3 weekly

3 weeks Post Op

So I have hit 3 weeks and my shedding (which started a few days ago) has been fairly consistent. When showering in the morning I am seeing fifty hairs or so in my hands after shampooing. I have started to see a few gaps where the transplanted hair was implanted. I think I am slowly starting to accept what is happening though.

The vertex area doesn't seem to be growing much at all compared to the frontal and mid scalp areas which are growing at the same rate as my normal hair. Not sure if this is normal but have read posts that state that the vertex grows slower so am hoping this is the case.

Have had a few spots on my head but all have disappeared. My donor area is still at random times a little itchy and I can feel a few spot like lumps.

Most people seem to shed a lot from this week onward so lets see how I fare this week. Have kinda forgotten what my old hairline looked like. Seems we are about to be reacquainted.

hair3.thumb.jpg.77e4f36d63b054aeba4d9c9e2428a3cd.jpg

hair1.thumb.jpg.b57c311dc00a7448f0559e570784bffb.jpg

hair2.thumb.jpg.e7add5f8aa2f4a5dfcb64cd54311f7d8.jpg

First Hair Transplant link: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/185564-5000-grafts-fue-13th-14th-december-asmed-dr-erdogan.html

Hair loss regime

Propecia 1mg daily

Saw Palmetto 450mg daily

Biotin 1000ug daily

MSM 1500mg daily

Lasercomb x 3 weekly

Hey HLS2015 thanks for commenting.

I always had some minor crown thinning from the age of 25 but it really wasn't that bad until only two years ago (I'm 35 now). Then a few things happened. I stopped using my laser comb, I was switched to a generic finasteride instead of propecia and I started using fibres daily and a lot of them. One of these things I believe has really accelerated my hair loss the past two years (especially the crown) as prior to that I was in a much better position. So for that reason I have started with the laser again and switched back to propecia. I've attached two pictures below which were from summer 2014 which show how much thicker my hair was. Excuse the photos as they were all I could find but that's without any concealer. So I have lost a fair bit of ground the past two years. It could well be that the drugs are losing their effect on me in which case I would potentially consider switching to Dut seeing as I've had no sides whatsoever on Fin.

I stopped using Minoxidil about 8 years ago as it didn't seem to be doing anything for me and I didn't lose any ground from stopping either which only confirmed it.

As for it being a 5000 case, Dr Erdogan was confident that given my background and time spent on Procpecia that this would provide me with a cosmetic appearance that I would be more than happy with, need no use of concealer and last me for the next 10 years. I've still got another 4250 grafts in the bank should I need them so I'm hopeful that I'll be in a good position now.

My advice with the laser comb was that it made my hair really thick and healthy which only enhanced the appearance of fullness. Whether it actually regrew any hairs I'm not sure but I am personally confident that it allowed me to maintain what I had and perhaps bought hairs back from the miniaturisation stage. Each to their own though. I stopped using the laser after reading reviews on this forum, in hindsight I should have simply continued to stick to what was working for me. What works for one may not work for another.

Cheers pal, I was pleasantly surprised how I looked with a shaved head so at least I have that option now as I age as I have a decent hair line finally.

hair4.jpg.6280225a7fd062c7543cd2d13113f841.jpg

hair5.jpg.1a9ef3ec96ef5fdac8e3fa11397ede66.jpg

Hair loss regime

Propecia 1mg daily

Saw Palmetto 450mg daily

Biotin 1000ug daily

MSM 1500mg daily

Lasercomb x 3 weekly

He wouldn't say definitively and I doubt any doctors would. From doing my own research though I have seen people experience similar accelerated loss when switching to a generic fin so just keep an eye on it. If you see any further loss then switch back.

Agreed though that the laser comb worked for me. Kick myself now for stopping. Hopefully I can regain some ground now that I'm back on it all.

Hair loss regime

Propecia 1mg daily

Saw Palmetto 450mg daily

Biotin 1000ug daily

MSM 1500mg daily

Lasercomb x 3 weekly

I was taking 1mg branded Propecia before and have been back on this since day 1 of my transplant. I was switched to Aindeem by the Belgravia Centre. I now buy Propecia online myself.

Hair loss regime

Propecia 1mg daily

Saw Palmetto 450mg daily

Biotin 1000ug daily

MSM 1500mg daily

Lasercomb x 3 weekly

DEB1982, just wanted to say thanks for documenting your surgery and ongoing progress, Its looking like it will be one of the really great examples.

I cant see very much redness from your pics today and if you worked in my office I would think you just decided to have a shorter haircut and nothing more.

Best of luck mate!

Cheers pal, appreciate that. I know it is going to get worse though!

Wow you've been really lucky with the redness, hope I'm too, 10 days to go lol

Good luck hkuser, are you at Asmed?

Hey DEB1982,

Your pics look great and I must say you are going to get a great amount of youth with that number of grafts.

BTW, I am on the same boat and just had a transplant 10 days back. Keep posting. Cheers :)

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/185697-2135-frontal-grafts-dr-bhatti-24-th-dec-2016-a.html

Thank you! Likewise I will keep an eye on your updates as well.

Hair loss regime

Propecia 1mg daily

Saw Palmetto 450mg daily

Biotin 1000ug daily

MSM 1500mg daily

Lasercomb x 3 weekly

Cheers pal, appreciate that. I know it is going to get worse though!

Good luck hkuser, are you at Asmed?

Thank you! Likewise I will keep an eye on your updates as well.

Asmed yes and exactly 1 month behind you with similar size procedure, following closely to get a sense of what to expect. Dreaded by the thought of going to work as an ugly duckling but guess will have to tough it thru

Asmed yes and exactly 1 month behind you with similar size procedure, following closely to get a sense of what to expect. Dreaded by the thought of going to work as an ugly duckling but guess will have to tough it thru

You are in good hands there don't worry. Say hello to everyone from Danny when you get out there. I look forward to reading your thread when you start one.

Hair loss regime

Propecia 1mg daily

Saw Palmetto 450mg daily

Biotin 1000ug daily

MSM 1500mg daily

Lasercomb x 3 weekly

I discovered three bright red spots in my vertex area this morning. At first I thought it was blood and was worried I had lost grafts but upon closer inspection could see they were definitely spots. I sent the first attached photo to ASMED and they said all is normal but to let them know if anymore pop up over the next few days. Anyone else experience these and can advise the best way to handle them?

Still shedding but clinging on to the new hair line thank goodness, which I absolutely love by the way. Attached another picture so you can see how it shapes my face now. Such an improvement from where it was, can't wait for it to grow out.

hair1.thumb.jpg.3af961bc54eaa054dbc0000d42130ae3.jpg

hair2.jpg.59d05d86040b0982225b06ed239d0f88.jpg

Hair loss regime

Propecia 1mg daily

Saw Palmetto 450mg daily

Biotin 1000ug daily

MSM 1500mg daily

Lasercomb x 3 weekly

Hope the spots disappear soon. :(

I have just had a response from ASMED quoting me 4000-4500 grafts. Although I'm a bit worried as I don't reckon I'll have a high number of donor hair but who knows. I thought it would be a higher quote as my hair loss and recession seems much worse than your pre-surgery photos.

Amazing hairline btw mate! Really makes a huge difference.

How are you finding things mentally? Do you feel less bothered by the shedding knowing that its temporary? For me constantly dealing with a receding hairline and thinning hair is depressing but is it different knowing that your shedding is temporary and ultimately worth it further down the line?

I discovered three bright red spots in my vertex area this morning. At first I thought it was blood and was worried I had lost grafts but upon closer inspection could see they were definitely spots. I sent the first attached photo to ASMED and they said all is normal but to let them know if anymore pop up over the next few days. Anyone else experience these and can advise the best way to handle them?

Still shedding but clinging on to the new hair line thank goodness, which I absolutely love by the way. Attached another picture so you can see how it shapes my face now. Such an improvement from where it was, can't wait for it to grow out.

Hey buddy looking good !

I had a similar thing with my vertex I had quite a few I was just told it's a good sign of healing and to just leave them and don't scratch them and mine went after a week or so, so don't worry to much, I hit my head there quite a few times nothing major but you know uncomfortable nudge getting in my car sort of hit, and I didn't have any pop or bleed so it should be fine l.

You are in good hands there don't worry. Say hello to everyone from Danny when you get out there. I look forward to reading your thread when you start one.

Certainly, will do. New hairline really suits you. Can you please post a recent pic of top, sides and back when you get a chance? Want to see what to expect for growth of native hairs post op

Hope the spots disappear soon. :(

I have just had a response from ASMED quoting me 4000-4500 grafts. Although I'm a bit worried as I don't reckon I'll have a high number of donor hair but who knows. I thought it would be a higher quote as my hair loss and recession seems much worse than your pre-surgery photos.

Amazing hairline btw mate! Really makes a huge difference.

How are you finding things mentally? Do you feel less bothered by the shedding knowing that its temporary? For me constantly dealing with a receding hairline and thinning hair is depressing but is it different knowing that your shedding is temporary and ultimately worth it further down the line?

It's hard to estimate your own donor supply. I though mine was going to be on the low end and I ended up with over 9000 grafts. Online consultations are very difficult to get correct. Once a Doctor has seen you in person and looked at your hair characteristics he will be much better placed to determine how many grafts are required.

It is tough mentally. The first person today at my office said that my hair is looking a little thin now on top. I knew it already as I shed a ton of hairs this morning. I think the fact that you know it's coming and everyone goes through it helps a little. You just need to keep in your mind the end result and that this short term pain will all be worth it in the end. Plus nobody actually cares what you look like. You expect people to be constantly looking at your hair but they have they obviously don't.

Hey buddy looking good !

I had a similar thing with my vertex I had quite a few I was just told it's a good sign of healing and to just leave them and don't scratch them and mine went after a week or so, so don't worry to much, I hit my head there quite a few times nothing major but you know uncomfortable nudge getting in my car sort of hit, and I didn't have any pop or bleed so it should be fine l.

Thanks for the reassurance. Some of them went away during the day and I feel better now. I was told as you say that is a good sign of healing and growth.

I had my op on 12-17. I have the similar red dots, I assumed just scab healing. But I was worried at first because they are birght red.

Mine are bright red too. I think it is just inflammation where hair is coming through. I've been told to keep it clean and it will resolve itself.

Certainly, will do. New hairline really suits you. Can you please post a recent pic of top, sides and back when you get a chance? Want to see what to expect for growth of native hairs post op

Thanks, although it is starting to become a little patchy now. I have a picture of the top which shows how thin it is becoming now and will upload in my next post. I think I have experienced some shock loss all over.

Hair loss regime

Propecia 1mg daily

Saw Palmetto 450mg daily

Biotin 1000ug daily

MSM 1500mg daily

Lasercomb x 3 weekly

23 Days Post Op

The Shed Continues....

It is relentless. It is also much tougher mentally to deal with than I imagined. When you've been fighting MPB for so long it's tough to have your worst nightmare realised when each morning you are presented with tons of hair in your hands after washing. I'm just trying to keep the end result at the front of my mind. I will be happy once this shed is over though and then at least I know it won't get any worse from there.

The spots I mentioned yesterday went away on their own and I was told that is a normal part of the healing process. I had a new one today in the midscalp and will just let it do its thing.

No pain to speak off but did have some electric type feelings in the donor area yesterday, a bit like pins and needles I suppose. But none so far today.

Here's a picture from this morning where you can see how thin it is becoming! Been told to wait another few days until I can start exercising intensely as well and really looking forward to that as much have put on half a stone these past few weeks.

hair1.thumb.jpg.b1ab4e215b4d738c6405774bbbd3abcb.jpg

Hair loss regime

Propecia 1mg daily

Saw Palmetto 450mg daily

Biotin 1000ug daily

MSM 1500mg daily

Lasercomb x 3 weekly

Hi deb1982,

Just had a read through all your thread and must say it's a well detailed good thread. I had the pleasure of meeting dr koray when I had my first procedure done in Spain with dr Lorenzo they are good friend and share lots of information between them so I'm positive you will get good results. Your approaching the hard part but for me I had two of my three procedures done in December in fact exactly the same time as you this time and the one good thing is January and February is a good time to look the worst as it's the quiet months of the year for heading out so much.

Just a quick question I was told that after 10 days you can exercise again and I am now 25 days post and training as much as always, did dr koray tell you not to train yet or is it just you taking it safe?

Anyhow good luck and happy growing in the spring! I will follow your thread with interest cheers Pma

Hi deb1982,

Just had a read through all your thread and must say it's a well detailed good thread. I had the pleasure of meeting dr koray when I had my first procedure done in Spain with dr Lorenzo they are good friend and share lots of information between them so I'm positive you will get good results. Your approaching the hard part but for me I had two of my three procedures done in December in fact exactly the same time as you this time and the one good thing is January and February is a good time to look the worst as it's the quiet months of the year for heading out so much.

Just a quick question I was told that after 10 days you can exercise again and I am now 25 days post and training as much as always, did dr koray tell you not to train yet or is it just you taking it safe?

Anyhow good luck and happy growing in the spring! I will follow your thread with interest cheers Pma

Thanks for reading through my thread. Likewise I just followed your progress. I'll be lucky to experience growth and density as you have. Dr Koray told me that he and Dr Lorenzo share a lot of information. I believe many of their techniques are similar. Thank you, I am trying to remain hopeful.

I have been told to wait till 4 weeks. I'm 24 days post op so four more days to go. I've read a number of other threads where training is allowed after 2 weeks but I'm going to follow Dr Koray's instructions. I play football at a pretty good standard and he has told me to wait till 2 months before I start heading the ball which was tough to take as means I can't play till mid February. I need to train though as must have put on half a stone what with Christmas and everything.

Cheers pal, will follow your updates too.

Hair loss regime

Propecia 1mg daily

Saw Palmetto 450mg daily

Biotin 1000ug daily

MSM 1500mg daily

Lasercomb x 3 weekly

Sounds tough mate. I think I'll have to deal with this stage when it comes and not let it put me off getting a procedure. As yoy say, it will be worth it very soon.

I bet you cant wait to get back down the gym as well.

Could you use hair fibres to help thicken it up? Or better to leave it be?

23 Days Post Op

The Shed Continues....

It is relentless. It is also much tougher mentally to deal with than I imagined. When you've been fighting MPB for so long it's tough to have your worst nightmare realised when each morning you are presented with tons of hair in your hands after washing. I'm just trying to keep the end result at the front of my mind. I will be happy once this shed is over though and then at least I know it won't get any worse from there.

No pain to speak off but did have some electric type feelings in the donor area yesterday, a bit like pins and needles I suppose. But none so far today.

Here's a picture from this morning where you can see how thin it is becoming! Been told to wait another few days until I can start exercising intensely as well and really looking forward to that as much have put on half a stone these past few weeks.

To be fair this is probably the most demoralizing time. It was around 3-4 weeks with me too and in the space of a week the shed had annihilated my new hairline. However, if you are like me, you'll soon get use to it. If anything, the whole HT has probably made me less conscious about my hair, at least at this stage in time. After walking around the hotel with a shaved head, then post surgery at the hotel, airport etc I quickly stopped caring. In the words of 'Frozen', let it go! :D and accept you have no control of it right now and if its any consultation, I think that the quicker the shed, the quicker you'll see the regrowth.

Day 26 Post Op

Still shedding. The crown is pretty much gone now and it is getting thinner on top still. I'm clinging on to the hair line still but I doubt for much longer. I have pretty much accepted it now but have taken to wearing a cap when I'm out and about. At work and home I'm not so conscious of it as everyone knows. People are still telling me it looks fine but my seven year old son told me this morning that I look a but stupid now and he speaks the truth. I wouldn't feel comfortable going out for the evening with my hair as it is at the moment.

My head is still itchy at times. Mainly the donor area. I am trying my hardest not to scratch it but I have a few times which has caused some redness. I also still have some numbness in the frontal region. Other than that it's all normal. Had a few spots come and go. I do have some redness in the hairline area but very minimal.

I have attached a few photos, one of which is the donor area which has healed as normal. I can cut the donor area this weekend coming and will be buzzing it down to a 1 grade so it blends better with the hair on top and also I'm keen to see if any scarring is visible at that length.

Will update in a few more days!

h1.thumb.jpg.b094896cda804f4274efdf045ed232d1.jpg

h2.thumb.jpg.e645cf3be24414897432d68ccbbf35fa.jpg

h3.thumb.jpg.3493f95a8ce0bbe35c8d0b532e2dd749.jpg

Hair loss regime

Propecia 1mg daily

Saw Palmetto 450mg daily

Biotin 1000ug daily

MSM 1500mg daily

Lasercomb x 3 weekly

Sounds tough mate. I think I'll have to deal with this stage when it comes and not let it put me off getting a procedure. As yoy say, it will be worth it very soon.

I bet you cant wait to get back down the gym as well.

Could you use hair fibres to help thicken it up? Or better to leave it be?

It's not too bad, I have kind of come to terms with it now. I think it's our own impatience but also the fear that we will be one of the few that has a bad yield that constantly plays on your mind.

I was told by Asmed not to use fibres for 3 months. I was quite shocked as their website says after 14 days but I'm just going to do as they instructed me. I think fibres at this point wouldn't do anything anyway. My hair is too short.

To be fair this is probably the most demoralizing time. It was around 3-4 weeks with me too and in the space of a week the shed had annihilated my new hairline. However, if you are like me, you'll soon get use to it. If anything, the whole HT has probably made me less conscious about my hair, at least at this stage in time. After walking around the hotel with a shaved head, then post surgery at the hotel, airport etc I quickly stopped caring. In the words of 'Frozen', let it go! :D and accept you have no control of it right now and if its any consultation, I think that the quicker the shed, the quicker you'll see the regrowth.

I agree that I am much less conscious about my hair. I do seem to be shedding at a similar rate to you so lets hope I get some early growth as you have.

Hair loss regime

Propecia 1mg daily

Saw Palmetto 450mg daily

Biotin 1000ug daily

MSM 1500mg daily

Lasercomb x 3 weekly

Thanks for the reply mate, its useful to know.

Not long til 1 month at least :)

How are the spots?

Spots have pretty much gone now. I get the odd one pop up now and then but they seem to go the next day. It's pretty much business as usual now.

Hair loss regime

Propecia 1mg daily

Saw Palmetto 450mg daily

Biotin 1000ug daily

MSM 1500mg daily

Lasercomb x 3 weekly

4 Weeks Post Op

The past four weeks has actually flown by so I'm hoping the next eight will do the same. My shedding seems to have slowed down massively and I am still clinging on to a few of the transplanted hairs. In the shower I am seeing less hairs in my hand now. Overall I think I have lost about 80% of the transplanted hairs. The crown has gone completely but some in the new hairline remain still. I think I have suffered from a little shock loss on top but it may just be that the hairs are much shorter so seems less dense.

I am wearing at hat now when out in public as not comfortable with how I look but at home / work I am just allowing it. Nobody actually cares.

I have no pain or discomfort now. Apart from a little remaining numbness in the frontal area, everything seems back to normal. My donor area has suffered no shock loss and no scars are visible. I am going to cut it this weekend so will post my next pictures then.

h1.thumb.jpg.54a3e7f7447f5e163715c1ea7ab6cf10.jpg

h2.thumb.jpg.9db86b5d85be41819488ded767bf3a78.jpg

h3.thumb.jpg.d1e91ce8b87d7961c96ac3c583481537.jpg

h4.thumb.jpg.62778878bb99fdaf2e0f2cd034627d90.jpg

Hair loss regime

Propecia 1mg daily

Saw Palmetto 450mg daily

Biotin 1000ug daily

MSM 1500mg daily

Lasercomb x 3 weekly