5000 grafts FUE - 13th/14th December - Asmed Dr Erdogan

DEB1982

looking good man, and congrats on making it to day 10 successfully without issue.

woops, bit too early in my congrats but you're almost there! lol

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

Is it normal for density to look great post op but by day 7-10 most hair shed? I feel like I have seen some people have great looking density by day 10 give or take. My hair shed with scabs after week, not rice size grains which would be grafts but hair with scabs and now my hair that is still waiting to shed rest of hair looks much thinner? is this normal?? my post op looked so high in density and now I feel like I can almost count the hairs on my frontal hairline where transplant was done and I'm 9 days post op.

Is it normal for density to look great post op but by day 7-10 most hair shed? I feel like I have seen some people have great looking density by day 10 give or take. My hair shed with scabs after week, not rice size grains which would be grafts but hair with scabs and now my hair that is still waiting to shed rest of hair looks much thinner? is this normal?? my post op looked so high in density and now I feel like I can almost count the hairs on my frontal hairline where transplant was done and I'm 9 days post op.

Are you saying you think mine looks less dense now than it did before? I don't think there is a huge difference. I think that when the hair starts to grow a little it will also look less dense until it reaches a better length. As you say though you will also shed some hairs as the scabs come away. I still feel like I have kept most hairs at this stage.

I'm new to this as well but from reading lots of reviews over the past few years I think the best advice is to try not to worry now about density as we will only be able to tell after a good few months yet.

In the hope of easing any concerns I think mine looks slightly less dense than it did a few days ago as well but I think as I said that's just the length and perhaps a slight shed. Try not to worry!

First Transplant: 5000 FUE grafts with Dr Koray Erdogan ASMED, December 2016

First Hair Transplant link: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/185564-5000-grafts-fue-13th-14th-december-asmed-dr-erdogan.html

Hair loss regime

Propecia 1mg daily

Saw Palmetto 450mg daily

Biotin 1000ug daily

MSM 1500mg daily

Pumpkin Seed Oil 1000mg daily

1% Nizoral shampoo weekly

Lasercomb x 3 weekly

I have had a bunch of shedding that looks like this I'm post op 9 days. no rice grain graft size things but a bunch of hair/scabs looking ones. this normal or cause for concern?

I've seen lots of other reviews where this happened and they went on to have great results. It looks like you are just shedding hairs with your scabs. If there is no bulb attached to the hair or no blood where the hairs comes out then you are generally safe.

Some people shed early, some later. Some shed all transplanted hairs, some shed only half of them. Each person is different. I have plans for the next 10 days so am hoping to cling on to mine for a little longer yet.

First Hair Transplant link: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/185564-5000-grafts-fue-13th-14th-december-asmed-dr-erdogan.html

Hair loss regime

Propecia 1mg daily

Saw Palmetto 450mg daily

Biotin 1000ug daily

MSM 1500mg daily

Lasercomb x 3 weekly

Day 10 Post Op

I made it and am pleased to report that all the scabs have gone as well. The hair does look a little bit thinner now but I'm hoping that is because I've lost some hairs with the scabs. Vertex area is definitely showing more redness than the frontal area but I have zero pain now. Even the donor area doesn't feel sensitive now.

Now that the scabs are gone I'll post in a few days as doubt much will change until the big shed happens and I think it only fair to spend more time with the family and not this forum seeing as it's christmas.

So on that note I will wish you all a merry Christmas and update in a few days.

IMG_2706.thumb.jpg.294c01d8cb5b13ed8238dbc0d4862a18.jpg

IMG_2707.thumb.jpg.ba194dc3b222638c501f8a1fbf43fd47.jpg

Hair loss regime

Propecia 1mg daily

Saw Palmetto 450mg daily

Biotin 1000ug daily

MSM 1500mg daily

Lasercomb x 3 weekly

Looking fantastic DEB! Great Density. I just had my second procedure on December 22nd and have had a total of 3,000 grafts in the frontal third, but I dont think I have anywhere near the density you have. If you don't mind taking a look at my thread and posting your opinion I'd love to hear it.

2050 Grafts by Dr. Meshkin - Forum By and for Hair Loss Patients

2 weeks Post Op

I hope everyone had an enjoyable Christmas break. It has been 2 weeks now since my procedure at Asmed. The confidence I have felt in the past 2 weeks with my new hair line has only reinforced the decision I made to have this done.

It does look like it is starting to thin out a little bit now and I did notice a few hairs in the shower this morning. The next 10 weeks are going to be a struggle.

The redness has all but gone now and I have no pain at all. I have noticed a few pimples and I still feel itchy in different areas at times. The aloe vera gel is a god send and you can also use it as a styling product.

Will update in a few more days when more hair will have shed no doubt :(

IMG_2747.thumb.jpg.a9e72ab80ec0311497817765dd4e7f4c.jpg

IMG_2749.thumb.jpg.587527bd1ab3b788bf5bf45f5e552d4a.jpg

Hair loss regime

Propecia 1mg daily

Saw Palmetto 450mg daily

Biotin 1000ug daily

MSM 1500mg daily

Lasercomb x 3 weekly

2 weeks Post Op

I hope everyone had an enjoyable Christmas break. It has been 2 weeks now since my procedure at Asmed. The confidence I have felt in the past 2 weeks with my new hair line has only reinforced the decision I made to have this done.

It does look like it is starting to thin out a little bit now and I did notice a few hairs in the shower this morning. The next 10 weeks are going to be a struggle.

The redness has all but gone now and I have no pain at all. I have noticed a few pimples and I still feel itchy in different areas at times. The aloe vera gel is a god send and you can also use it as a styling product.

Wow, its looking really great. Enjoy it while you can. :D

What were the comments over Christmas from friends and relatives?

Wow, its looking really great. Enjoy it while you can. :D

What were the comments over Christmas from friends and relatives?

Cheers Jax. Everybody really likes it and have had lots of compliments and remarks that I should keep my hair short now. Obviously I won't be doing that. I told them to expect a pony tail next Christmas!

I can't believe you have early growth. Must be so nice seeing it come back. I'm just about to enter the ugly duckling stage and you are coming out of it!

Hair loss regime

Propecia 1mg daily

Saw Palmetto 450mg daily

Biotin 1000ug daily

MSM 1500mg daily

Lasercomb x 3 weekly

Cheers Jax. Everybody really likes it and have had lots of compliments and remarks that I should keep my hair short now. Obviously I won't be doing that. I told them to expect a pony tail next Christmas!

I can't believe you have early growth. Must be so nice seeing it come back. I'm just about to enter the ugly duckling stage and you are coming out of it!

Lol'ing at the thought of a pony tail ... please don't :D

It is quite exciting seeing the growth, may be its imagined or just different lighting, but it does seem to be changing almost daily. Def looking forward to mid Feb which is when I expect I should really see it coming together (well fingers crossed) I was debating last night about whether I might clipper the top down to a grade 3 or 4 next month to help it look more even. Its great having the growth, but it does also make it slightly more obvious that something is going on... anyway, you'll be in the growth phase too before you know it. :cool:

Lol'ing at the thought of a pony tail ... please don't :D

It is quite exciting seeing the growth, may be its imagined or just different lighting, but it does seem to be changing almost daily. Def looking forward to mid Feb which is when I expect I should really see it coming together (well fingers crossed) I was debating last night about whether I might clipper the top down to a grade 3 or 4 next month to help it look more even. Its great having the growth, but it does also make it slightly more obvious that something is going on... anyway, you'll be in the growth phase too before you know it. :cool:

Was only messing with the pony tail. Would be nice to grow it a bit though.

I have seen some others shave their hair down around the 3/4 month mark so it grows out even. I may do the same myself to keep it tidy.

Get ready for the ugly duckling phase, which sucks. Thankfully in a years time it will all be back!

Cheers, I think. Out with wife this evening for her birthday, trying to be out as much as I can before my hibernation period starts.

Hair loss regime

Propecia 1mg daily

Saw Palmetto 450mg daily

Biotin 1000ug daily

MSM 1500mg daily

Lasercomb x 3 weekly

2 weeks Post Op

Looks awesome DEB1982, 5500 grafts is gonna make you look like Fabio! Could you post a pic of your donor area at some point? I'm curious what the scarring looks like for that many grafts.

19 Days Post Op

It looks like the first few months of 2017 are going to be hard ones for me. The shed has really kicked off this morning. I could see no less than a hundred hairs in my hands this morning when showering. As much as I have mentally prepared myself for it, there's no denying it's a pretty crappy feeling. The past 3 weeks have been brilliant with my new hair all in place and I even found myself wondering if I would be the lucky one who didn't shed. Clearly not!

No pain to speak off at all. I still have itchiness but only in the donor area. Recipient area is still numb but it does feel like it's improving. I can't see any redness at all but will be clearer when more of the hair sheds. I have been in constant dialogue with Asmed about any concerns I have had and they have always got back to me immediately. I have been advised not to wear any concealer for the first 3 months or use any other cosmetic products. Will be nice next week when I can trim the donor area though.

My original and transplanted hair seems to be growing really quickly. Not sure if this is a good sign or not.

Back in to the office tomorrow and I have no option of a hat so just going to have to deal with it. 3 weeks down, hopefully only another 9 until I am back to my old self!

Have attached a picture of the donor area as well this time.

IMG_2826.thumb.jpg.3519d3abd88be4a1c0e17b65452b85a3.jpg

IMG_2827.thumb.jpg.e8e7054dfb551aa6c55bed1c125d8ae9.jpg

IMG_2829.thumb.jpg.1b3730537cb06036332600975ea20b3d.jpg

Hair loss regime

Propecia 1mg daily

Saw Palmetto 450mg daily

Biotin 1000ug daily

MSM 1500mg daily

Lasercomb x 3 weekly

Nice write up, very informative.

In a very similar position, recommended 4500.

Will follow with interest, keep us posted

Cheers DaveyB, will update as and when things change.

He recommended 4800 when I submitted pictures for what is a Norwood 3. I got 1600 grafts with Dr Saifi in Poland. Personally, I think his graft quotes are high, but you can't argue with his results.

Agree that his graft quotes are higher than others but as you say it was the continuous standard of his results that was the deciding factor for me.

Looks awesome DEB1982, 5500 grafts is gonna make you look like Fabio! Could you post a pic of your donor area at some point? I'm curious what the scarring looks like for that many grafts.

Just posted a pic of the donor area for you. My wife tells me it's back to normal now and you couldn't tell anything had been done there.

Hair loss regime

Propecia 1mg daily

Saw Palmetto 450mg daily

Biotin 1000ug daily

MSM 1500mg daily

Lasercomb x 3 weekly

We all think we'll be the lucky one and not shed! This phase is really grim psychologically, but you'll accept it in a week or two and just wait it out for growth and get on with your life. Best thing to do is realise you've taken the step and your future is with hair!!

We all think we'll be the lucky one and not shed! This phase is really grim psychologically, but you'll accept it in a week or two and just wait it out for growth and get on with your life. Best thing to do is realise you've taken the step and your future is with hair!!

Cheers pal. I had a quick look at your thread and do agree that your ASMED quote seemed high given your amount of loss. The work you had done by Dr Saifi looks very neat and compact. You'll have to let us know when the growth kicks in.

Hair loss regime

Propecia 1mg daily

Saw Palmetto 450mg daily

Biotin 1000ug daily

MSM 1500mg daily

Lasercomb x 3 weekly

DEB1982, just wanted to say thanks for documenting your surgery and ongoing progress, Its looking like it will be one of the really great examples.

I cant see very much redness from your pics today and if you worked in my office I would think you just decided to have a shorter haircut and nothing more.

Best of luck mate!

19 Days Post Op

It looks like the first few months of 2017 are going to be hard ones for me. The shed has really kicked off this morning. I could see no less than a hundred hairs in my hands this morning when showering. As much as I have mentally prepared myself for it, there's no denying it's a pretty crappy feeling. The past 3 weeks have been brilliant with my new hair all in place and I even found myself wondering if I would be the lucky one who didn't shed. Clearly not!

No pain to speak off at all. I still have itchiness but only in the donor area. Recipient area is still numb but it does feel like it's improving. I can't see any redness at all but will be clearer when more of the hair sheds. I have been in constant dialogue with Asmed about any concerns I have had and they have always got back to me immediately. I have been advised not to wear any concealer for the first 3 months or use any other cosmetic products. Will be nice next week when I can trim the donor area though.

My original and transplanted hair seems to be growing really quickly. Not sure if this is a good sign or not.

Back in to the office tomorrow and I have no option of a hat so just going to have to deal with it. 3 weeks down, hopefully only another 9 until I am back to my old self!

Wow you've been really lucky with the redness, hope I'm too, 10 days to go lol

Hey DEB1982,

Your pics look great and I must say you are going to get a great amount of youth with that number of grafts.

BTW, I am on the same boat and just had a transplant 10 days back. Keep posting. Cheers :)

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/185697-2135-frontal-grafts-dr-bhatti-24-th-dec-2016-a.html

19 Days Post Op

Hey, front is still looking strong. Can see the shed in the crown but it looks thinner not bald and as you said it's all to be expected. To be honest I was a little freaked when I shed and when I did so really quickly, but I think the advantage of an early and large shed is it'll come back sooner. Good luck at work today, not that you'll need it, I bet any comments will be positive.