5000 grafts FUE - 13th/14th December - Asmed Dr Erdogan

DEB1982

Managed to get my laptop so here are some of the photos taken by ASMED and the stats.

First 4 photos = Wet Hair

Second 4 = Dry Hair

Third 4 = Shaved hair

The rest are some pics of me during surgery that they took and two which show their analysis of my hair.

Total Grafts - 5008 (Was actually 5085)

Ratio - 2.25

Total Hairs - 11,268

Single - 979

Double - 2680

Triple - 1173

Quadruple - 169

Quintuple - 7

Total Donor Capacity = 9160

Hair Thickness - 60 Microns

Hairs per cm2 - 90 Follicles

Hope that helps everyone.

Dude If i was you i would not be worried for a sec. You rock the shaved head style.

Day 4 Post Op

I think the pain in my donor area is starting to subside. It is is still very delicate if touched but definitely not as sore this morning. Could just be a lucky few hours though. In terms of the recipient areas the vertex is definitely more sensitive than the frontal region as it still very sore when washing. I don't want to tempt fate but I think my redness is fading really quickly. I'm hoping I'm one of the lucky ones and don't suffer with this too long.

Other than that not much to report. Swelling continues to improve and I'm looking more like myself now. Some new pics from today just after washing.

Looking really good, can't wait to see what it looks like without the scabs. You are definitely one of the luckier ones in terms of redness. I still have some redness even now. If your experience is anything like mine you may still get some random pain/discomfort in both the donor and recipient area over the next 2 weeks or so and I was told this is a combo of nerve ends repairing in the recipient area and just generally healing.

Dude If i was you i would not be worried for a sec. You rock the shaved head style.

Cheers pal, appreciate it!

First Transplant: 5000 FUE grafts with Dr Koray Erdogan ASMED, December 2016

First Hair Transplant link: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/185564-5000-grafts-fue-13th-14th-december-asmed-dr-erdogan.html

Hair loss regime

Propecia 1mg daily

Saw Palmetto 450mg daily

Biotin 1000ug daily

MSM 1500mg daily

Pumpkin Seed Oil 1000mg daily

1% Nizoral shampoo weekly

Lasercomb x 3 weekly

Looking really good, can't wait to see what it looks like without the scabs. You are definitely one of the luckier ones in terms of redness. I still have some redness even now. If your experience is anything like mine you may still get some random pain/discomfort in both the donor and recipient area over the next 2 weeks or so and I was told this is a combo of nerve ends repairing in the recipient area and just generally healing.

Yeah I am keen to get the scabs off as well but also feeling a little worried as I think the scabs make it look denser! I knew that I wouldn't suffer with redness before I went. I never bruise and if I ever get a mark it clears really quickly.

I am still getting some sharp pains every now and then but none whatsoever in the recipient. Those areas still feel numb so perhaps that's why.

First Hair Transplant link: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/185564-5000-grafts-fue-13th-14th-december-asmed-dr-erdogan.html

Hair loss regime

Propecia 1mg daily

Saw Palmetto 450mg daily

Biotin 1000ug daily

MSM 1500mg daily

Lasercomb x 3 weekly

Day 5 Post Op

Not much to comment on. Still struggling to sleep well because of tenderness and the position. Pain is more like sharp electric stings (technical term) every now and then. All in the donor area though, had no pain or even sensation in the recipient areas yet.

Few scabs washed off this morning but think they were from the donor area. Still feel itchy but is definitely improving. Think this is the longest I haven't left the house for.

IMG_2592.thumb.jpg.78542ae86960b474b303565f5d12f48e.jpg

IMG_2596.thumb.jpg.04c955878883407b4becd0af3360c8c0.jpg

IMG_2597.thumb.jpg.6d462e238b5db801f2d5fdc4c9a67906.jpg

Edited by DEB1982

Hair loss regime

Propecia 1mg daily

Saw Palmetto 450mg daily

Biotin 1000ug daily

MSM 1500mg daily

Lasercomb x 3 weekly

Deb, all looks well. The pain in the donor area will subside. The nerves are healing. All in good time. I see the bruising is also improving. You are on track. Use a bit more force on the scabs and you should be scab free by day 10 and be able to enjoy the implanted hairs for four weeks before they shed! I was scab free by day 10 and I started to shed the new hairs after week 4.

Day 6 Post Op

Can't believe a week ago today I was at ASMED on Day 1 of surgery. It goes so quickly but I'm sure time will slow down considerably as I enter the ugly duckling phase.

Some scabs are starting to come away during washing in the recipient area which is good news. I am determined to be scab free by Day 10 which is Christmas Eve. Pain seems to be diminishing each day and I had a better night sleep. Most of the scabs in the donor area have come away over the past two days and with only a weeks hair growth that area looks as if there was no surgery at all.

IMG_2631.thumb.jpg.a18322f466d3d09286fb79cf39938156.jpg

IMG_2632.thumb.jpg.0ce98df7f23257dbab9e5ee2271d3248.jpg

IMG_2633.thumb.jpg.89bdede698b2286d900fca6adbebe80f.jpg

Hair loss regime

Propecia 1mg daily

Saw Palmetto 450mg daily

Biotin 1000ug daily

MSM 1500mg daily

Lasercomb x 3 weekly

I contacted ASMED and asked the question. Their response was that it is better without a headband as swelling is a good sign of healthy blood circulation. The head band restricts circulation which is why the swelling remains above the band but it is imperative for the transplanted grafts to receive optimal circulation.

Thanks for that deb , i suppose it makes perfect sense .... your swelling seemed pretty minor compared to others ? I'm still unsure what I will say to my kids if I get swelling similar to some of the guys I've seen on here !

Day 6 Post Op

Can't believe a week ago today I was at ASMED on Day 1 of surgery. It goes so quickly but I'm sure time will slow down considerably as I enter the ugly duckling phase.

Some scabs are starting to come away during washing in the recipient area which is good news. I am determined to be scab free by Day 10 which is Christmas Eve. Pain seems to be diminishing each day and I had a better night sleep. Most of the scabs in the donor area have come away over the past two days and with only a weeks hair growth that area looks as if there was no surgery at all.

It's amazing how quickly the back/donor area heals. Sounds like you are right on track. Only a few more days and you'll be able to dump the next pillow too and that'll massively help the sleeping.

It's amazing how quickly the back/donor area heals. Sounds like you are right on track. Only a few more days and you'll be able to dump the next pillow too and that'll massively help the sleeping.

Hope so! Counting down the days until I can lie my head on my pillow again. Saw your clip online and looked really good. Must be weird watching yourself back.

I think I shed a couple of hairs when washing this morning. Is that normal only a week after?

Hair loss regime

Propecia 1mg daily

Saw Palmetto 450mg daily

Biotin 1000ug daily

MSM 1500mg daily

Lasercomb x 3 weekly

Hope so! Counting down the days until I can lie my head on my pillow again. Saw your clip online and looked really good. Must be weird watching yourself back.

I think I shed a couple of hairs when washing this morning. Is that normal only a week after?

More cringe-worthy than weird :D

I think I started to see one or two hairs fall when getting the scabs off so I think its fairly normal.

Hi. I registered mainly after reading this thread. I'll be reading your update daily because I'm planning to have my first HT and I'd be choosing Asmed as well. Keep it up!

Hey Shuriken, I will update as often as I can. In my opinion you can't go far wrong choosing ASMED but make sure you do your research and find a surgeon you are comfortable with.

Hair loss regime

Propecia 1mg daily

Saw Palmetto 450mg daily

Biotin 1000ug daily

MSM 1500mg daily

Lasercomb x 3 weekly

Day 7 Post Op

So this time last week I was just finishing Day 2 of my procedure. Can't believe how quickly that first week has gone. For any people worrying about the procedure; the surgery and pain afterwards is nothing you can't handle. All of my initial pain and discomfort has all but gone now. The donor area is still a little tender to touch but that is to be expected.

Some of the scabs in the recipient area have started coming off now whilst washing. Initial reaction is that the hair underneath doesn't look quite as dense now but I'm sure that's everyone's reaction and I know I have shed a few hairs already. I even tried to count how many hairs were in a 1 cm2 area, it's pretty tough to do but I think it's around 60ish in the frontal area which is what I was told. The donor area looks amazing and only after a week you wouldn't know I had anything done. Even my wife commented that you can't see anything. Considering how short my hair is that is a really encouraging sign as I like to keep my hair short at the back and sides. I've included a picture below of the donor area.

I started using organic Aloe Vera gel and Sweet Almond Oil on the donor area yesterday and it completely stopped the itching sensations. Aloe Vera twice a day and Almond Oil once. Will also stop posting pictures of my face now as all the swelling has completely gone as you can see.

IMG_2644.thumb.jpg.6879d0c387c78e6476603e9cd6ebbc66.jpg

IMG_2647.thumb.jpg.b7446535cf03bc8a2741de625a1aa5c1.jpg

IMG_2648.thumb.jpg.7d89cd15e175c81cbdcfde195c2a247a.jpg

IMG_2649.thumb.jpg.4baf5b769e138374a1b9a1e04647d922.jpg

Edited by DEB1982

Hair loss regime

Propecia 1mg daily

Saw Palmetto 450mg daily

Biotin 1000ug daily

MSM 1500mg daily

Lasercomb x 3 weekly

Hello DEB. I was just wondering if there are any precautionary measures that you should observe, say this winter when it is too cold. Thanks! I am planning to have mine on February or March if work permits.

Asmed will give you a full list of post operative instructions. I don't think the cold has any bearing on growth but I believe excessive sweating does in the beginning so I guess it being cold isn't a bad thing at all.

Hair loss regime

Propecia 1mg daily

Saw Palmetto 450mg daily

Biotin 1000ug daily

MSM 1500mg daily

Lasercomb x 3 weekly

Looks good man. I'm 3 days behind you and I am also hoping to be scab free by Christmas morning!

Cheers mate. Were you at ASMED as well or somewhere else? How many grafts did you have?

Hair loss regime

Propecia 1mg daily

Saw Palmetto 450mg daily

Biotin 1000ug daily

MSM 1500mg daily

Lasercomb x 3 weekly

Day 8 Post Op

Many of my scabs are coming off now and I'm hopeful that they will all be gone by Day 10. The reason that I've managed to get most of them off already is that I have washed fairly firmly immediately following the procedure.

I've been really careful so far not to bump my head or let my children whack me as they often do and I feel like the hairs are really secure now in my head. I really like my new hairline and it's such a shame that all these new hairs need to shed soon!

As far as pain goes there isn't really any now. The odd sharp pain now and then in different areas. Still numb in the recipients area but definitely improving. It kind of feels like you are wearing a hat but you aren't. Donor area is perfect now and undetectable.

IMG_2662.thumb.jpg.0ca2771803e3f065be0d2c0a214bbf20.jpg

IMG_2663.thumb.jpg.b678e33b5fa4e08ae3e741649cc11257.jpg

IMG_2665.thumb.jpg.51f0b47ae5dd859f334f32cf4ea13cda.jpg

Hair loss regime

Propecia 1mg daily

Saw Palmetto 450mg daily

Biotin 1000ug daily

MSM 1500mg daily

Lasercomb x 3 weekly

looking good man, and congrats on making it to day 10 successfully without issue.

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

Day 9 Post Op

I would say 90% of my scabs have now washed away. Just a few stubborn ones remain and they mainly seem to be in the vertex area. Good news it looks like I will be scab free for Christmas which was my aim.

Nothing else new to add apart from the occasional itching / tingling sensations over my head that come and go. Roll on tomorrow when I can sleep normally again with a nice soft pillow! I tried to do a close up of the frontal area but my iPhone wouldn't focus properly. I think density wise it looks good.

IMG_2687.thumb.jpg.cd63ba31dc6f07cb2920c0cfbd7c2383.jpg

IMG_2688.thumb.jpg.96bd65ebd11a272fca4155833670b66c.jpg

IMG_2691.thumb.jpg.62860b4eb50433408524f0c4194d3e0e.jpg

Hair loss regime

Propecia 1mg daily

Saw Palmetto 450mg daily

Biotin 1000ug daily

MSM 1500mg daily

Lasercomb x 3 weekly

It's looking great, it'll be on fleek for Christmas :D

Redness is quite minimal too based on the pics. How does it look now in person?

Cheers mate! Yeah I am happy with how it looks now. Had quite a few compliments from the neighbours and local shop owners. Just going to enjoy the next two weeks before it all disappears again. Although one person said I looked like a gangster which isn't the look I was trying to achieve. :D

No real redness at all. I know people disagree but I think having a darker skin tone definitely helps. The vertex is a little red still and that is where I have had most discomfort so perhaps that area is a little more delicate.

Dr Umut said i can drink again at Day 10 so looking forward to a well deserved glass of red wine tomorrow evening.

Hair loss regime

Propecia 1mg daily

Saw Palmetto 450mg daily

Biotin 1000ug daily

MSM 1500mg daily

Lasercomb x 3 weekly