5000 grafts FUE - 13th/14th December - Asmed Dr Erdogan

DEB1982

What size punch do Asmed use for the extractions? Are you happy thus far with the FUE scarring? 5000 is quite a large procedure. I think they do body hair too, any mention of that?

They used 0.7mm and 0.8mm punches for the extractions. I can't comment on the scarring yet as I'm still here so have had dressing on it the whole time. I've been told in time that I will be able to shave to a 1 grade. I was lucky as I had a high density of hair per cm2 in my donor area.

They don't do body hair here. Hope that helps.

First Transplant: 5000 FUE grafts with Dr Koray Erdogan ASMED, December 2016

First Hair Transplant link: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/185564-5000-grafts-fue-13th-14th-december-asmed-dr-erdogan.html

Hair loss regime

Propecia 1mg daily

Saw Palmetto 450mg daily

Biotin 1000ug daily

MSM 1500mg daily

Pumpkin Seed Oil 1000mg daily

1% Nizoral shampoo weekly

Lasercomb x 3 weekly

I don't I'm afraid but tomorrow I will be collecting the USB stick from ASMED before I fly home so will show pictures then.

I've just returned from receiving 2550 grafts into the midscalp and vertex and that was mentally very tough. Last two hours I was at breaking point. A mixture of pain and discomfort. I will write a full post later and add some new photos. Glad it's all over but I'm actually going to really miss everyone at ASMED. They are a class act.

First Hair Transplant link: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/185564-5000-grafts-fue-13th-14th-december-asmed-dr-erdogan.html

Hair loss regime

Propecia 1mg daily

Saw Palmetto 450mg daily

Biotin 1000ug daily

MSM 1500mg daily

Lasercomb x 3 weekly

Surgery Day 2 - 2550 grafts

I was up at 6am as I had to have breakfast and be ready to be collected just after 7am. My neck pillow had deflated in the night and I was precariously close to lying on my newly implanted grafts. Once I got to the clinic I met some new patients who were starting their procedures and had a drink with them outside before being summoned.

I'm not going to write as much detail about Day 2 as it was very similar to Day 1 except we were focusing on the mid scalp and vertex. Extractions were exactly the same although the initial numbing up hurt much more this time due to my scalp being already sensitive. Took roughly 3 and a half hours to extract 2500 turned out to be 2550. Incisions again next with Dr Koray and no pain experienced and took about 40 minutes to make 2500 incisions. They also took my blood st this point for the PRP treatment. After this a short lunch break and massage again.

Now the implantation stage was a killer today. I could feel pain everywhere and it took 4 hours compared to yesterday's 2. Because of the design of the vertex it apparently takes much longer. My back was in pieces, I kept receiving anaesthetic but it didn't seem to be blocking the pain. Turns out the pain I was experiencing could have been caused by the saline solution they keep squirting on the recipient area to remove the blood. It sting and burns. The last 500 grafts went on forever and everybody could sense my frustration which must have been annoying but I had hit a wall and just needed to get out of that chair. After this I received the PRP injections and cream, bandaged up and upstairs for more laser treatment. Dr Koray came in to have a final check of the work and then I had a very emotional good bye with the team who I can't give enough plaudits too.

On my return to the hotel I felt a little cold and shaky but it passed after an hour, I think it was perhaps a touch of shock because of all the trauma. My forehead has started to swell and I look like I've had a few rounds of Botox. I imagine tomorrow that will start to make its way down my face.

I have a free morning tomorrow but will just relax in the room. I am being collected at 1pm to go to the clinic for my first wash and then straight off to the airport for my flight back to the London.

A few more pics of my hair from today. Excuse the drops of anaesthetic that are seeping out of my incisions. I've been told to just leave them.

IMG_2448.thumb.jpg.840353da4c4203f04a99966c6921ed0a.jpg

IMG_2451.thumb.jpg.2627ded1d31e4dfb70b121245b165cb9.jpg

IMG_2452.thumb.jpg.4aa4df98fd8d7a29be43ee7de25bf378.jpg

Hair loss regime

Propecia 1mg daily

Saw Palmetto 450mg daily

Biotin 1000ug daily

MSM 1500mg daily

Lasercomb x 3 weekly

Well at least you are all finished now, the hardest part is over. It is quite an exhausting procedure both mentally and physically. You are a braver man than I. I know personally I would have really struggled to do a 2nd day (my neck hurt too, although I do suffer neck issues). Were you okay with the incisions on day 1? I did find that part quite relaxing.

BTW, re your earlier post/comments about Dr Umut, I think initially he seems a little serious compared to Dr Koray, but he is actually quite funny. I did laugh at him comparing himself to an old car needing to warm up.:D

I have to write a short post about the team at ASMED and Dr Koray himself. From the moment I set foot in Instanbul I have been treated impeccably and nothing was too much for me. All of the staff at Asmed are a credit to Dr Koray and they are all so invested in to the clinic and brand. It has a very family feel to it.

I am genuinely a little sad to be leaving them all and have exchanged numbers with many of them. Very rare in this day and age to meet such genuine people. I don't work for ASMED before anyone asks but I tell you what I would like too. Dr Koray is nothing short of inspirational and I saw his effect on his staff and patients.

I've had a lot of photos with them and hopefully I will see them all again in London or Istanbul soon. Exceeded any expectations I had going in. I am actually going to miss them all and wished I'd stayed a few more days now.

Tomorrow I will take some more pictures of the clinic for everyone to see.

IMG_2434.thumb.jpg.458f9c5f76b837336b489a4048f78d53.jpg

IMG_2435.thumb.jpg.eda25c609a0c0b26eb56b3f691af31ce.jpg

IMG_2411.thumb.jpg.a7e9c7b6a1a44f33bb73f94cfce2ad4b.jpg

IMG_2392.thumb.jpg.70a3ed2b1a21402b75b47f9d5cadd5ba.jpg

Hair loss regime

Propecia 1mg daily

Saw Palmetto 450mg daily

Biotin 1000ug daily

MSM 1500mg daily

Lasercomb x 3 weekly

Well at least you are all finished now, the hardest part is over. It is quite an exhausting procedure both mentally and physically. You are a braver man than I. I know personally I would have really struggled to do a 2nd day (my neck hurt too, although I do suffer neck issues). Were you okay with the incisions on day 1? I did find that part quite relaxing.

BTW, re your earlier post/comments about Dr Umut, I think initially he seems a little serious compared to Dr Koray, but he is actually quite funny. I did laugh at him comparing himself to an old car needing to warm up.:D

You are spot on Jax. Mentally it was so tough towards the end. I even refused anymore anaesthetic, I just wanted them to hurry up and finish. I didn't mind the incision but did find it a little claustrophobic as my head was being held down.

Dr Umut was so funny today and even spent half an hour teaching me some Turkish which I impressed Dr Koray with when he came in to do the incisions.

Hair loss regime

Propecia 1mg daily

Saw Palmetto 450mg daily

Biotin 1000ug daily

MSM 1500mg daily

Lasercomb x 3 weekly

Morning deb ,

Hope all is going well ! You mentioned that your sides were already thin ? Is this due to miniturization i.e. Dupa/faga type hairloss ? Are you having grafts placed there ? So basically your only safe donor zone is the back of your head ?? Cheers

Sorry I missed this. It's not thin due to miniaturisation. My temporal peaks are a different texture to the rest of my hair. If I were to let them grow they are quite wiry and curly. My grandad comes from St Lucia so think I have him to thank for that. Dr Koray just made me aware that if wanted the temples fixed that he would have to implant hairs into the whole area even where there is already hair so that there wasn't a contrast.

He assured me I didn't need it and explained that the hair line he has designed will suit me as I mature further as well.

Donor zone they took from the occipital (back) parietal (back corners) and temporal for the single hairs. My donor capacity was 9160 so I still have 4160 if I ever need them!

Hair loss regime

Propecia 1mg daily

Saw Palmetto 450mg daily

Biotin 1000ug daily

MSM 1500mg daily

Lasercomb x 3 weekly

1 day post op

Perhaps I am in the minority but I actually managed to get 7 hours sleep. The last two days really took it out of me so I wasn't surprised. I didn't take any pain killers and touch wood am still yet to feel any discomfort.

I didn't have to be at the clinic until 12.30pm for my first wash so had a lazy morning. The swelling has started to make its way down my forehead now and is bulging my temple points which is a good look.

The staff at ASMED as always took great care of me. They gave me an extra long clean to remove any anaesthetic that had seeped out and also showed me how to care for my hair for the next 10 days.

Thankfully I managed to get to say goodbye to everyone including Dr Koray as I was there when they were all on their lunch breaks. I was given my USB stick with all my photos and stats (will upload later) and then sent on my way! Not before I got one last photo with Sema and Sevinc who are the two patient coordinators should you decide to have your surgery there.

From a customer service aspect, I honestly couldn't find one fault with them. Obviously the main reason for going is to grow new hair so we will have to wait a little longer to judge that but I have no doubt that it will be an exceptional result.

I am now sitting in Ataturk airport business lounge waiting for my flight. Security took 5 minutes and they didn't even question my liquids which was odd. I even tried to show them but they just waved me through. It's quite funny I have seen at least three other guys on their way home who have just had transplants. I was always so self conscious of my hair and here I am now without a care in the world for everyone to see what I have had done.

Will upload photos when home later as Wi-fi here is allowing me too.

Hair loss regime

Propecia 1mg daily

Saw Palmetto 450mg daily

Biotin 1000ug daily

MSM 1500mg daily

Lasercomb x 3 weekly

There are two other guys on my flight who have had FUE procedures and they are both wearing head bands so they have no swelling whatsoever beneath this. I'm sat looking like Sloth from the goonies. Wonder why ASMED don't do this? There must be a reason.

Hair loss regime

Propecia 1mg daily

Saw Palmetto 450mg daily

Biotin 1000ug daily

MSM 1500mg daily

Lasercomb x 3 weekly

Photos from last day at Asmed

IMG_2459.thumb.jpg.2302b9c819add7a59c1d73e7e2ec7f0e.jpg

IMG_2461.thumb.jpg.ee84695c0a911a8b8efabe60f21bf5e9.jpg

IMG_2465.thumb.jpg.23fc3eae43025a5272fbe9c9ce0f5178.jpg

IMG_2473.thumb.jpg.282bc99a6427d223c40f6f353d1706e7.jpg

Hair loss regime

Propecia 1mg daily

Saw Palmetto 450mg daily

Biotin 1000ug daily

MSM 1500mg daily

Lasercomb x 3 weekly

Looking good man, that's a lot of density screaming out from your post-op pics from what I see.

Get the grafts and yourself home and safe and baby them until day 10.

Who's the girl on the right in the last pic btw?

She's got some high cheek bone thing going on me likes... lol

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

Looking good man, that's a lot of density screaming out from your post-op pics from what I see.

Get the grafts and yourself home and safe and baby them until day 10.

Who's the girl on the right in the last pic btw?

She's got some high cheek bone thing going on me likes... lol

Cheers Hsrp10, back home now and being as careful as can be. Hope the density is there as you say. Will post some more pics in the morning as redness has faded a little now.

The lady on the right is Sevinc and yeah she is really pretty and so nice with it. I have to be careful what I say as they all read the forums!

Hair loss regime

Propecia 1mg daily

Saw Palmetto 450mg daily

Biotin 1000ug daily

MSM 1500mg daily

Lasercomb x 3 weekly

There are two other guys on my flight who have had FUE procedures and they are both wearing head bands so they have no swelling whatsoever beneath this. I'm sat looking like Sloth from the goonies. Wonder why ASMED don't do this? There must be a reason.

I've often wondered about this ? If you can ask and let us know would be great :)

It's quite funny I have seen at least three other guys on their way home who have just had transplants. I was always so self conscious of my hair and here I am now without a care in the world for everyone to see what I have had done.

I had a similar experience. After years of always making sure I styled my hair to hide the receding on the temples etc, there I was in the middle of an airport with a shaved head, all red and a bit swollen for the world to see. I think the whole thing has actually helped me let go of some of my vanity (just a smidge :D ), I was as carefree when I got home too, was often popping to the corner shop looking like god knows what, especially once all the scabs started forming. Give them something to gossip about! ;)

BTW, looking forward to see your offical pics once you get a chance to upload them.

I've often wondered about this ? If you can ask and let us know would be great :)

I contacted ASMED and asked the question. Their response was that it is better without a headband as swelling is a good sign of healthy blood circulation. The head band restricts circulation which is why the swelling remains above the band but it is imperative for the transplanted grafts to receive optimal circulation.

Hair loss regime

Propecia 1mg daily

Saw Palmetto 450mg daily

Biotin 1000ug daily

MSM 1500mg daily

Lasercomb x 3 weekly

Day 2 Post Op

I had an awful night sleep last night. It was my first night without any dressing on and the donor area was very sensitive on the pillow so I couldn't relax properly. The swelling has also got much worse but this was to be expected. The good news is that I feel fine in myself and the redness doesn't seem quite as intense.

I've uploaded some pictures. I would appreciate any feedback and opinions from people on the work and density? I have high hopes but I am ever the optimist.

Left my laptop at the office so my wife is collecting it for me and then will upload surgery photos and stats.

IMG_2504.thumb.jpg.f9a6461e0809b17cb8cd04ac592564cf.jpg

IMG_2505.thumb.jpg.95bf11decec5057b55923d2146121229.jpg

IMG_2506.thumb.jpg.510d41ac9f95bb4bfa0dd5ee9ad3a309.jpg

IMG_2509.thumb.jpg.7e5b04148e13ffe6812188489637ff35.jpg

IMG_2503.thumb.jpg.0f03665a3e6ea0430165145ae87480d2.jpg

Hair loss regime

Propecia 1mg daily

Saw Palmetto 450mg daily

Biotin 1000ug daily

MSM 1500mg daily

Lasercomb x 3 weekly

Managed to get my laptop so here are some of the photos taken by ASMED and the stats.

First 4 photos = Wet Hair

Second 4 = Dry Hair

Third 4 = Shaved hair

The rest are some pics of me during surgery that they took and two which show their analysis of my hair.

Total Grafts - 5008 (Was actually 5085)

Ratio - 2.25

Total Hairs - 11,268

Single - 979

Double - 2680

Triple - 1173

Quadruple - 169

Quintuple - 7

Total Donor Capacity = 9160

Hair Thickness - 60 Microns

Hairs per cm2 - 90 Follicles

Hope that helps everyone.

_DSC4259.thumb.jpg.afdf5af0cb6ba89e0828863e1c976a9b.jpg

_DSC4262.thumb.jpg.3df26680ceff7bf9b304577e008b73f2.jpg

_1.thumb.jpg.f3e60380d19df76afc7e71e81328e3c6.jpg

_2.thumb.jpg.a98f5c4145c4acb4a87c2c2f6fbe949b.jpg

_DSC4275.thumb.jpg.51dc15d6f4ed35c8d94553ba42fdfb18.jpg

_DSC4270.thumb.jpg.5e2f3549134a4cfe0e58106f3182d37e.jpg

_DSC4279.thumb.jpg.c8bd0ff97017026b489b40e72dd510c9.jpg

_DSC4280.thumb.jpg.19fa570e851dadff073e26bd60b37ca3.jpg

_DSC4315.thumb.jpg.6e02b3d6757293437516ac1e08a38f87.jpg

_DSC4318.thumb.jpg.cb9c5a663a36abbdad569bde7fe4717b.jpg

_DSC4316.thumb.jpg.9eed173950a5cde161a2eb77a7c15b11.jpg

_DSC4324.thumb.jpg.8bd0bdbbacf99c9bfb327a2e31541fb6.jpg

DSC_2373.thumb.jpg.30354cb0ab8e9e087458a70a6379e308.jpg

DSC_2367.thumb.jpg.48d4145ad3395151554651cb48380fd2.jpg

5b32f08f2ccaa_ANAL304ZKEYNOTE_005.thumb.jpeg.7a71967d05c525767fb05b5e03f9fcd4.jpeg

OCCIPITAL DANIEL.pdf

Hair loss regime

Propecia 1mg daily

Saw Palmetto 450mg daily

Biotin 1000ug daily

MSM 1500mg daily

Lasercomb x 3 weekly

I contacted ASMED and asked the question. Their response was that it is better without a headband as swelling is a good sign of healthy blood circulation. The head band restricts circulation which is why the swelling remains above the band but it is imperative for the transplanted grafts to receive optimal circulation.

Intresting, I wondered about this previously but never asked. Makes sense when you think about it. Don't want your head to swell and those nice new grafts to pop out! :D

Day 2 Post Op

I had an awful night sleep last night. It was my first night without any dressing on and the donor area was very sensitive on the pillow so I couldn't relax properly. The swelling has also got much worse but this was to be expected. The good news is that I feel fine in myself and the redness doesn't seem quite as intense.

I've uploaded some pictures. I would appreciate any feedback and opinions from people on the work and density? I have high hopes but I am ever the optimist.

Left my laptop at the office so my wife is collecting it for me and then will upload surgery photos and stats.

Looks good from what I can see (2nd shot is a bit dark) looks nice and densely packed.

How was your first wash at home today?

Looks like this is gonna be another great asmed ht.

Get used to lack of sleep for a little while. I remember the first week or so sleeping in that bloody neck pillow. Or should I say trying to sleep in that bloody neck pillow. A few hours here or there. Spent the early hours of most mornings (4am) watching countdown, 15-1 and quantum leap. It was all worth it though.

I've just completed the second wash Jax and I think I'm doing okay. No hairs have come away yet although I have what looks like puss on each new hair which I can only presume is the blisters starting to form.

Thanks Richie. Love a bit of Quantum Leap. Takes me back a few decades.

Day 3 Post Op

A slightly better night sleep although the itching has really kicked in now and it is taking all my strength not to rub all over my head. The swelling has dropped some more and I now have two partially black eyes. Looks like it is sort of improving so hopefully by tomorrow it will be all but gone.

A few new photos taken in my bathroom today which I think offers much better lighting.

IMG_2527.thumb.jpg.93afab0c00ac6e9a858bd9a59012e601.jpg

IMG_2529.thumb.jpg.019d17e1b86f3e274ab8d7a01357ba46.jpg

IMG_2530.jpg.829d7c06ff1f6dafba2e4d680d9b135a.jpg

Edited by DEB1982

Hair loss regime

Propecia 1mg daily

Saw Palmetto 450mg daily

Biotin 1000ug daily

MSM 1500mg daily

Lasercomb x 3 weekly

Getting a little worried. Can anyone tell me if these cracks / lines that are appearing are a normal part of the healing process?

Excuse the tinsel :D

IMG_2547.thumb.jpg.cfd1cbe1c211b3f9be51517f57bcb8e6.jpg

Hair loss regime

Propecia 1mg daily

Saw Palmetto 450mg daily

Biotin 1000ug daily

MSM 1500mg daily

Lasercomb x 3 weekly

I've just completed the second watch Jax and I think I'm doing okay. No hairs have come away yet although I have what looks like puss on each new hair which I can only presume is the blisters starting to form.

Thanks Richie. Love a bit of Quantum Leap. Takes me back a few decades.

Day 3 Post Op

A slightly better night sleep although the itching has really kicked in now and it is taking all my strength not to rub all over my head. The swelling has dropped some more and I now have two partially black eyes. Looks like it is sort of improving so hopefully by tomorrow it will be all but gone.

A few new photos taken in my bathroom today which I think offers much better lighting.

Hey, looks great. The puss (not sure what it is technically, prob combo of skin, discharge, blood, etc) is the scabbing that forms, looks a bit gross and puss-like when wet. All completely normal though. As long as you get the scabs off by Christmas (which you wouldn't have an issue doing) you'll look great over the holidays. Short hair really suits you too so you'll probably just lots of comments about why you have cut your hair so short (which is what I got).

Getting a little worried. Can anyone tell me if these cracks / lines that are appearing are a normal part of the healing process?

Excuse the tinsel :D

Its all normal apparently. I had the exact same issue and I WhatsApp'd Sevinc and she said its due to the swelling and that would disappear over time as the skin shrinks back.

Thank you mate. Was starting to worry a little bit, I'm not going to lie. Would make sense as my head feels very tight.

Not seeing all my family until Christmas Day so yeah very much hoping that I'm looking my best then.

Hair loss regime

Propecia 1mg daily

Saw Palmetto 450mg daily

Biotin 1000ug daily

MSM 1500mg daily

Lasercomb x 3 weekly

Day 4 Post Op

I think the pain in my donor area is starting to subside. It is is still very delicate if touched but definitely not as sore this morning. Could just be a lucky few hours though. In terms of the recipient areas the vertex is definitely more sensitive than the frontal region as it still very sore when washing. I don't want to tempt fate but I think my redness is fading really quickly. I'm hoping I'm one of the lucky ones and don't suffer with this too long.

Other than that not much to report. Swelling continues to improve and I'm looking more like myself now. Some new pics from today just after washing.

IMG_2561.thumb.jpg.08505a6d3af425e6f24da89824b2913e.jpg

IMG_2562.thumb.jpg.9d015f0003e3f4ae0889f3ae4d31a53f.jpg

IMG_2564.thumb.jpg.bc6c1ff5b67117147b1f3aec4fe2ae67.jpg

Hair loss regime

Propecia 1mg daily

Saw Palmetto 450mg daily

Biotin 1000ug daily

MSM 1500mg daily

Lasercomb x 3 weekly