Rafa Nadal FUE

RG71

I'm a huge tennis fan and always had my eye on Nadal's hair while playing--not to mention his countless OCD ways :P. Sadly, few of us can be blessed with the likes of Novak Djokovic hair! I'll keep an eye our for what Nadal looks like come the Australian Open, which is just around the corner.

Guess he went with Couto.. ?!

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

• 5 weeks later...

Just watching him now in the Aussie Open he looks like quite a challenging case. He's got diffuse thinning front to back and his donor doesn't look great. Always liked watching him and hope it works out for him.

I am an online representative for Farjo Hair Institute

Dr. Bessam Farjo is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions shared are my own.

I used to follow him/tennis quite closely and have been out of the loop the past several years. I had no idea he was losing his hair to that extent and really hope this works out. Anyone know if he's been openly talking about this, or was this just a story that got leaked to the press?

I also found it interesting how the article spoke about how painful the procedure was - something I never really hear. My experience (and it seems the experience of others) is that the whole thing is relatively low on the pain scale. Maybe they just needed to embellished it for dramatic purposes. :)

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

wow, I would be interested to see how his healing progresses. I would be watching because based on photos that i see of him and his hair loss, we seem to be showing the same signs. I also wear my hair long, and it started regressing as well. Anyway, should he cover it by the time he comes back to play, will that affect the growing hair grafts?

• 2 weeks later...
wow, I would be interested to see how his healing progresses. I would be watching because based on photos that i see of him and his hair loss, we seem to be showing the same signs. I also wear my hair long, and it started regressing as well. Anyway, should he cover it by the time he comes back to play, will that affect the growing hair grafts?

Covering the hair won't affect the growing of the grafts. In fact, he'll need to keep the grafts out of direct sunlight for the first 6 months in order to avoid them being damaged, so it may be best to wear a hat to cover them up anyway. The first 72 hours after the procedure are the most crucial, and especially by the 2 week mark permanent graft damage isn't a concern.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

Very interesting. Always great when celebrities don't hide a hair transplant procedure.

My next door neighbour just told us in passing that she had a tummy tuck and had a breast lift.... like it was nothing.

Hair transplants still have a significant stigma.

Interesting that Nadal who would has unlimited money, decided on a doctor not that well known on this forum and didn't go to Lorenzo.

Hopefully, he has a decent donor area, and he has utilized a regimen too.

My opinions are my own. I am one representative of MyWHTC Clinic's European branch.

Consultation Dates & Cities for Dr. Patrick Mwamba

London, United Kingdom - Available (Sat.)

Zurich, Switzerland - Available (Saturday)

Bologna, Italy - Available (Saturday)

Brussles, Belgium - Available (Sun.-Sat.) *No Fee*

Dr. Patrick Mwamba is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

• 3 months later...

Saw Nadal playing in the Madrid Open final this weekend. His hair transplant growth is definitely starting to kick in. I noticed a big improvement in his hair already. Curious to see what he'll look like by the time Wimbledon comes around.

• 1 month later...

Nadal just lost an epic 5-setter at Wimbledon against Gilles Muller. I haven't really had much chance to see him up close since the supposed surgery. Caught a quick highlight of the aforementioned match just now and though his hair was quite short (more so than normal), it was looking noticeably fuller than I'd last seen him. Anyone else have any further thoughts?

Yeah I agree, it looked much improved at the front. His crown is very thin though, wonder if he's planning to address that next.

Dr. Bessam Farjo is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions shared are my own.

• 2 months later...

I watched him in the US Open and he is definitely looking significantly better. However, I do believe he needs one or two more sessions to complete the restoration (mostly in the crown). Now Djokovic's hair is something to really awe for.

About my hair loss journey:

Happy Patient's Blog

I watched him in the US Open and he is definitely looking significantly better. However, I do believe he needs one or two more sessions to complete the restoration (mostly in the crown). Now Djokovic's hair is something to really awe for.

About my hair loss journey:

Happy Patient's Blog

Djok's hair is unreal isn't it? Life just ain't fair:D