Dr Erdogan Koray 5005 Grafts - 28 November 2016

Tommytrp

Hello everyone

I have been on this website for a while now doing research and watching results over the months deciding who would be the best surgeon for me and what i want.

I am 23 nearly 24 and i know some people think this is too young for a hair transplant, but i have been taking Propecia for over a year my hair loss doesn't seem to be getting worse for the time being and i am prepared to have a another surgery in the future.

my hair on top has always been thinner then the rest but i really started to notice the loss when i was around 19 when i started going to the gym, taking steroids etc, not knowing the result and effect this has on your body, by the time someone pointed out to me that my hair was thinning it was to late, i stopped taking steroids and i started to research, at first i was scared of sides from Propecia but when i looked around forums and realized it was the only way to go to prevent further loss and to help thicken and save the hair i had from shock loss from a hair transplant i jumped on propecia.

i contacted Asmed around June and booked up for November 28th and waited.

I arrived in Istanbul it took me about an hour to get through passport control, but the driver was waiting for me still and was very nice and kind, Sevinc called me in the car to tell me what the plan was and how long the journey would be ( about an hour). i arrived at asmed and she was waiting there to greet me, i had my blood taken and few other tests i then met Dr Umut who everyone says is scary and dry humored but i thought he was very funny and was with me alot of the time, making sure i was alright, very nice man. he asked if i was nervous i said i was he gave me a tablet to have in the morning which should calm my nerves, i then had pictures taken and then went to meet Dr Koray Erdogan , who originally quoted me 4500 grafts but as soon as he saw me he said i needed 5000, he told me that 3000 in the front will be perfect, and that 2000 in the back would give me a very good result, he then checked my hair which is 55 microns all over, and then said i had a very good donor he said i had at least 8400 grafts but i never got the exact figure in the end !. He drew me hairline on which i was happy about, i then went and got my head shaved and more pictures taken. At this point i met Essen who would be my translator and my Mum for the next few days !, she was very good to me :D. i stayed at the clinic the whole time, it was very modern and clean, i am very glad i ended up staying there.

the surgery was good, i felt some pain with the injections but the ladies where all lovely, they were having a joke and laugh, the made me feel very at ease and comfortable, i couldn't have asked for a better team to be honest. All in all everyone at Asmed was very good to me.

My flight was delayed in the way back so i was sat at the airport for a while which sucked but the flight was good, they played a movie and i sat right at the back, i was quite swollen by this time.

i found the washing's to be straight forward, i was nervous at first but my Girlfriend has been very good to me and helped me with it :D. i lost quite a few hairs at day 10 from being a bit firmer with the washing but only hair no bulbs or blood so i think this is normal.

i am now at day 12 so yeah thank you for reading :D

oh yeah my graft count !

611 singles

2235 doubles

1657 triples

469 quadruples

33 quintuple

2.42 ratio

12093 total hairs

the last pictures are 10 days post op

_DSC2970.thumb.jpg.92dbaf7c729edef3a3543282ec403262.jpg

_DSC2971.thumb.jpg.e25e05b11c70ccc988cd11ffae1b2ea2.jpg

_DSC2974.thumb.jpg.d4ac1657937a58442f366ea44f8f9cb6.jpg

_DSC2976.thumb.jpg.41291fecb74ced9c80a29cd6938539f2.jpg

_DSC3321.thumb.jpg.a89e6fae3b3025a93eb4c64abadbfef7.jpg

_DSC3324.thumb.jpg.9b024ab7f98935233903d6242b7d0ef3.jpg

_DSC3326.thumb.jpg.2d8c63379dc81f9b7e8a1cda56a03937.jpg

_DSC3328.thumb.jpg.9e36b4ae6dc9e804ecfdfcd01f0bbb3b.jpg

_DSC3329.thumb.jpg.d465b8b11a0611555890daecd6cd68d2.jpg

_DSC3331.thumb.jpg.91a4a35a444bf3db8009b6c5d87b097a.jpg

_DSC3330.thumb.jpg.6e25f3ff5a8f45c48be658fc37c6d63b.jpg

_DSC2991.thumb.jpg.32074980a5573c377e12af3490d3dd0c.jpg

_DSC2992.thumb.jpg.8a80f1c2df7d1a1f14b286fad95c113e.jpg

IMG_1234.JPG.c8b804ca6e7e0df36390322a6c8c7a46.JPG

IMG_1235.JPG.39a6f27440182c2e0a9be4e610274a97.JPG

5b32f075741f8_IMG_1236370.JPG.057b01bf3b44126a3605db86651ec858.JPG

5b32f07591b38_IMG_1237371.JPG.98c8b9b2f301d609a98236e6c578aa45.JPG

Edited by Tommytrp

I have now hit 2 weeks post op, I have contacted Esen again as I bumped my head today,

But there wasn't any bleeding so everything should be fine, she also noticed I had some scabs still done the middle of my head so I am going to work on them tonight, I think I have lost quite a few hairs in the recipient area but still looks alright to go out in public and such. ?

IMG_1271.thumb.JPG.085a0bd3b10a1aec6dfc30d606ac0901.JPG

Thank you very much transplant1, and the flight was good the take off and landing I found a little rough but the rest was fine, it took around 3 hours 40 minutes. The only thing I would recommend is a wheel around suitcase rather then a rucksack if you are only taking carry on as I over packed mine and was quite strenuous to go through customs passport control etc. As did post op pain it was very minimal, the only thing that caused me discomfort was the donor area which was quite sore and hard to sleep on the neck pillow with but after a week or so it had healed. I had no pain in the recipient area which was a bonus ?

So he quoted you 4500 online I guess, and then he saw you and decided you needed 5000?

Did you have that much extra cash? We are talking about 1200 €...

Hi Finn

Well before I went I was worried that 4500 wasn't going to give the result I wanted and I thought to myself I might aswell ask if I can do the max and this would be better, so I took the extra cash I had and I came up like ?350 short I asked if I could transfer it straight across when I went to my room but by the time I have left the finance office Dr Koray erdogan said he was happy I trusted him and his judgement and didn't charge me the extra ?350.

Did the same with me but I had to stump up the full amount! Cheek of it!! Lol

You had 2000 in the vertex which is quite a bit but doesn't look like it was thinning there although there are no pre op photos from behind.

I've 3 days out from having 5000 so I'm two weeks behind you. I've got the worst itching feelings at the moment in the donor area. Your work looks really neat and dense.

First Transplant: 5000 FUE grafts with Dr Koray Erdogan ASMED, December 2016

First Hair Transplant link: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/185564-5000-grafts-fue-13th-14th-december-asmed-dr-erdogan.html

Hair loss regime

Propecia 1mg daily

Saw Palmetto 450mg daily

Biotin 1000ug daily

MSM 1500mg daily

Pumpkin Seed Oil 1000mg daily

1% Nizoral shampoo weekly

Lasercomb x 3 weekly

Did the same with me but I had to stump up the full amount! Cheek of it!! Lol

You had 2000 in the vertex which is quite a bit but doesn't look like it was thinning there although there are no pre op photos from behind.

I've 3 days out from having 5000 so I'm two weeks behind you. I've got the worst itching feelings at the moment in the donor area. Your work looks really neat and dense.

Hi Deb1982

Guess I'm just lucky ! Haha I think he did me quite a good deal on the room aswell as I stayed at the clinic for all 3 nights I don't think my total bill was as much as I expected.

From the pictures I put it it doesn't look to bad I forgot to upload the ones I had from the USB that they give you but I'll post them later when I get home from work. I had quite abit of loss in the crown I think it's just because of how long my hair was when I went you can't see it very well, I had quite a lot of minitirization also so I'm happy I got the 2000 in the crown.

I have been keeping up with your posts aswell your work looks great I'm jealous of how many grafts you had In the front but I think your hairline was lowered a lot more then mine ? I just hope 3000 is enough!, also oh man my donor was itchy mine was so sensitive for days it was hard to sleep on it with that bloody pillow, I also had a ton of itchiness in my recipient area aswell was driving me mad !.

I have a super big forehead so I think he had to lower it in the centre and then he left it a little receeded towards the temples which I'm happy with as hopefully it will suit me as I get older. I think everyone's gets jealous looking at others photos as I did when looking at yours. We are own worst critics so we probably don't see what everyone else does when we look at our own. I'm confident looking at your photos that you will get a stellar result.

My recipient hasn't stared itching yet so guess I have that to look forward too! Joy!

First Hair Transplant link: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/185564-5000-grafts-fue-13th-14th-december-asmed-dr-erdogan.html

Hair loss regime

Propecia 1mg daily

Saw Palmetto 450mg daily

Biotin 1000ug daily

MSM 1500mg daily

Lasercomb x 3 weekly

Well thank you for making me feel better about it haha very wise words. I'm sure you will have an amazing result to buddy.

The itching only lasts until the scabs are gone so only another week !. I just keep getting little bits of weird pain in random places ATM and my donor is still abit sensitive, when you start touching the hairs and sleeping on your normal pillow it gets a lot better though for sure.

Put a generous slap of aloe vera gel on the donor every day. It really helped me with the itching.

I had been trying to do it daily I just didn't know how often I should apply it like maybe once in the morning once at night ?. Also wondered if I could get some opinions on secound hand smoking like I have been avoiding all smokers but where I work in a garage everyone smokes and occasionally it's near me so I get a big cloud of smoke in my face, will this effect my grafts?

• 2 weeks later...

So I'm about 1 month post op now, feeling like I'm in the ugly duckling phase. I've shed a lot of hairs but still got a few more to go. It's a little bit itchy but nothing to bad, I have also posted a picture of my crown from before my hair transplant as the pictures I've posted don't show that area very well.

IMG_1306.JPG.95e240ea6662944cc37e28661a551832.JPG

IMG_1307.JPG.0df18c2adb00b20a34ceb8b20e793ce7.JPG

IMG_1308.JPG.9843ec8b03e90351b8709615db8683ad.JPG

IMG_1850.thumb.jpg.c2a3022c4eb7f4a7e3d023d74f9fcac8.jpg

Don't worry about the ugly duckling phase, it's part of the journey. I went to Erdogan too and 1 month after I looked dreadful, but 7 months on I am more than delighted.

Can I ask if the implantation procedure has now changed at ASMED? According to a video on their youtube page they have changed the way they implant the hair and rather than doing it with forceps it's now 'injected' into the incision with an implant tool. Does Dr Koray still make the incisions and then implantation occurs afterwards? Not entirely sure if the procedure has changed, so would welcome your experience!

All the best.

Don't worry about the ugly duckling phase, it's part of the journey. I went to Erdogan too and 1 month after I looked dreadful, but 7 months on I am more than delighted.

Can I ask if the implantation procedure has now changed at ASMED? According to a video on their youtube page they have changed the way they implant the hair and rather than doing it with forceps it's now 'injected' into the incision with an implant tool. Does Dr Koray still make the incisions and then implantation occurs afterwards? Not entirely sure if the procedure has changed, so would welcome your experience!

All the best.

Hi Vpac

I hope you are right, just need to get through the next few months and hopefully should be looking better.

To be honest with you I didn't know about the "keep" tool until after I had been, I was pretty gutted that I hadn't had it used on me if it was supposed to be better but I done some looking around and saw on the Facebook page someone was asking on the video Asmed posted about the keep tool asking when they were starting to use it and I'm sure Asmed replied saying they have been using it for a year now so perhaps it was used on you too ?. I might be wrong.

You are right Dr Koray does the incisions and then the techs did the implantations, strangely enough some people posted saying there were on there from for the crown implants but I was always in an upright position. I don't know if that makes any difference what so ever but yeah hope I could help and congrats and your results so far !. How many grafts did you done ?

Just thought I'd do a quick post at 5 weeks, I've shed quite a few hairs but some remain or have started growing wondered what some of you thought to this? I'll post pictures of both temples which were previously bald. Also had quite a few spots in my donor which are a bit sore and itchy but nothing major.

IMG_0041.thumb.jpg.d6ede816e6dba7f56a3fa2829ca4c168.jpg

IMG_0011.thumb.JPG.610d812df72aa87242c588e1c0c739cd.JPG

IMG_0042.thumb.jpg.25db67e9aff413ba2d2cfc3229caaf00.jpg

IMG_0015.thumb.JPG.647ebd5cbc9b0c871e072c5cf0d64454.JPG

Just thought I'd do a quick post at 5 weeks, I've shed quite a few hairs but some remain or have started growing wondered what some of you thought to this? I'll post pictures of both temples which were previously bald. Also had quite a few spots in my donor which are a bit sore and itchy but nothing major.

Looking great for just 5 weeks mate. Not much redness either. Did you get a haircut or native hairs growing back slow?

Looking good mate. As hkuser said very little redness. I'm just over 3 weeks and shedding a lot at the minute, hope I can hang on to some like you have.

I've been getting the odd spot here and there but been told they are a normal part of the healing process.

Hair loss regime

Propecia 1mg daily

Saw Palmetto 450mg daily

Biotin 1000ug daily

MSM 1500mg daily

Lasercomb x 3 weekly

• Moderators

If you ever go for a 2nd session you should definitely look into using some of that beard hair. You have a ton of it. Don't worry about not being able to grow your beard out afterwards because they will only take the hair from under your chin and you will still be left with some of that as well. Nobody will ever notice.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

Looking great for just 5 weeks mate. Not much redness either. Did you get a haircut or native hairs growing back slow?

Hi hkuser

The redness is almost completely gone now I think, but you are right my native hairs are growing really slow on top done a number 3 on the back and sides because I looked like a crazy scientist just hair going out in different directions so I think I'll keep it short for now.

Looking good mate. As hkuser said very little redness. I'm just over 3 weeks and shedding a lot at the minute, hope I can hang on to some like you have.

I've been getting the odd spot here and there but been told they are a normal part of the healing process.

Thank you mate, I don't know if hanging on to the hairs is good or not I mean it probably looks better but I don't know if they grow out or if they shed and then, who knows we will soon find out. You might start growing yours back before I do.

Yeah the spots suck I've been getting huge ones in my donor but I'm sure it will stop soon ?

If you ever go for a 2nd session you should definitely look into using some of that beard hair. You have a ton of it. Don't worry about not being able to grow your beard out afterwards because they will only take the hair from under your chin and you will still be left with some of that as well. Nobody will ever notice.

Hi BeHappy

I was thinking a similar thing because the hairs under my chin are so thick like they are huge and there's so many of them, but i know Dr Koray Erdogan doesn't do bht so I'd have to do some research into who the best is !. Would definitely consider it though.

• 4 weeks later...

Tomorrow will be 2 months 1 week so as I am off today I though I would post an update and pictures. Things have been running pretty smoothly I have had quite abit of itchiness and a few spots I think I have one at the moment but they are to be expected. My normal hair is growing normally and I'm not sure if the transplanted hair is growing now as well or not just trying to not think about it and hopefully be past looking terrible.

So he are my update photos.

IMG_0296.thumb.jpg.cf45f7b8670821c55a48cd3dfa18d162.jpg

IMG_0289.thumb.jpg.08664a67c918cded332ffa6264e2b515.jpg

IMG_0290.thumb.jpg.3ad4b9de2ddd93eba8adca53431bd28d.jpg

IMG_0294.thumb.jpg.2ff0a56d29b96dba5e280402d9b3f6bb.jpg

IMG_0295.thumb.jpg.e2beb566171dfe4c2923dc76a77e84a5.jpg

IMG_0291.thumb.jpg.fb81129eff0300c393c263e7a50f0f55.jpg

IMG_0292.thumb.jpg.87d0733356d56906b62384516c3b0933.jpg