Considering HT in India--need sugegstions

Explorer

Hi,

I am based out of India-Gurgaon and visited Eugenix Hair Science clinic. I am Norwood 7 and the doc suggested we do 7000 graft for full coverage. Eugenix does DHT ( something similar to FUE) and mentioned that in one day they can do max 3000 grafts and I might have to visit the centre on 3 continuous days to do 7K grafts.

I wanted the suggestion on the following

1) Any feedback on Eugenix Hair Science Gurgaon ? there website has loads of good cases but wanted this forum opinion as well

2) Is it ok to do a FUE kind of suregery on 3 consecutive days for 7K grafts ?

Attaching couple of pics for level of baldness

IMG_20161209_094647.thumb.jpg.bb629db6cb624bdc00ecb071185a3cb7.jpg

IMG_20161209_094600.thumb.jpg.2450fed778beff7ff2db1e9a29af56d1.jpg

Never heard of them, I recommend not to proceed and research a bit more to understand who are the best FUE surgeons out there.

I cannot see all of your donor area, but I would proceed very carefully to:

1) preserve your limited donor supply, because if you go 7K grafts with an unheard of clinic and the procedure is a failure you're done in terms of future options.

2) find an elite surgeon with published results on this forum of treating NW6-7 patients in large FUE sessions/mega-sessions. Dr. Erdogan at ASMED in Turkey and Dr. Diep in California are two fue surgeons that come to mind.

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

Yes larger sessions are best done over several days in order to reduce trauma to the scalp and ensure higher graft survival rate. The longer the grafts are out of the body the higher chance is of them not surviving. The maximum safe limit I've heard is 8 hours (some doctors go longer, yes I know).

As for the other doctor mentioned above I don't recommend him either from what I've seen on this forum. I guess KO was mentioning him as the worser of evils scenario, I'm not sure.

Try to look outside of India if possible, even if it means waiting longer or costing slightly more.

The risks are high and there are no guarantees with a HT, so make sure you make the best informed decision based on long research.

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

I would not advise you IMHO to do 7k grafts over 3 days. I would try to go for say 3500 max the first round, and do it over two days.

I don't know FUE clinics in India. It's disappointing to me that there aren't more that are producing great work given that the medical industry is pretty advanced. That said, Eugenix has some good results on this forum, as you've seen, but I would keep reading until you are comfortable. There is also Dr. A P.o.s.w.a.l in Delhi you should look at.

yes, eugenix is where a fellow board member called harin had his transplant. He too had 3 or 4 transplant sessions for ~7k grafts from scalp and beard.

Explorer, search the forum for patient posts from eugenix. This would give you an idea of what to expect.