Help. 4.5 months post HT and no results

Benjno

Hello. I am hoping the community can ease my concerns. 4.5 months ago, I had an fue procedure. Approximately 2500 grafts in the midscalp area. Procedure was performed by a reputable physician on the west coast. At present, I still cannot see a single transplanted hair coming through and the midscalp is much thinner than before the procedure. I have seen far too many posts of results showing after 3-4 months and getting nervous. I contacted the physician who told me it is too early, disregard the medical miracles who show growth at 3-4 months and do not expect anything until 6 months out. Also, the overall thinning is temporary and will improve. Really looking for some support and to ease my worries that I may just be a slower grower. Please help!

Do you have any before/after pics, and are you on Fin? (regarding the midscalp getting thinner)

Some people can be slow growers and 4.5 months is still too early too panic but we can look at the pics and try to see what is going on if you can post them.

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

Growth can really start anywhere from 4-6 months so, while your concern is appropriate, I would not panic. People who have early growth often post about it, but many people come in on the 4-6 month timeline with plenty of growth afterwards.

If 6 months come and you have nothing to show you may have had a failed HT, but it is too soon to say that in your case.

Thanks. What about still being thinner 4 months out than before the procedure?

Well it kinda make sense doesn't it. A lotta people say their native hair grows back slower after a transplant, you don't have a lot of transplanted hair kicking in yet, potential shock loss that hasn't grown back yet... so it's going to look thinner till everything catches up. Don't stress it. Give it time.

Thanks. What about still being thinner 4 months out than before the procedure?

Already asked about Fin as it could be your hair thinning out behind the transplant, or it could also be shock loss from the trauma of the surgery.

Pics would help to give a better opinion.

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

I will post pictures tomorrow for comments. I have been on finasteride and minoxidil for 5 years. The HT was solely to increase density as I am diffuse. The last thing I expected was to end up thinne after a $10k procedure. At this point, I would be thrilled to just get back to where I was before the procedure.

Could be some temporary shockloss, monitor it and also check with your surgeon.

go dense or go home

• 3 years later...