3382 grafts - Lupanzula

KO

• Administrators

KO to be fair, you should post photos similar to your pre op photos in this thread which are all three front view, of course top view matters, but we all know hair transplantation is about illusion, and even the best transplants can appear sparse under particular lighting or certain angles. If the result is poor ill be the first to say it, i'm in no way shape or form trying to defend any clinic, but before posters begin to bandwagon this as a poor result, I think we need to really know what were looking at, and one picture top view under harsh lighting is not really a good representation of the result.

If you have a smart phone(which im assuming you do) than you can take front view, side view, and top view photos under neutral lighting in less than 5 minutes. Also, have you reached out to the clinics rep? I understand you were speaking with that particular rep prior to having your procedure, I would imagine that person would be willing to reach out to the clinic for you.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators
Yeah I will post, it just takes some time to edit out face etc. That said, the photo I posted is under soft lighting, under harsh lighting, will be worse.

Use the front facing camera and make sure not to include your face, I don’t edit my face out cause I don’t include it. It takes me less than 5 minutes to take these pics, I recommend taking the pictures in a brightly lit bathroom or outside in natural light.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

• Administrators
The results are definitely not upto the mark, you still have few more months but obviously can't expect a miracle.

I guess things would have been different if you would have opt for FUT.

Anyways do keep us updated

This is why updated photos are necessary comments like this, how do you know things would’ve been different if he would’ve chosen FUT do you remember dutchie? How do you know this is a poor result with certainty? He had all of the grafts placed in the frontal third, therefore taking the crown in to consideration would be inappropriate.

There is definitely growth in the frontal third, however it is impossible to judge the hairline because we don’t have photos to judge, I’ve asked KO three times to submit better photos but it seems he doesn’t have time to do so, but the last thing we should do as a community is unfairly judge a result based on one photo, to fairly judge we need to see the same angle photos as the ones he took pre op, he didn’t take top view pictures pre op so it’s hard to say whether the result is poor because there’s no comparison.

Let’s wait for KO to submit better photos before making an assessment. The only thing we can offer is our condolences because it’s obvious he’s not happy, whether it’s poor growth or mismanaged expectations we don’t know as of yet. But I think at this point the clinic needs to respond.

View my thread

I am sorry that you are not happy with your outcome so far.

However, you appeared to be kinda slow in the process from the very beginning. Maybe there will be more growth in the future.

However, it also appears that your crown thinned a lot (based on the pics we have) in the last month'. Seems your hairloss has picked up. I would definitely discuss with the clinic and make high qualitiy pics with them.

Wish you the best.

Hey, I have been really busy, but am updating as per request. A few comments for...transparency.

- I have reached out to the clinic, and will update you all.

- I changed my meds in Month 7 - moved from alternating finasteride and dutasteride EOD to dutasteride only on weekends. That is likely responsible for the worrying decline in crown. That's on me though and I have increased dutasteride to 5x a week.

- That said, the front is still weak and was slow to begin with.

IMG_8455.jpg.721c9b48c8459caf45d3ff97ef771d3e.jpg

IMG_8454.jpg.f1f17d62caa0e8b48bf1c7df27ec8918.jpg

IMG_8466.thumb.jpg.26081f456bf1635913727d086bf8339c.jpg

IMG_8465.thumb.jpg.cc987c43670c6208ed846793003663f8.jpg

IMG_8461.thumb.jpg.05469e4624ca2f3ed7efe5a94e42a0ad.jpg

IMG_8459.thumb.jpg.53a568f05133b2d4b00e7243f59e44c9.jpg

IMG_8456.thumb.jpg.bb09ad32e7e23beedf4c016a29729655.jpg

IMG_8453.thumb.jpg.5472931261d8d6024114c9f660ac6aa4.jpg

• Administrators

Thanks for following up KO, now we can say with certainty that the growth is not what should be expected from 3,000 grafts, there is some growth, but definitely not 3,000 grafts. I did a comparison of your pre op to now and you do have some cosmetic improvement, but I would agree with you that for 3,000 grafts placed in such a small area you should expect much better density. Have you contacted the clinic? Have you reached out to their rep who shall remain nameless? SMG has a good smp clinic, I believe Dr. Rassman has a good smp clinic, Dr. Umar as well.

The good thing is that the donor looks good, if there are any positives to take away, at least you can get another procedure elsewhere, I’m sorry things have not worked out for you. I hope you can keep us updated on what you do next and good luck man.

C6413ED9-40F3-4006-98EB-496FAAA6CAC7.jpg

View my thread

KO, definitely hoping things turn around for you. Hope you get a response from clinic.

Regarding, SMP, not much is known and docs are just interested in this fully untested market for the scalp. There was a news story that broke the other day, Old tattoo to blame for woman's 'cancer' - CNN

I was looking into it to but kind of uncertain now after that article.

Thank you for the update. We wish you all the best, that there is some late growth and you are not one of These X-factor cases.

On top: It is really weird, how suddenly you have reacted to the change of medication (if this is the reason for the loss in the crown. Hopefully it is just a shed, and will come back. How Long were you on your fromer dosis?

I'd like to thank everyone for their support to KO during his development. It is good to have forums such as this for general questions and interaction. I would however like to address some comments and implications being made.

There have been some comments about how it is hoped that we will get back to KO and that he has not heard from us. The truth is that we have not even heard from KO regarding his ten month update until today when he sent an email to our patient coordinator with new photos. We have also been in contact during his development and we asked KO to give the result a full twelve months before judgement is passed.

Our clinic has been closed for the past several days while we attended the ISHRS annual meeting in Prague. We will be in contact with KO once we return to the clinic this coming week. We wish you all a wonderful Sunday.

Dr Lupanzula E.

MeDiKemos Hair Transplantation

Dr. Emorane Lupanzula is recommended on Hair Transplant Network

Email: info@medikemos.com

Telephone: + 32 2 535 55 40

Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/MHairTransplantation

KO,

I agree with others above that, while your pics show some cosmetic improvement, the results appear to be subpar for the number of grafts. I see you are already in contact with the clinic. Please keep us posted on their assessment and your plans moving forward.

In the meantime, I am also going to contact the clinic regarding your case and suggest that they share their perspective here as well.

Best of luck!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

I only just realized that Medikemos has already replied to this discussion. Please keep us posted on any updated.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

I 'm sorry that you have had no good results KO. I cross fingers for it going better as soon as possible.

I do not want to add any noise to the conversation, but indeed the medication stopping its effect can have a devastating effect in few months, I had a terrible cosmetic loss in half a year when i was not taking it regularly (and actually this made me undergo to a HT under a unbelievable lot of stress). Also, another thing that we all should bear in mind is that, even if the doctor is good and the procedure/post-op goes well, there is no granted results, unfortunately.

best of the luck again KO, I'm confident you will be in a better position in the near future.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all, I spoke with Dr Lupanzula, and he said that there is still more growth to come and to wait the full 12 months. I will be patient and keep updating you guys. I've been a lot busier with work recently, so don't log on as much as before, but I will update with 11month and 12 month results. Appreciate the support from you guys!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, sorry for the delay in posting. I have been dealing with an unrelated health issue. But as promised here are my 10M photos. I sent them to the clinic, and their response was that they note improvement over the frontal region where the surgery was done. While I note the improvement, the density is not as great as I had hoped.

Please let me know what you all think- this is 10 Months. I will also post 12 Month images.

1.jpg.fd4464a3c05354d601a8f4285fab07b4.jpg

2.jpg.e1a4f2cff9d58e34989f4b001daa5645.jpg

3.jpg.0e4ad8bd63fb8232e0d19bae8ff9edff.jpg

4.png.8dc28959bc37090d0a60ce086f02b913.png

5.jpg.a0479dc916261a0f34ceada251388c56.jpg

Here are just over 12 month photos. While I note growth throughout the frontal region, the density does seem to be less than what I expected. Especially the hairline, which I feel should be denser given the sheer amount of grafts and the high level of MFU's implanted.

IMG_9226.jpg.60a766ae3a59814eb539d467221e4f76.jpg

IMG_9231.jpg.0e0a6afc1ed2b015d17c9764ad7dc108.jpg

IMG_9232.jpg.316e9896997be32d9ab6630e0cc59157.jpg

IMG_9233.jpg.36446dd1ba8f16738c5c1bcc73ac7fca.jpg

IMG_9235.thumb.jpg.a9db30850750a13c8f0d7de6df31bd4b.jpg

IMG_9246.jpg.b2f4278dec04ed9370532667bde82264.jpg

IMG_9247.jpg.6dd5c0dd5d274921cf99c2e57d68b300.jpg

IMG_9248.jpg.8b5bf0bb52fce5a9f4b3d74b64c09d79.jpg

IMG_9249.jpg.e9e21bc04b1b07c0b6a56dcf64cc089c.jpg

IMG_9250.jpg.c88697177c739e975adf6c80b3ccc721.jpg