3382 grafts - Lupanzula

KO

They are jealous of your recent HT surgery.. (just joking lol)

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

Hi Ko, great looking work by the doctor and great write up.

I have a couple of questions:

(1) Why did you choose FUE over FUT?

(2) I imagine you cast a wide net for doctors and slowly eliminated doctors.

What other doctors were you considering?

1) I chose FUE in order to be able to keep my hair short. The length I wear my hair, the scar would be visible.

2) Actually, I did the opposite. I had a list of doctors and I would have been comfortable going to any of them. My view was that all were doing quality work and would be difficult to separate in terms of quality. Basically Konior, all the Belgians and Lorenzo.

KO,

Congratulations on your surgery with Dr Lupanzula I know you have done your research taken your time and have made a good decision. Looking forward like others to following your results.

Good growth to you.

Senior Patient Advisor for Dr Edward Ball of The Maitland Clinic.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of The Maitland Clinic.

Formerly Garageland of Hasson & Wong with 20 years of history in Hair Restoration.

Meet with myself for a free consultation and advice in London on June 21st 2018.

Day 11

Wow KO, so clean on day 11. Good luck and happy growing.

3185 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 2/17/16

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/182611-fut-3185-dr-rahal-day-after-pics.html

1204 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 3/27/17

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/186586-round-2-rahal-1204-fut-frontal-third-same-area.html

---> total of 4389 grafts to my frontal third via FUT

---> 1mg finasteride daily since 1999:)

Growth cycle of transplanted hair is very variable, this depends on different factors such as the stage of hair growth, duration that they have been out of the body.

Certainly, post transplant, hair growth is not the same for all hair , some continue to grow, some shed, some grow a little and remain dormant for a while and some prick through the skin and stop. For them all to become mature and grow simultaneously time is needed. This is where the patience come and the time mark of 12 to 18 months.

I am currently 10 days shy of 4 month mark, I see my transplanted hair growing as mentioned and they appear to be in different stages.

sultsay

Agreed, transplanted hair growing out initially is not a prerequisite to a successful procedure.

Most just sit there until they shed and only a small handful will grow uninterrupted

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

Hey ok,

Good to see you've had your procedure done, you are a good example of someone who done lots of homework before jumping in. All looks very neat and tidy, good luck man and happy growing of your new recruits early next year

Hey KO, yes, I have also some flaking --specially in the transplanted area, meaning within the frontal-- after the HT (2.5 months post now). I have not have it before, so I assume that is likely related to the procedure. It is noticeable but not a big thing, in any case.

By the way, congrats for the procedure, hope it will go very well. In case it may be somehow helpful, to mention that most of my transplanted hair was holding till the 6th week post-op, but it was growing very poorly. From the 6th to the 8th week, most of the shedding occur (difficult to say, but maybe I lost 60-70%), whereas the rest of the hair started to grow at a normal pace.

Week 6, still have retained a decent number of implanted hairs, as per menosmolas above. I suppose they will fall over the next two weeks. Flaking has reduced a bit after I massaged the scalp. I occaisionally get bursts of acne, with a few zits popping up on the scalp and am getting some now, checking with doctor to see if it requires treatment.

5b32f1291d217_Week6.thumb.jpg.3fa8d6ded6fd4dc5bba0e82b160313e3.jpg

I learned that I was being too gentle with my scalp, and over the past week I've been firmly massaging it with my fingertips and indeed, there are a lot of dormant hairs that were just sitting still on my scalp, I believe they matured after month 1. So they've come off and now it looks like the ugly duckling stage...Also the pinkness wasn't there the first 3 weeks postop, but emerged after day 21.

W7-2.thumb.jpg.42ea680bca2d809eb414c44ddc4b2344.jpg

5b32f1498dcbc_Hairline1.jpg.d92aedfc0048987944a1f6ff50d72018.jpg

5b32f149b11e1_Hairline2.jpg.4e4fc488c580664c679e8a903c2c3565.jpg

5b32f149c29c6_Closeup1.jpg.3992be2a57a56534ffd87ac808f7b278.jpg

5b32f149d1dc2_Closeup2.jpg.10e5747f16ae6b59fdcfafb22e521713.jpg

5b32f149e7987_Closeup3.jpg.92a71007d8289d49c5fc2a5a11734757.jpg

5b32f14a0538e_Closeup4.jpg.a34dc65be7ded43919c6effc6e7829a5.jpg

• 1 month later...

Hey all, I might post some photos but overall, nothing much has changed in Month 3, but I do note a bunch of "tree stump" hairs. What's also interesting is that some of the hairs on my scalp aren't tapered in the usual way. Normally miniaturized hair tapers away from the thickest point at the root into the tip, whereas here, some of my hairs have a bulb-like thickness at the tip, followed by a thin shaft. I'll see if I can get some of those.

As an aside, even though I'm balder now than before the op, and I'm still in my ugly duckling, I just don't think as much about my hair. Maybe it's because I feel I've done all that I can, but it's a big change from before. I've been buzzing my sides shorter than before, which helps a lot, and obviously is a big advantage for FUE.

Hey all, I might post some photos but overall, nothing much has changed in Month 3, but I do note a bunch of "tree stump" hairs. What's also interesting is that some of the hairs on my scalp aren't tapered in the usual way. Normally miniaturized hair tapers away from the thickest point at the root into the tip, whereas here, some of my hairs have a bulb-like thickness at the tip, followed by a thin shaft. I'll see if I can get some of those.

As an aside, even though I'm balder now than before the op, and I'm still in my ugly duckling, I just don't think as much about my hair. Maybe it's because I feel I've done all that I can, but it's a big change from before. I've been buzzing my sides shorter than before, which helps a lot, and obviously is a big advantage for FUE.

I had that feeling too, as far as having done all that I could. I think there is some peace in that.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.